Best Eye Doctors In Monaca, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Monaca Optometrists in Monaca, Monaca, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Monaca reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Monaca.
Scott & Christie Eyecare Associates
105 Brandt Dr # 201, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Patients appreciate the thorough and friendly eye exams, professional and knowledgeable doctors, efficient processes, and helpful staff at this highly reviewed eye care center. Some reviewers specifically mentioned their trusted doctors by name.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and detailed, with the doctors taking the time to explain everything in detail. This indicates that patients can expect comprehensive care for their eyes.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently described as friendly, helpful, and courteous. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming environment and feel well taken care of throughout their visit.
- Efficient and organized process: Several reviews highlight the smooth and organized nature of appointments at this eye care center. Patients mention that every step of the process is well-organized, minimizing any fears or concerns. The timely and efficient care received indicates a well-managed practice.
Dittman Eyecare – Cranberry Township
20808 Rte 19, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Dittman Eyecare in Cranberry Township receives excellent reviews for their friendly, professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, and assistance choosing eyewear. Customers recommend this vision center for quality care.
- Timely, friendly, and professional service: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Dittman Eyecare in Cranberry provide excellent customer service, being timely, friendly yet professional in their interactions with patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams provided by the optometrists at Dittman Eyecare. They mention that the eye doctors take the time to explain the results and answer any questions, ensuring that patients have a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Helpful and patient staff: Many reviews highlight the helpfulness and patience of the staff at Dittman Eyecare. Whether it's assisting with picking out glasses, explaining insurance options, or providing information on products and services, the staff is commended for their knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile to help patients.
Premier Eyecare of Cranberry
6501 Mars Rd, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
The majority of reviews for the eye care center are positive, highlighting friendly staff, comprehensive exams, advanced technology, and assistive frame options. However, some express frustration with billing and insurance procedures. In general patients are satisfied with care but note issues with administrative processes.
- Knowledgeable and friendly optometrists: Patients praised the optometrists at this eye care center for their exceptional care, knowledge, and friendly demeanor during eye exams.
- State-of-the-art equipment and thorough exams: Many reviewers appreciated the use of state-of-the-art equipment and the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at this location, which allowed for a comprehensive assessment of their eye health.
- Helpful and friendly staff: The staff members at this eye care center were described as welcoming, knowledgeable, and helpful, providing a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
Family Vision Care – Baden
400 State St, Baden, PA 15005
Most customers commend the eye care center’s friendly staff, comprehensive eye exams, and aid with eyewear selection. One reviewer cites unexpected fees and co-pays. Still, customers appreciate the flexible appointments, skilled optometrists, and top-notch service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate the pleasant experience and the assistance they receive in picking out glasses or contacts.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams conducted at this center are thorough and that the results are explained in detail. Patients appreciate the use of modern equipment and the expertise of the optometrists.
- Accommodating and compassionate: Patients appreciate the accommodating nature of the staff, such as offering same-day appointments and taking the time to listen to their concerns and preferences. The compassionate approach of the optometrists towards special needs patients and their willingness to address emergency situations is also mentioned positively in the reviews.
Family Vision Care Cranberry
4 Robinhood Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
The eye care center is lauded for its cordial, knowledgeable staff, comprehensive exams, and caring, professional doctors. Numerous patients relayed enjoyable visits and attentive care from employees and physicians alike. The welcoming office staff earned recognition for their prompt, insured assistance. In sum, patients recommend this center for its excellent eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff and doctors who provide a pleasant experience.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams that address specific concerns and provide helpful recommendations.
- Prompt and caring service, including accommodating last-minute appointments and handling emergencies.
1315 6th Ave, Beaver Falls, PA 15010
The eye care center provides attentive service and knowledgeable help selecting frames, though some customers experienced issues with staff availability and repair delays.
- Prompt, attentive, and thorough service from Dr. Morrow and the staff.
- Friendly and helpful staff, especially Paris, who takes the time to ensure glasses are adjusted perfectly.
Sewickley Eye Group
95 Golfview Dr A, Monaca, PA 15061
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and quality care. However, some customers experienced less helpful staff, limited frame options, and long wait times. In general, they are reputable for personalized service despite inconsistencies.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough and informative eye exams
- Quick and efficient service
Dr. Scott G. Smith
2116 Sheffield Rd, Aliquippa, PA 15001
Patients appreciate Dr. Smith’s thorough exams, friendly manner, and time spent answering questions at his eye care center. They commend the staff’s caring, helpful attitude, short wait times, and ability to fix eyeglasses. Although the office decor may not impress some, Dr. Smith provides quality care in a positive environment.
- Experienced and thorough eye doctor: Dr. Smith is highly recommended for his thorough eye exams, answering all questions, and spending ample time with patients. He provides personal and caring experiences and ensures patients feel cared for.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The front desk staff and the entire team at the eye care center are described as friendly, helpful, and treating patients like family. They are accommodating with scheduling and travel schedules, and always provide a warm and welcoming environment.
Eye Care on 3rd
903 3rd Ave, New Brighton, PA 15066
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its welcoming atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, and efficient service. Patients describe Dr. Sturm as friendly yet professional. Staff member Tiffany draws special recognition for explaining procedures thoroughly, especially to children. This practice comes highly recommended overall.
- Welcoming and friendly staff: The office is known for providing a warm and inviting atmosphere, with staff that is friendly and knowledgeable.
- Efficient and thorough service: Patients appreciate that they were able to get in quickly and that their needs were addressed in a comprehensive manner during their visit.
- Great with children: Tiffany, one of the staff members, is highly praised for her excellent care and ability to work well with children.
Dr. Robert V Serych Jr & Associates
3433 Brodhead Road Suite One, Monaca, PA 15061
Dr. Serych provides quality eye care with kindness and patience. He carefully explains eye health to patients and ensures their comfort. Patients recommend his professional, caring service.
- Dr. Serych is a kind and caring doctor who takes the time to explain details and make patients feel comfortable.
- The staff at this eye care center is friendly, helpful, and accommodating, including going above and beyond to provide assistance in emergency situations.
- Dr. Serych is experienced and has a good reputation, making him a reliable choice for eye care needs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.