Best Eye Doctors In Wilkes Barre, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Wilkes Barre Optometrists in Wilkes Barre, Wilkes Barre, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Wilkes Barre reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Wilkes Barre.
Columbus LASIK Vision
340 Wilkes Barre Township Blvd, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702
Dr. Columbus and his team at Columbus Lasik Vision were highly recommended by most patients for their compassion, thoroughness, and attentiveness in addressing concerns and ensuring well-being. Many reported life-changing vision improvements and gratitude for the care received. However, a few patients noted dissatisfaction with post-surgery complications and outcomes.
- Dr. Columbus goes above and beyond for his patients, even on weekends and after hours.
- The staff at Columbus Lasik Vision provides thorough explanations and take the time to address any concerns.
- Patients experience life-changing results and improved vision after procedures with Dr. Columbus.
Eye Care Specialists
703 Rutter Ave, Kingston, PA 18704
The eye care center is lauded for its thorough, professional doctors and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Drs. Mick, Urbanski, Savage, Havrilla, and Szulborski excel at attentive exams and enjoyable visits. Additional benefits include short wait times, streamlined appointments, and ample frame selections.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Several reviewers praised the doctors for their expertise and thoroughness during eye exams. They felt that the doctors took their time, explained things well, and were caring and attentive to their needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the eye care center. They appreciated the assistance and support they received from both the doctors and the staff members during their visits.
- Efficient check-in and short wait times: Some reviewers appreciated the quick and efficient check-in and check-out process at the eye care center. They also mentioned that the wait times were relatively short, so they didn't have to spend too much time waiting before being seen by a doctor.
Family Vision Care of Kingston
390 Pierce St, Kingston, PA 18704
This eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for its friendly and helpful staff, short appointment wait times, and wide selection of glasses. Patients report thorough, informative eye exams from professional doctors who take time to answer all questions. With a focus on customer service and comprehensive eye care, this office comes highly recommended.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that they had the most thorough and complete eye exams at this eye care center. The doctors take their time to answer questions and explain conditions clearly.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. They mention that the staff is caring, competent, and provides excellent customer service.
- Low wait time and efficient appointments: Several reviewers mention that they had minimal wait times for appointments and eye glass selection. They appreciate the efficiency and promptness of the staff at this eye care center.
32/33 Wyoming Valley Mall Rd, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Patients appreciate Dr. Wagner and staff for their friendly service, expertise, and attentiveness in selecting frames. Safety precautions during the pandemic are noted. Assistant manager Michelle earns high marks for her knowledge, patience, and excellent customer service. Patients are grateful for the positive experiences at this eye care center.
- Great customer service: Multiple reviews praise the customer service at this eye care center, specifically mentioning helpful and knowledgeable staff members.
- Positive exam experience: Customers are satisfied with the eye exams conducted by Dr. Wagner, highlighting his professionalism and informative approach.
- Accommodating and patient sales associates: Sales associates like Collin and Michelle are commended for their patience, assistance with insurance, and willingness to help customers find the perfect frames.
Northeastern Eye Institute
190 Welles St, Forty Fort, PA 18704
Dr. Boland and his Kingston office staff, especially John, earn acclaim for their expertise and accommodating manner. Patients trust Dr. Boland’s skill as a cataract surgeon. The helpful, informative staff promotes confidence. Though one patient cited long waits for appointments, Northeast Eye is considered a premier center with astute doctors and cordial employees.
- Dr. Boland is skilled and knowledgeable, especially in cataract surgery.
- The staff is professional, accommodating, and informative, making patients feel at ease.
- The office is efficient and runs on time, with minimal wait times for appointments.
Doctors of Optometry – Wyoming Valley Mall
32/33 Wyoming Valley Mall, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
The majority of reviewers were pleased with the knowledgeable and personable doctors and staff. However, some mentioned issues with insurance coverage, high exam prices, and rushed service from one doctor. Overall, most customers were satisfied with their visits.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Many reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center were knowledgeable, thorough, friendly, and explained the exam results clearly.
- Helpful and friendly staff: The staff, including associates, technicians, and managers, were described as respectful, understanding, attentive, and informative. They were also willing to help customers find the right glasses within their price range.
- Good customer service: Several reviews praised the customer service received at this location, mentioning that the staff was polite, professional, and went above and beyond to accommodate their needs.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2160 Highland Park Blvd, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Customers appreciated the thorough and patient eye doctors, fabulous and knowledgeable staff, and Bri’s fun approach at the America’s Best eye care center in Wilkes-Barre. They enjoyed the great customer service, affordable prices, and quality products.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this location, specifically Bri, as being friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful in selecting frames and explaining pricing options.
