Best Eye Doctors In Stroudsburg, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Stroudsburg Optometrists in Stroudsburg, Stroudsburg, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Stroudsburg reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Stroudsburg.
Doctors of Optometry – Stroud Mall
320 Stroud Mall Rd, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
The center received largely positive feedback for its fast service, knowledgeable doctors who explain thoroughly, and helpful staff. A few reviewers desired a more measured pace and had issues with one doctor’s diagnoses. Still, most highly recommended the center overall for eye exams and glasses.
- Fast and efficient service, with a quick turnaround for eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors who take the time to explain everything in detail.
- Professional and friendly staff who are eager to address any issues or questions.
Christopher J Nowik OD Pc
385 Bangor Junction Rd, Bangor, PA 18013
Dr. Nowik provides knowledgeable, thorough, and kind care, taking time to explain and conduct comprehensive eye exams. His friendly, accommodating staff and extensive frame selection complement the office’s professionalism, cleanliness, and patient-focused care.
- Highly knowledgeable and helpful staff
- Thorough and informative eye exams
- Friendly and accommodating front desk staff
The Optical and Hearing Center
1036 N 9th St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its professional yet efficient doctors, friendly and helpful staff, short wait times, and reasonable prices. Patients report satisfactory experiences with eye exams, frame selection, and rectifying any issues with their glasses.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctor: The doctor at this eye care center was able to accurately diagnose issues with patients' eyes and provide appropriate prescriptions.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center were described as friendly, helpful, and providing adequate time for patients to choose frames and make decisions.
- Quick and efficient service: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams and glasses were completed in a timely manner, with glasses being made quickly and adjustments being offered without issue.
Stroudsburg Eye Specialists
2942 PA-611 #105, Tannersville, PA 18372
Stroudsburg Eye Specialists receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the excellent, individualized care and customer service. A few isolated incidents involved incorrect glasses prescriptions and obtaining prescriptions, but overall Stroudsburg Eye Specialists comes highly recommended for quality eye care and service.
- The staff is highly praised for their exceptional customer service and personalized care. They take the time to listen to patients, explain procedures, and discuss treatment options, making patients feel valued and well taken care of.
- The eye exams at this center are thorough and comprehensive, ensuring that all concerns and questions are addressed. The doctors are knowledgeable and provide detailed explanations about eye health, creating a sense of confidence among patients.
- The office is willing to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. They have been known to offer alternative lens options and work with insurance companies to rectify any issues. Additionally, they have provided trial lenses at no cost to a non-patient and made accommodations for another patient who showed up on the wrong day.
Eye Associates of Monroe County
208 Main St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
The majority of reviews praise the eye care center’s friendly staff, professionalism, and thorough eye exams. A few criticisms note incorrect prescriptions, poor customer service, and delays in attending to patients. While largely positive, reviews suggest potential customers be aware of sporadic negative experiences.
- Professional and personable staff who take the time to learn about their patients and ensure they are informed about their health.
- Thorough and complete eye exams, with the ability to tune prescriptions beyond expectations.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide a safe and clean environment, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
155 Mountaineer Dr, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
The eye care center receives positive feedback for efficient, enjoyable eye exams performed by skilled doctors. Patients describe the staff as friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Reviewers appreciate the staff’s honesty in selecting glasses and the doctors’ professional, thorough care.
- Quick and pleasurable eye exam with Dr. Diecidue
- Very helpful and knowledgeable staff, especially in assisting with lens selection for glasses
- Thorough and patient doctor who dumbed down explanations for easy understanding
Advanced Eyecare Specialists
2055 PA-611, Swiftwater, PA 18370
The staff receive overwhelmingly positive feedback for their friendly and professional service, thorough eye exams, and expertise in selecting glasses. Patients are pleased with their new glasses and the knowledgeable, caring approach of the doctors and staff. Reviews indicate Advanced Eye Care Specialists provides excellent patient care and is a leading eye care center.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and professional nature of the staff, including Dr. Demko and Dr. Grimm. Patients felt at ease and well taken care of during their visits.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews mentioned the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at the eye care center. Patients appreciated the advanced tests and the detailed explanation of their eye condition, which helped them understand their treatment options better.
- Personalized frame selection: Many reviewers praised the assistance provided by the staff, specifically Amy Todd, in finding the perfect pair of glasses. Patients felt that their needs and preferences were carefully considered, leading to a satisfactory frame selection process.
Pocono Eye Associates, Inc.
300 Plaza Ct STE A, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Patients rave about the knowledgeable and caring doctors at the eye care center, particularly Dr. Negvesky’s expertise with cataract surgeries. The friendly, professional staff also receives high marks. A few customers complained of appointment cancellations without notice and insurance billing difficulties, but most agree Pocono Eye Associates delivers excellent care.
- Highly skilled and caring doctors: Multiple reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center for their expertise, professionalism, and care. They were thorough in their examinations, explained treatments clearly, and put patients at ease.
