Best Eye Doctors In Mechanicsburg, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mechanicsburg Optometrists in Mechanicsburg, Mechanicsburg, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mechanicsburg reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mechanicsburg.
76 S 32nd St, Camp Hill, PA 17011
The eye care center in Camp Hill receives mostly positive feedback for its professional, friendly, and knowledgeable doctors and staff. Patients report smooth eye exams and efficient frame selections. A few reviews cited insurance calculation issues and long waits. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this center’s excellent service and skilled employees.
- Experienced and professional optometrist: Dr. Thomas receives high praise for her expertise and ability to provide accurate prescriptions every time.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The entire staff at this eye care center is commended for their friendliness and willingness to go out of their way to assist customers.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mention that their eye exams went smoothly and that they felt their questions and concerns were addressed by the optometrist and staff.
5012 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Patients are largely satisfied with the eye doctors and staff at this eye care center. Dr. Shehan earns praise for his thorough, kind, and caring approach. Though the front desk and billing draw some complaints, reviewers recommend this center overall for its pleasant, informative eye exams suited to children and seniors.
- The eye doctors at this location, particularly Dr. Shehan and Dr. Sheehan, are highly recommended for their kindness, thoroughness, and ability to make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams. They take the time to answer questions and address concerns.
- The staff at this eye care center, including the front desk, nurses, and opticians, are friendly, professional, and respectful towards patients of all ages. They provide attentive and caring service, creating a pleasant and positive experience.
- The eye exams conducted at this center are detailed and thorough, ensuring comprehensive care. The staff adheres to Covid-19 safety recommendations, making it a safe environment for patients. The glasses and frames selection is also commendable, and patients appreciate the prompt delivery of glasses orders.
Premier Eye Care Group
3903 Hartzdale Dr, Camp Hill, PA 17011
Premiere Eye Care is lauded for their knowledgeable and friendly staff, thorough eye exams, and convenient on-site optical shop. However, some customers cite disorganization during the pandemic, prescription issues, and an unpleasant encounter with one doctor. Still, most recommend the practice for its professional and efficient service.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff
- Thorough and efficient eye exams
- On-site optical shop with a variety of glasses options
Dailey Harvey Eye Associates
1857 Center St, Camp Hill, PA 17011
Patients largely recommend Dailey Harvey Eye Associates for professional staff, comprehensive exams, and knowledgeable doctors. A few criticisms included billing issues and an incorrect prescription, though most reviews were positive regarding the quality of service and care.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the courtesy and professionalism of the staff at Dailey Harvey Eye Associates. Patients felt welcomed and appreciated.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews praised the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by Dr. Holt and Dr. Dailey. Patients felt confident in the accuracy of their prescriptions and the overall quality of their eye care.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers mentioned the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff at Dailey Harvey Eye Associates. Patients appreciated the attention given to their questions and concerns, making them feel comfortable and well-cared for throughout their visit.
Morrison Eye Associates
11 Tristan Dr, Dillsburg, PA 17019
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its new equipment, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and thorough eye exams. One dissatisfied patient cited issues with doctor communication about costs and staff mistakes.
- Up-to-date equipment: The eye care center has new and advanced equipment for eye exams, providing patients with a modern and efficient experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly, patient, and attentive, making patients feel comfortable and supported during their visit.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the doctors' willingness to listen and address their concerns. The doctors also provide clear explanations and recommendations for further treatment or prescriptions.
4900 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Hampden Optical provides personalized service and thorough eye exams. Customers appreciate attentive staff and an extensive selection of frames. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with one billing issue that the owner promptly resolved.
- Personalized experience: The staff at Hampden Optical takes the time to listen and understand the patient's needs and wants, resulting in comfortable glasses and appropriate lenses for computer work.
- Excellent customer service: The service received at Hampden Optical is described as amazing, with staff walking patients through the eye exam process and offering additional options to make the experience easier. The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, providing a pleasant atmosphere.
- Wide selection of frames: Hampden Optical offers a large selection of frames, including fashionable and chic options. They take the time to help patients find the right frames, ensuring a proper fit and customization.
Schein Ernst Mishra Eye – Lemoyne Office
717 Market St, Lemoyne, PA 17043
The initial review details dissatisfaction with ill-fitting contact lenses and unresponsiveness. The next applauds the amiable staff, attentive optometrists, and relaxing atmosphere. Further appraisals speak highly of the office’s proficiency, expedience, meticulousness, and compassionate manner. Certain testimonials name particular optometrists and advocate for the practice.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, courteous, and professional. They listen attentively to patients' needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Experienced and caring doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors at this location for being thorough, knowledgeable, and caring. They take the time to explain procedures and answer any questions patients may have, making them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Efficient and organized: Several reviewers mentioned that appointments at this eye care center are on time, with little to no wait time. The staff is also described as being efficient and well-organized.
- High-quality care and treatment: Patients appreciate the expertise of the doctors at this location, mentioning that they have received excellent care for a variety of eye conditions and concerns.
