Best Eye Doctors In Washington, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Washington Optometrists in Washington, Washington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Washington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Washington.
Eye Candy Optical Center
3923 Washington Rd, McMurray, PA 15317
The eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for their friendly staff, thorough exams, wide frame selection, and professional doctors. Negative remarks concern noisy, disrespectful employees and aggressive sales tactics.
- Super friendly and helpful staff, providing prompt and efficient service.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors who take the time to explain any changes during the eye exam.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere, making each visit feel like a family reunion.
Everett & Hurite Ophthalmic Association
3001 Waterdam Plaza Dr #120, McMurray, PA 15317
Patients consistently praise the eye doctors for their expertise, patience, and compassion. The friendly staff helps ensure a smooth visit. Patients feel the doctors listen to concerns, explain issues clearly, and provide attentive care from start to finish.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors who make patients, including young children, feel comfortable during eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to explain findings, answer questions, and ensure a positive experience.
- Efficient and well-run office, with a focus on timeliness and organization.
Seraly Eye Care Associates, LLC
220 E McMurray Rd Suite B, McMurray, PA 15317
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for thorough eye exams, professional staff, beautiful and clean facilities, and extensive eyewear options. Reviewers highly recommend it, though one customer cited overcharging for a service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they had thorough and comprehensive eye exams at the eye care center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, courteous, and helpful. They also mentioned that the staff took the time to explain the exam and answer any questions.
- Beautiful office and large selection of frames: Several reviewers commented on the office's beautiful decor and the wide variety of eyeglass frames to choose from.
EWO – Eyeworks Optical
136 W Chestnut St, Washington, PA 15301
Eyeworks Optical receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff, modern equipment, and personalized eye exams. While some reviewers cited issues with rude staff and scheduling, most recommend Eyeworks as a quality eye care provider.
- Up-to-date equipment for eye exams.
- Friendly and courteous staff.
- Personalized and enjoyable experience.
Balitski Vision PC
400 Locust Ave #2, Washington, PA 15301
Dr. Balitski provides friendly and thorough eye care, earning praise for his professionalism, expertise, and genuine concern. His helpful staff assists with frames and insurance. Overall, reviews indicate excellent service and satisfied customers.
- Friendly and courteous staff.
- Dr. Balitski provides thorough eye exams and explains everything.
- The staff and eye doctor are extremely helpful, thorough, and friendly.
Advanced Vision Care
681 McMurray Rd, Bethel Park, PA 15102
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for their patient-focused staff, detailed eye exams, and guidance choosing glasses. Specific doctors like Dr. Vitale and Dr. Pinter stood out for their professionalism and attentiveness. However, some comments noted hurried appointments and problems with glasses, implying inconsistent service across providers.
- Staff is patient and kind, especially with children, and takes the time to explain tests during eye exams.
- Eye exams are thorough and comprehensive, with optometrists who are knowledgeable, professional, and caring.
- Office staff is friendly and helpful, from check-in to the optical department, making the overall experience pleasant and welcoming.
Penney Eye Care – Bethel Park
4706 Library Rd, Bethel Park, PA 15102
The majority of patients spoke highly of the eye care center’s friendly and knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and wide frame selection. Dr. Penney stood out for her professional yet comforting care. However, one review cited rude staff, indicating inconsistent experiences. Overall, most reviews recommend this center for complete eye care.
- Pleasant and competent staff
- Wide selection of frames and thorough eye exams
- Convenient location and easy appointment scheduling
Vision Source South Hills
457 Washington Ave UNIT A, Bridgeville, PA 15017
The eye doctors at this center, especially Dr. Strain, are lauded for their professionalism and comprehensive exams. Patients describe the staff as friendly and well-informed. In addition to thorough check-ups, the office provides emergency care. However, some reviewers cite problems with front desk staff and billing. Despite these isolated complaints, Dr. Strain and Vision Source South Hills garner enthusiastic recommendations from numerous patients.
- The eye care center has friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide great customer service and are thorough in explaining each test during the eye exam.
- Dr. Strain is highly recommended for her professional and thorough eye exams, taking her time with each patient and addressing any concerns. The office is equipped with advanced testing equipment.