- Excellent outcomes: Several reviewers mentioned successful cataract surgeries and improved vision after treatment at this eye care center, highlighting the positive results they experienced.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers commended the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to answer questions. They mentioned specific staff members who provided excellent customer service.
Northeastern Eye Institute
174 Harvest Ln, Pocono Summit, PA 18346
The eye care center receives high marks for Dr. Kelly’s attentive care and the staff’s expertise. While most patients rave about their positive experiences, a few express concerns regarding insurance coverage and costs.
- Highly skilled and caring doctors: Reviewers consistently praise Dr. Kelly and the rest of the doctors at the eye care center for their expertise, calm demeanor, and excellent bedside manner.
- Efficient and prompt service: Patients appreciate the fast service and short wait times for appointments, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The entire staff, including technicians, is described as attentive, polite, and well-informed, providing a high level of care and expertise.
Ardmore Eye Care
11 Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, PA 19003
Ardmore Eye Care garners enthusiastic customer reviews for its friendly, professional staff and Dr. Hall’s attentive care. Customers appreciate the clinic’s prompt service and skill in selecting personalized frames. A sole negative review cited pricing concerns and an eye infection post-appointment. Overall, Ardmore is lauded for outstanding service and expertise.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at Ardmore Eye Care is friendly, accommodating, and professional. They make patients feel welcome and comfortable during their visits.
- Thorough Eye Exams: Dr. Hall is praised for his thorough eye exams and his ability to explain the results in simple terms. Patients feel confident in the quality of care they receive and appreciate the level of attention given to their eye health.
- Quick and Efficient Service: Several reviews mention quick and efficient service at Ardmore Eye Care. From fixing broken glasses to replacing lenses, the staff is praised for their promptness in addressing customers' needs.
Blue Valley Vision LLC
71 Bangor Junction Rd, Bangor, PA 18013
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly staff, excellent customer service, quick and satisfactory eye exams, and affordable prices. Some dissatisfaction was expressed regarding insurance issues and delays receiving glasses. However, the majority found the doctors and staff attentive to patient needs.
- Friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly and attentive, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- Reasonable prices and elegant frames: One reviewer specifically mentions that this place sells elegant and beautiful frames for a reasonable price, suggesting that customers can find stylish eyewear without breaking the bank.
- Great customer service: Several reviews highlight the exceptional customer service provided by the staff and the optometrist. They go above and beyond to help patients, listen to their needs, and ensure a positive experience.
834 Main St, Hellertown, PA 18055
Advanced Optics eye care center receives excellent reviews for their professional, trustworthy eye doctors. Patients comment on the thorough examinations, helpful staff, and wide selection of frames. Many loyal customers cite superior service, pleasant experiences, and outstanding support as reasons for returning year after year.
- Trustworthy and professional eye care professionals
- Thorough eye exams and accurate diagnoses
- Wide selection of frames at competitive prices
- Friendly and helpful staff, especially with selecting frames for children
- Prompt and efficient service, including same-day lens cutting and repairs
- Excellent customer service, with a focus on ensuring customer satisfaction and meeting individual needs.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
320 Lincoln Ave Suite 14, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Most reviews for this eye care center praise the friendly staff, reasonable prices, and quick service. Customers describe an overall great experience. However, one customer had an unfortunate interaction with a staff member regarding frame repair. Overall, this eye care center comes recommended for examinations and eyewear.
- Short wait time for appointments, allowing for quick and efficient eye exams.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, who listen to customer concerns and answer questions.
- Reasonable prices and great deals on glasses, making it a cost-effective option for eyewear.
Mt Bethel Eye Care
9 Mount Bethel Plaza, Mt Bethel, PA 18343
Dr. DiMarco provides thorough eye exams at Mt Bethel Eye Care. Patients recommend his expertise and attentive service, though appointments may require more wait time.
- Thorough and in-depth eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. DiMarco provides thorough eye exams, picking up on issues that others may have missed. This indicates a high level of attention to detail and expertise.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently described as friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. This creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Efficient and accommodating service: One review specifically mentions that Dr. DiMarco replaced broken glasses promptly, allowing the patient to leave on time for a cross-country road trip. This suggests that the office provides efficient and accommodating service to meet patients' needs.
Holland Family Eye Care
116 Washington St, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Holland Family Eye Care earns rave reviews for Dr. Holland’s patient and thorough examinations, the knowledgeable and caring staff, and extensive frame options. The office’s accommodating and amiable atmosphere delights patients. However, one reviewer cited poor customer service and appointment challenges. Despite this lone critique, Holland Family Eye Care garners enthusiastic recommendations for meeting eye care needs.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional demeanor of Dr. Holland and his staff, creating a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Reviewers praise Dr. Holland for his thoroughness in helping them obtain the perfect prescription and addressing any eye issues they may have. They also appreciate the doctor's knowledge and ability to explain things in a way that patients can understand.
- Accommodating and helpful service: Several reviews mention the staff going above and beyond to accommodate patients' needs, such as squeezing in an appointment for a child with an eye injury. The staff is also described as kind, helpful, and providing excellent service.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.