- Excellent communication and follow-up: Many reviewers commented on the great communication from the staff, including returning calls promptly and keeping patients informed about the status of their glasses or contacts.
- Overall positive experience: Several reviewers stated that this eye care center is their go-to place for eye exams, with some mentioning that they followed their preferred doctor from a previous location. They highly recommend this center for anyone in need of eye care.
Central PA Eye & Ear
620 N 3rd St, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Dr. Kardos provides quality eye care at Central PA Eyes and Ears. Patients remark on his expertise, thoughtful explanations, and attentive manner. The accommodating staff and central Harrisburg location also draw praise. However, some found the glasses expensive and were unclear on frame coverage.
- Dr. Kardos is knowledgeable and thorough in his eye exams, addressing existing issues and concerns, discussing family history, and providing options for future care.
- The staff, including the receptionist, assistants, and Cindy, are kind, helpful, and provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- The office offers convenient Saturday appointments, making it easier for patients with busy schedules to find time for eye care.
2005 Technology Pkwy #230, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Dr. Kakaria is highly regarded for his thorough eye exams and caring approach. Patients compliment his ability to communicate effectively, including with those who have hearing difficulties. He draws acclaim for improving vision through successful cataract surgeries. His helpful, professional staff also receive positive feedback. In summary, Dr. Kakaria comes very recommended for complete eye care.
- Highly recommended: Multiple reviews highlight the high level of satisfaction with Dr. Kakaria and his staff, recommending him for thorough eye exams and eye care.
- Skilled and knowledgeable: Dr. Kakaria is praised for his expertise, professionalism, and competence in performing eye surgeries, such as cataract surgery.
- Compassionate and attentive: Several reviews mention Dr. Kakaria's excellent bedside manner, warmth, and willingness to spend time with patients, ensuring they feel comfortable and understood.
Mechanicsburg Eye Associates
100 N Walnut St, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
This eye care center receives largely positive reviews. Patients describe the staff as friendly, kind, and knowledgeable. Exams are thorough. Frame selection is ample. A couple reviews cited billing issues and long waits for glasses, though most patients had positive experiences and enthusiastically recommend this facility.
- Kind and friendly staff, including helpful assistance with frame selection.
- Thorough eye exams with knowledgeable doctors.
- Extensive frame selection and use of new technology for exams.
A Child’s Eyes
4705 E Trindle Rd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
This eye care center comes highly recommended for children’s eye exams and glasses. Parents report the knowledgeable, friendly staff makes visits enjoyable for kids. With a great selection of glasses and skill fitting young children, the personalized care and cute touches give this place an edge.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who are great with children: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are knowledgeable, friendly, and work well with children. They make the experience painless and enjoyable for both the kids and their parents.
- Great variety and selection for kids: Customers appreciate the wide variety of glasses available for children at this place. They have a selection that caters to infants as well as older children, ensuring a perfect fit for every age.
- Personalized and quick service: Reviewers highlight the personalized care and attention that they received at this eye care center. Staff members take the time to discuss options, adjust glasses on-site, and ensure a proper fit. Customers also mention that service is quick, with glasses being fitted in minutes or arriving within a week.
Smith & Saracino
3100 Gettysburg Rd, Camp Hill, PA 17011
The eye care center is lauded for attentive doctors who take time to explain procedures. Patients appreciate the professional, personal care from knowledgeable staff in clean, well-equipped facilities with ample frame options. Satisfied customers highly recommend this center.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers for eye exams and eye care.
- Doctors and staff are professional, caring, and provide great personal attention to patients.
- Clean and bright facilities with a large selection of frames.
West Eye Associates, LLP
555 Gettysburg Pike Suite C-200, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its professional and kind staff, especially Dr. Oszustowicz. Patients feel valued from thorough appointments to personalized follow-ups. Knowledgeable staff give tailored recommendations on eyewear. Reviews recommend this welcoming center for quality appointments.
- Kindness and professionalism: The staff is described as friendly and kind, providing a warm and welcoming environment for patients.
- Attention to detail: The eye care center pays attention to individual needs and preferences, taking the time to customize prescriptions and guide patients towards glasses that meet their specific requirements.
- Quick appointments and friendly atmosphere: The center is praised for accommodating urgent eye matters and creating a clean, modern, and calm atmosphere for patients.
Hosey Mary Ann B OD
2015 Technology Pkwy #103, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Customers report satisfactory experiences with the optometrist at this eye care office, describing attentive care and knowledgeable recommendations. While some customers mentioned long wait times, most found the overall service quality high.
- Skilled and knowledgeable eye doctor - Customers praised the eye doctor at this location, indicating that they are highly skilled and knowledgeable in their field. This suggests that you can expect quality eye care and thorough eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff - Reviewers also mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and helpful. This is particularly important when seeking eye care, as it can make the experience more comfortable and pleasant for customers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.