- The doctors and staff at the eye care center show expertise, skill, and a good bedside manner when it comes to treating eye emergencies or situations requiring specialized attention.
Bourse Optical Boutique
2275 Swallow Hill Rd Ste 700, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Bourse Optical provides thorough eye exams under Dr. Gregory’s leadership. Patients appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable staff who aim to make exams a positive experience. The practice offers quality frames and lenses at competitive prices. Though some patients reported poor reception and issues with lenses, most highly recommend Bourse Optical for personalized eye care.
- Extensive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams conducted by Dr. Gregory and his team are comprehensive and detailed, ensuring a thorough assessment of patients' eye health.
- Personable and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Bourse Optical is repeatedly praised for their friendly and knowledgeable demeanor. They are described as being patient, willing to help, and able to answer questions effectively.
- Wide selection of frames and lenses: Customers appreciate the diverse range of frames and lenses available at Bourse Optical. Reviewers mention finding the perfect glasses and being satisfied with their choices. Additionally, there are rebates and discounts offered, making it easier to get the best deal on glasses and contacts.
609 E McMurray Rd, McMurray, PA 15317
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews praising the knowledgeable and professional doctors. Patients found the staff friendly and helpful and appreciated the use of modern technologies. A few negative reviews cited issues with prescriptions, customer service, and costs.
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are knowledgeable, helpful, and take the time to explain everything during eye exams.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviews highlight the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center, noting their helpfulness during the check-in process and their ability to fix and adjust glasses perfectly.
- Wide range of services and latest technologies: According to reviews, this eye care center offers a full range of services, from eye exams to selling eyeglasses, and utilizes the latest technologies to ensure good eye health.
B Doty Vision Care
112 Jones Dr, McMurray, PA 15317
Customers consistently describe the eye exams at the care center as high-quality and the staff as professional. Dr. Magiske receives positive feedback for his thorough and patient approach. Most find the overall experience to be positive thanks to the friendly and helpful staff.
- Superior eye exams with professional and thorough staff
- Friendly and accommodating staff, providing a warm and helpful experience
Doctors of Optometry – The Old Mill
179 Old Mill Blvd, Washington, PA 15301
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback. Patients describe the doctors as professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. The staff earns praise for their friendly and helpful manner. While some customers take issue with glasses pricing or limited seating, these are relatively minor grievances given the predominantly favorable reviews.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough and comfortable eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff who create a positive and welcoming environment.
- Quick and efficient appointments with updated eye exam equipment.
Eye Care Center West
6080 Steubenville Pike, McKees Rocks, PA 15136
Customers were very satisfied with their experience at this eye care center, describing thorough exams and friendly, professional staff. They strongly recommend this office. Another long-time customer appreciates the nice and helpful staff.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Customers consistently mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and professional, indicating a high standard of care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciate the staff's friendly and helpful nature, which creates a welcoming environment and makes it easy to ask questions.
- Long-standing customer satisfaction: One reviewer mentions being a long-time customer, suggesting that the center consistently delivers satisfactory service, leading to customer loyalty.
Washington Optical (Dr. Paul Caimano)
2107 N Franklin Dr STE 1, Washington, PA 15301
Dr. Caimano provides thorough and helpful eye exams, with expertise in special vision care needs. Patients commend their professionalism and consider them the top eye doctor in town.
- In-depth and helpful eye exams: Customers have praised the eye care center for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams. This indicates that the staff takes the time to properly assess a customer's vision care needs.
- Highly professional service: The reviews highlight the professionalism of the eye care center, suggesting that customers can expect a high level of expertise and quality care.
- Recommended by others: The positive recommendation from satisfied customers further reinforces the credibility of the eye care center, indicating that it is a trusted and reliable choice for eye exams and eye care services.
Sam’s Club Optical Center
80 Trinity Point Dr, Washington, PA 15301
Sam’s Optical provides quality eye care at affordable prices without the need for vision insurance. Patients compliment the optometrist and staff. Their low costs make them an accessible option for exams and eyewear.
- Competitive prices: Reviewers highlight that Sam's Optical offers the best prices around, making it a great option for those without vision insurance.
- Exceptional service: The optometrist and staff, particularly Pam, are praised for their wonderful service, indicating a positive experience with eye care and exams.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.