- Thorough and patient eye exams: Reviewers praise Dr. Rudnick for his thoroughness and patience during the eye exam process, ensuring accurate prescriptions and a positive experience.
- Quick delivery and scratch-free glasses: Customers mention receiving their glasses within a week and being satisfied with the quality and lack of scratches.
Northeastern Eye Institute – Wilkes-Barre
679 Kidder St Ste 8, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702
Northeastern Eye Institute is well regarded for their friendly staff, thorough exams, and positive experiences. Specific doctors like Dr. Brown and Dr. Judge are noted for their excellent care. However, one reviewer did report a long wait time and unfriendly receptionist. Most recommend Northeastern Eye Institute.
- Friendly and helpful staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcomed
- Thorough and professional eye exams with knowledgeable and caring doctors
- Wide variety of frames to choose from and assistance in finding the right glasses
Crystal Vision Center – Wilkes Barre
602 Carey Ave, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
The friendly, professional staff at Crystal Vision provides excellent eye care. Patients describe enjoyable exams with experienced, knowledgeable doctors. Some appreciate cost savings from the convenience of updating prescription lenses in favorite frames.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff at Crystal Vision for being friendly, caring, and accommodating. They are described as pleasant, welcoming, and taking the time to assist customers in picking out frames.
- Professional eye exams: Customers mention that the eye exams at Crystal Vision are thorough and professional. The optometrists are praised for their expertise and knowledge, taking the time to explain options and ensure the best vision correction for the customers.
Carl J. Urbanski, OD
390 Pierce St, Kingston, PA 18704
The eye care center was praised for its knowledgeable and friendly eye doctors, thorough and professional eye exams, convenient location, and appointment availability. While reviews were largely positive, some customers did note areas for improvement.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. This is crucial for a positive experience during eye exams and eye care, as it allows patients to feel comfortable and confident in the care they are receiving.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Reviewers highlighted the modern and advanced equipment used at this eye care center. This is a significant advantage as it ensures accurate and thorough eye exams, enabling the detection and diagnosis of various eye conditions effectively.
277 Mundy St Ste 101, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702
Most customers had a positive experience at this eye care center, highlighting attentive staff, skilled optometrists, and thorough exams. A few negative reviews cited issues like miscommunication, long waits, and unsatisfactory service. In general, this eye care center is recommended for meeting vision needs.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple customers mention that they received thorough eye exams at this location, which suggests that the eye care center takes the time to provide comprehensive and detailed eye exams.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praise the staff for being attentive, friendly, and professional. This indicates that the employees at this establishment prioritize customer service and create a welcoming environment for their clients.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrists: Several reviewers highlight the expertise and care demonstrated by the optometrists at this location. They mention that the optometrists take their time, provide clear explanations, and answer all questions, ensuring a positive experience during the eye exam process.
Sam’s Club Optical Center
441 Wilkes Barre Township Blvd, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702
The eye care center offers professional service and ensures glasses meet customers’ high standards. The reviewer got reasonably-priced, satisfactory glasses and enthusiastically recommends this optical center.
- Professional staff: Customers appreciate the professionalism of the eye care center, with one reviewer specifically mentioning Cheryl for providing excellent service.
- Perfect glasses: The eye care center ensures that customers' glasses are customized to perfection, leaving them satisfied and happy with their purchase.
- Reasonable prices: Customers find the prices for glasses at this eye care center to be the most reasonable compared to other optical centers, making it a cost-effective option.
Dr. Nicholas J. Barna, MD
423 3rd Ave E, Kingston, PA 18704
This eye care center has a long history of satisfied customers who have had positive experiences with the knowledgeable staff. Patients commend Dr. Nick Barna for his skillful cataract surgery and implantation of Symphony Lenses, resulting in improved vision. The anesthesiologist Leonard is also praised for his excellent care. Patients consistently describe their experience here as outstanding.
- Highly skilled staff: Customers praised the skill and expertise of the staff, particularly in the operating room. They specifically mentioned Nick Barna as a great practitioner and Leonard as an excellent anesthesiologist.
- Successful cataract surgery: A reviewer shared their positive experience with cataract surgery at the eye care center. They mentioned having Symphony Lenses implanted, resulting in exceptional vision of 20/15 in both eyes. This suggests that the center is capable of performing successful and advanced procedures.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.