Best Eye Doctors In New Castle, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed New Castle Optometrists in New Castle, New Castle, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze New Castle reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in New Castle.
Scott & Christie Eyecare Associates
105 Brandt Dr # 201, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
This eye care center is highly rated for its thorough, professional doctors and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients describe a smooth, efficient appointment process and appreciate the attentive care they receive.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams with friendly and courteous staff.
- Prompt and professional treatment, with each step of the eye exam process explained.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors and staff who take the time to answer questions and address concerns.
Advanced Family Eye Care
400 7th St, Ellwood City, PA 16117
The eye care center provides knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain things, as well as friendly, helpful staff attentive to patient concerns. Patients describe positive experiences in the clean, inviting atmosphere. Many highly recommend this center.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors
- Good selection of frames
Advanced Family Eye Care
214 W New Castle St, Zelienople, PA 16063
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly and knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and assistance with frame selection. They implement safety protocols for patient comfort. One customer mentioned a negative staff interaction, but most reviewers recommend this center for quality eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. This creates a positive and welcoming environment for customers seeking eye care and eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews praise the eye exams at this location, with customers describing them as thorough and comprehensive. This indicates that customers can expect high-quality eye exams to address their specific needs.
- Good selection of quality frames: One review highlights the good selection of quality frames available at the eye care center. This suggests that customers have a variety of options to choose from when selecting new frames, ensuring they can find something they love.
Stirling Eyecare Center
166 Point Plaza, Butler, PA 16001
Stirling Eye Care patients report excellent experiences, noting knowledgeable and professional doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and help choosing glasses. Patients strongly recommend Stirling Eye Care for full-service eye care.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Stirling Eye Care for being professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. They felt well taken care of during their eye exams and appreciated the expertise of the doctors and assistants.
- Efficient and quick service: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their appointments at Stirling Eye Care were quick and efficient. They appreciated being able to get through the eye exam process without any unnecessary delays.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at Stirling Eye Care were friendly, kind, and went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service. They felt comfortable and well-cared for throughout their visits.
Good Looks EyeWear (Scott & Christie)
20215 Rte 19, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough exams, helpful staff, short wait times, and a professional atmosphere. However, some customers expressed concerns about poor staff treatment and insufficient COVID precautions.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Good Looks provided thorough eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive assessment of their vision and overall eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviewers praised the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Good Looks, mentioning that they received good advice, tips, and assistance in finding the right frames. The staff was also patient and understanding in accommodating special circumstances.
- Short wait time and efficient service: Many reviewers highlighted the short wait time and efficient service at Good Looks, with prompt appointment scheduling and minimal waiting upon arrival.
Lawrence County Eye Associates
708 N Jefferson St # 3, New Castle, PA 16101
Lawrence County Eye Associates provides thorough eye exams and excellent service. Patients recommend Dr. Redovan for his attentive and affordable care. Dr. Shober is known for her knowledgeable, professional and compassionate manner. While some patients experienced long waits and prescription issues, most find the staff friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
- Thorough eye examinations
- Staff and doctors are friendly and knowledgeable
- Dr. Redovan is easy to talk to and takes the time to address concerns
Mohawk Eyecare LLC
537 Mt Jackson Rd, New Castle, PA 16102
Mohawk Eyecare provides attentive, knowledgeable service and quality eye care. Patients appreciate the friendly professionals and skilled doctors like Dr. Carver and Dr. Bianco. Many describe their exam experience as thoughtful, efficient, and excellent.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Mohawk Eyecare are thorough and the doctors take their time to listen and explain everything. This suggests that customers can expect a high level of care and attention to their eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and professional staff at Mohawk Eyecare. The staff members are described as friendly, polite, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
Candice J. Macri, OD
1702 W State St, New Castle, PA 16101
Dr. Candice J. Macri receives high marks for her expertise, attentiveness, and care in conducting eye exams. Patients describe a professional yet welcoming office with a knowledgeable support staff. The office offers a wide selection of fashionable and functional eyeglass frames. However, a small number of reviewers cited discourteous service and above-average pricing.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as friendly and knowledgeable, providing a pleasant and professional experience.
- Thorough and personalized eye exams: Dr. Candice Macri is praised for her thorough and detailed eye exams, taking the time to listen to concerns and address individual needs.
