Best LASIK Surgeon In Bala Cynwyd, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 109 LASIK Surgeons in Bala Cynwyd, PA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 9914 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Bala Cynwyd.
Northern Ophthalmic Associates: Jenkintown
500 York Rd #102, Jenkintown, PA 19046
Patients consistently praise the professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the staff and doctors at this lasik surgeon practice. Many patients have received cataract and glaucoma surgery with positive follow-up appointments and no complications. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of exams and explanations of eye health and procedures. Additionally, patients highly recommend the practice for LASIK surgery, with many reporting improvements to their vision. Wait times can be a concern, but patients generally feel that the wait is worth the quality of care they receive.
- Friendly and courteous staff who provide prompt and efficient service.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctors who are thorough and take the time to explain procedures and answer questions.
- Patients report excellent experiences: skilled doctors, comfortable office environment, quick and easy scheduling, and great results.
The LASIK Vision Institute
555 E City Ave Suite 1010 Ste 1010, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Patients have highly recommended the Lasik Vision Institute in Bala Cynwyd for having an amazing staff, a painless and quick procedure, and for delivering great results. Many have appreciated the attentiveness of the staff and the comforting environment that helped ease their nerves during the procedure. Patients believe that the staff is professional, informative, and trustworthy and recommend this place to anyone who wants to get rid of their glasses. Negative reviews complain about long wait times, possible misdiagnosis, and the possibility of needing glasses after the surgery.
- Quick, painless procedure with great results
- Friendly, informative, and professional staff from front desk to doctors
- Life-changing experience with improved vision and confidence
Kremer Eye Center - King of Prussia
1018 W 9th Ave #100, King of Prussia, PA 19406
The Kremer Eye Center and Dr. Aronsky receive positive feedback from many of their patients. Patients appreciate the professional and friendly staff, top-notch facilities, and the thorough evaluation process. Treatment effectiveness is also positively noted by some patients who were satisfied with their improved vision after having LASIK and other surgeries. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention issues with wait times, administrative and billing concerns, and some dissatisfaction with treatment results.
- The staff is professional, knowledgeable, and caring, and the facilities are top-notch.
- The surgery itself went smoothly and the results were amazing.
- They offer a Kremer Lifetime Commitment which allows patients to come back for any enhancements in the future.
CataractPhiladelphia - James S. Lewis, MD
8380 Old York Rd #110a, Elkins Park, PA 19027
Dr. Lewis and his staff are highly recommended for their professionalism, expertise, and caring attitude towards patients. Patients have appreciated Dr. Lewis's good bedside manner, sense of humor, and his ability to answer all questions. The surgery center is calm and staffed with nurses who explain each step of the process and give excellent directions. Overall, patients have had fantastic experiences with Dr. Lewis and his team and recommend them for anyone needing an eye procedure.
- Professional and caring doctor and staff who provide excellent results for cataract surgery, cornea transplant, and LASIK.
- State-of-the-art equipment and procedures.
- Friendly and attentive staff who treat patients like family.
Dr. Brad H. Feldman, MD | LASIK, Crosslinking, Cataract & Cornea Surgeon
1930 S Broad St Unit #9, Philadelphia, PA 19145
Dr. Brad Feldman is a highly knowledgeable and caring surgeon who provides thorough explanations and patient-centered care. Patients rave about his excellent bedside manner and dedication to their vision and overall health. Many highlight their successful procedures, such as LASIK or cataract surgery, and appreciate the professionalism and expertise of his team as well. Some negative comments were directed towards the office staff or scheduling process. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Feldman for his skills, care, and results.
- Dr. Feldman is personable, caring and knowledgeable, providing thorough explanations and answering all questions.
- The procedure is great and life-changing, with excellent results and follow-up communication.
- Dr. Feldman demonstrates excellent customer service and a high level of professionalism, with a focus on patient care and overall health.
Columbus LASIK Vision
4626 Street Rd, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
Patients highly recommend Dr. Columbus for lasik and PRK surgery. Patients report that Dr. Columbus is knowledgeable, caring, and professional. Patients praise the quick and painless surgery, and many report significant improvements in their vision. Patients also appreciate the friendly and informative staff and the clean and welcoming office environment.
- The practice offers newer and more precise technology than other lasik surgeons
- Dr. Columbus is professional, kind, and knowledgeable
- The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, and the clinic is clean and comfortable.
Wills Eye Laser Vision: Dr. Brad H Feldman
840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
The lasik surgeon practice headed by Dr. Feldman is highly recommended by many satisfied patients. Patients laud Dr. Feldman's thorough explanations of the processes involved in surgeries, his compassionate attitude towards them, and his professional and meticulous approach to surgeries. The positive comments also mention the care provided by Dr. Feldman's team and the excellent outcomes of the surgeries, with many patients experiencing improved vision within a day of the surgeries.
- Dr. Feldman is a very caring and compassionate surgeon who takes his time to explain everything to his patients and makes them comfortable throughout the procedure.
- The team at Wills Eye is excellent and provides straightforward guidance on what to expect and how to care for your eyes after the surgery.
- The procedure is quick, painless, and the majority of patients experience excellent vision immediately after the procedure with very little discomfort or side-effects.
Kremer Eye Center
965 Baltimore Pike Suite #6, Springfield, PA 19064
Patients had an easy time scheduling appointments and pre-registering for their visit at Kremer Eye Center and appreciated the friendly and respectful staff. A particular technician named Megan was mentioned multiple times for making patients feel at ease. The doctors were thorough during evaluations and were knowledgeable in their field. Patients who underwent LASIK surgery had successful outcomes. However, one patient expressed frustration for not being thoroughly checked for an eye issue that caused their surgery to be canceled last minute and an appointment with a specialist was needed.
- Easy and efficient scheduling process with excellent preregistration procedures.
- Thorough evaluation and follow-up with knowledgeable and professional staff.
- Successful outcome and improved vision for those who underwent LASIK surgery.
Mark F. Pyfer, MD
500 Old York Rd #102, Jenkintown, PA 19046
The patients are highly satisfied with the results of their LASIK procedure at Dr. Pyfer's clinic and praise his professionalism, efficiency, and informative consultation process. They report quick procedure times, amazing results, and post-operative support, including accommodating schedules, answering phone calls, and providing necessary medications. Additionally, patients appreciate the expertise of Dr. Pyfer, who is a professor and affiliated with Wills Eye and one of the leading laser cataract surgeons in the region.
- Effective Lasik procedures with successful outcomes, resulting in improved vision better than 20/20.
- Professional and knowledgeable surgeon and team with exceptional customer service, making patients feel at ease throughout the Lasik process.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients who have referred their family and friends to Dr. Pyfer for Lasik surgery.
LasikPlus: Dr. Richard Norden
303 Fellowship Rd Suite 100, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
Patients who had positive experiences with Norden Laser Eye noted that the staff was friendly and professional, that Dr. Norden and his team did an incredible job making them feel comfortable and informed throughout the procedure, and that they have experienced improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts. They also appreciated the facilities, the one-stop shop for various services, and Dr. Norden's involvement and knowledge in the field.
- Dr. Norden and his team provide excellent care and attention to detail, making patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the lasik procedure.
- Patients experience incredible results and have great vision after surgery, even seeing better than they did with contacts or glasses.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and accommodating, making patients feel at ease and confident in the success of their lasik procedure.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article