Best LASIK Surgeon In Greensburg, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Greensburg LASIK Surgeons in Greensburg, Greensburg, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Greensburg reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Greensburg.
Envision Laser Centers
1318 Eisenhower Blvd, Johnstown, PA 15904
Envision Laser Center is highly recommended for lasik and PRK, with patients speaking positively of the amazing, helpful staff. The surgery is fast, painless and life-changing thanks to detailed guidance. Financing, follow-ups and exceptional service make this a top choice.
- Fast and painless surgery: Multiple reviews mention that the surgery was quick and painless, resulting in a positive experience for the patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff, particularly Ben, received high praise for their friendliness and helpfulness. Patients appreciated the staff's willingness to answer questions and provide support throughout the process.
- Excellent results and great customer service: Many reviews express satisfaction with the outcome of the surgery, reporting improved vision and a life-changing experience. The follow-up care and post-surgery support were also highlighted as positive aspects of the practice.
Envision Laser Centers
332 W Plank Rd, Altoona, PA 16602
Envision Laser Centers patients consistently mentioned the friendly and helpful staff. Many praised individuals like Ben and Debbie for exceptional care. Numerous patients reported successful procedures and improved vision, commending Dr. Patel and his team’s professionalism. Overall, reviews highlight the staff’s commitment to patient comfort and satisfaction, making Envision a recommended choice for lasik surgery.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Envision Laser Centers is friendly, welcoming, and personable. They provide excellent customer service and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Highly skilled surgeons: Reviews consistently mention the skill and professionalism of the surgeons at Envision. They are described as knowledgeable, thorough, and calming during the procedure. Many reviewers are extremely satisfied with the results of their surgeries.
- Efficient and painless process: Several reviews highlight the quick and painless nature of the LASIK or PRK procedure at Envision. Patients appreciate the simplicity of the process, with minimal wait times and easy post-operative visits. The staff is praised for their clear explanations and support throughout each step of the procedure.
5000 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Current Specials: Save 20%* On LASIK
Patients consistently compliment the LasikPlus practice and its staff for their friendliness, attentiveness, and professionalism. Knowledgeable and thorough staff provide comfort throughout the procedure. Many patients report immediate vision improvement along with quick recovery times. Affordability is also mentioned as a plus. Overall, patients strongly recommend Dr. Rom and LasikPlus.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The staff at LasikPlus are highly praised for being friendly, helpful, and caring. They ensure that patients are well-informed and comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the Lasik procedure was fast, painless, and resulted in excellent vision. Some even reported being able to see 20/20 within 24 hours after the surgery.
- Efficient and seamless process: Numerous reviewers mentioned that the entire process, from the initial consultation to post-op appointments, was smooth and efficient. The knowledgeable staff and experienced doctors guide patients through each step, making the overall experience easy and stress-free.
Luna Vision and Med Spa – Dr. R.M. Dutt
6291 US-30, Greensburg, PA 15601
Dr. Dutt draws positive reviews for his skill with lasik and other procedures. Patients say he pays close attention to detail and produces impressive results. His staff and the Luna Vision clinic earn high marks for the care and service they provide.
- Dr. Dutt is highly skilled and knowledgeable: Multiple reviewers praise her expertise and attention to detail in various cosmetic procedures, including Botox, fillers, IPL Fraxel, and PDO threading.
- Great results and lasting effects: Many reviewers mention being happy with the results of their treatments, such as improved skin appearance, reduced acne, and relief from migraines. They express confidence in Dr. Dutt's abilities and appreciate the longer-lasting effects of her procedures.
- Friendly and professional staff: Several reviewers mention the friendly and helpful nature of Dr. Dutt's staff, creating a positive and comfortable experience for patients. They also appreciate the clean and inviting environment at the practice.
- Note: It is important to mention that there is one negative review that should be taken into consideration as well.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
1606 Carmody Ct Suite 101, Sewickley, PA 15143
The lasik surgery practice is highly recommended for its experienced and attentive staff, smooth process, and successful procedures. Patients report improved vision, often achieving 20/20 or better. Dr. Zambelli is praised for professionalism and personalized care. TLC Laser Eye Center provides exceptional, individualized service.
- Highly skilled surgeon: Dr. Zambelli received praise for her expertise and care during the Lasik surgeries. Patients mentioned that she was knowledgeable, attentive, and made them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Friendly and experienced staff: The entire team at the Lasik surgeon practice was described as friendly, caring, and professional. Patients appreciated the staff's friendliness, expertise, and ability to answer their questions and provide support.
- Efficient and convenient service: Many patients mentioned that scheduling appointments and the actual surgery were easy and convenient. The practice was praised for its quick and efficient service, allowing patients to have the surgery and return to their normal activities.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.