- Wide selection of eyeglass frames: The office offers a great selection of eyeglass frames, including designer options, and the staff takes the time to assist in choosing frames that suit the individual's preferences and style.
Berkely Eye Associates, LLC
142 Enclave Dr, New Castle, PA 16105
Berkeley Eye Associates provides thorough eye exams in a clean, welcoming office environment. Patients frequently describe the staff as friendly, helpful, and informative. Dr. Chris Berkley is often mentioned for his expertise during exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and attentive staff who take the time to explain procedures and answer questions.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and the time taken to explain the results and any necessary treatments or options.
- Family-owned and operated: Several reviews mention the family-owned nature of the practice, which creates a warm and caring atmosphere.
1315 6th Ave, Beaver Falls, PA 15010
The eye care center receives positive feedback for the prompt, thorough service of its doctors and staff. Patients commend Dr. Morrow for his expertise and attentive care. Staff member Paris garners praise for her assistance with frames. A couple reviews cite delayed glasses and understaffing as negatives. In general, most reviewers recommend this eye care center.
- Prompt, attentive, and thorough service
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors
- Helpful and patient staff, especially with frame selection and ordering
Laurel Eye Clinic
556 S Erie St, Mercer, PA 16137
This eye care center comes highly recommended for its friendly and professional staff. Dr. Rowland offers thorough, patient care and clear explanations. Many appreciate the staff’s help in selecting affordable glasses. However, one review notes a decline in staff friendliness and increased profit focus over customer care. In general, reviews reflect a positive patient experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being extremely friendly and polite, creating a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and patient eye exams: Dr. Rowland is praised for his thoroughness and taking the time to answer patients' questions, creating a sense of care and attentiveness during the exams.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff, including the lady helping with choosing glasses, is described as knowledgeable and not pushy, providing helpful guidance and explaining options without pressuring patients to make purchases they don't want.
101 Clearview Cir, Butler, PA 16001
difficult to reach by phone, limited men’s frames. Still, most customers report positive, pleasant experiences.
- The doctor and staff are exceptional, providing helpful and thorough care during eye exams.
- The office provides same-day appointments for critical eye problems, avoiding unnecessary trips to the ER.
- The staff takes their time with each patient, ensuring they get what they want and providing assistance with insurance coverage and benefits.
Joseph A. Terravecchia, O.D.
1750 New Butler Rd suite a, New Castle, PA 16101
The eye care center receives high marks for its friendly, helpful staff and thorough, professional eye doctor. Patients report quality care and service, quick visits, and an exceptional experience overall. The center comes highly recommended for adults and children alike, with many considering it the best in the area.
- Thorough and professional care: The eye care center provides thorough and professional care, with patients praising the doctors for their attention to detail and thoroughness during exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, creating a pleasant and comfortable environment for patients.
- Excellent customer service: The center is praised for its excellent customer service, with reviewers mentioning that their questions are answered promptly and the staff goes above and beyond to assist them.
Eye Care on 3rd
903 3rd Ave, New Brighton, PA 15066
This eye care center is loved for its warm and knowledgeable staff. Patients praise the efficient service and comprehensive exams. The eye doctor comes highly recommended as both friendly and professional.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is super friendly and knowledgeable, making patients feel welcomed and comfortable during their visit.
- Efficient and thorough service: Reviewers appreciated the fact that they were quickly accommodated and that their needs were addressed thoroughly during their visit. This suggests that the eye care center provides efficient and comprehensive eye exams.
- Excellent with children: One review specifically highlighted a staff member named Tiffany for being amazing with children and taking the time to explain everything in detail. This could be a great advantage for parents looking for a place that specializes in eye care for children.
Whiting Family Vision Care PC
2055 Mercer-New Wilmington Rd, New Wilmington, PA 16142
Dr. Whiting provided attentive care, even after hours, for a patient with an ocular injury. Patients describe Dr. Whiting as friendly and patient. This eye care center offers quality service, personable staff, and a wide selection of frames with quick turnaround.
- Excellent after-hours care: Dr. Whiting went above and beyond by providing care for a patient with a work injury, even coming in after hours.
- Friendly and patient service: Dr. Whiting's approachable demeanor and patience were appreciated, especially for a patient with hard-to-fit lenses.
- Great selection of frames and fast service: The eye care center offers a wide range of frames and provides a quick turnaround time, making it convenient for customers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.