Best Eye Doctors In Levittown, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Levittown Optometrists in Levittown, Levittown, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Levittown reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Levittown.
Total Eye Care & Cosmetic Laser Centers
1568 Woodbourne Rd, Levittown, PA 19057
Total Eye Care Centers receives high marks for its knowledgeable, friendly doctors and staff. Patients compliment Drs. Judith Lavrich and Christina Benn for providing personalized care. The practice is praised for routine exams, specialty services, and treatment of conditions like cataracts and retinal disorders.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Total Eye Care Centers are helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. This creates a positive atmosphere for patients seeking eye exams or specialty care.
- Specialized doctors: Reviewers praise the doctors at Total Eye Care Centers for their expertise and specialization in various eye-related issues, such as cataracts, glaucoma, retinal issues, and pediatric eye care. This indicates that patients can expect high-quality care from experienced professionals.
- Note: It's important to keep in mind that these pros are based solely on the provided reviews and may not reflect the overall experience at Total Eye Care Centers.
2300 Lincoln Hwy Ofc 220A Ste 281, Langhorne, PA 19047
This eye care center provides a convenient one-stop shop for eye exams and glasses. Customers appreciate the knowledgeable Dr. James Fosbenner’s efficient exams. The friendly staff assists with frames and insurance, earning high marks for customer service. Patients strongly recommend this center for thorough eye care and quality eyewear.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, making the overall experience positive.
- Efficient eye exams and quick service: Customers mention that the eye exams are thorough, efficient, and clearly explained. The store also offers quick turnaround times for glasses, with most glasses either completed in an hour or sent to the central lab and returned within a week.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers highlight the exceptional customer service at this location. The staff goes above and beyond to assist customers with frame selection, insurance issues, and answering questions. Additionally, the store exhibits dedication to customer service and satisfaction.
Pearle Vision Eye Exams
2340 Lincoln Hwy, Langhorne, PA 19047
The eye care center receives high marks for the expertise and attentiveness of its doctors and the friendliness of its staff. Patients report that the doctors conduct comprehensive exams, clearly explain results, and patiently answer all questions.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and patient, providing excellent customer service throughout the eye care experience.
- The optometrists are knowledgeable, professional, and thorough in their examinations, taking the time to explain the results and answer any questions or concerns.
Yardley Eye Care
1581 Big Oak Rd, Yardley, PA 19067
Yardley Eye Care patients appreciate the friendly staff, thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors using modern equipment. The optical staff helps find the right glasses, though some note expensive upgrades. Overall, Yardley offers a clean, welcoming facility that reviewers recommend for quality eye care.
- Friendly and efficient staff who provide professional and comprehensive eye exams.
- Modern, clean, and well-equipped facility with state-of-the-art equipment for thorough examinations.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff in the optical department for selecting glasses.
- Doctors (Dr. Cohen, Dr. Nicholson, Dr. Morris) and staff take the time to address concerns and answer questions, making patients feel informed and comfortable during the exam process.
Ophthalmology Physicians & Surgeons, PC
1609 Woodbourne Rd Ste 303, Levittown, PA 19057
The eye care center receives positive feedback on the comprehensive nature of eye exams and professionalism of the doctors. Multiple patients cite positive experiences with Dr. Peet. However, some express frustration with last-minute appointment cancellations. The staff garners consistent appreciation for their friendliness and helpfulness.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye examinations
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors who take the time to answer questions
Jon Peet, MD
1609 Woodbourne Rd Ste 303, Levittown, PA 19057
Dr. Peet provides attentive, personalized eye care. His thorough explanations and willingness to answer questions enable patients to feel informed and confident about their vision health. His friendly, professional staff are praised for their efficiency, knowledge, and compassion. Patients find the overall experience to be pleasant, reassuring and attentive to their needs.
- Dr. Peet and his staff are professional, thorough, and take the time to explain and answer all questions.
- The staff is friendly, efficient, and the check-in process is fast with no waiting time.
- Patients appreciate that Dr. Peet is knowledgeable, caring, and takes the time to address their concerns and provide clear explanations.
Margolies Family Eye Care
29 Stonybrook Dr, Levittown, PA 19055
Margolies Family Eye Care receives glowing reviews for Dr. Margolies’ expertise and attentive staff. Patients describe a welcoming office with a tidy waiting room and diverse eyewear selection. Many appreciate the personalized care and happily refer loved ones. This clinic comes highly recommended for thorough eye exams and outstanding service.
- Extensive eye exams: The eye care center is praised for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that patients receive high-quality care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff, from the front desk to the optometrist. The staff is described as professional, caring, and attentive, providing a positive experience for patients.
- Wide selection of frames: The eye care center offers a diverse range of glasses frames, making it easier for patients to find the perfect fit and style.
Advanced Eyecare Center (Dr. Peter Anderson)
71 Crabtree Dr, Levittown, PA 19055
Customers recommend Advanced Eye Care Center and Dr. Anderson for his professionalism, expertise, and thorough eye exams. They appreciate his clear explanations and attention to vision concerns. The office is conveniently located with ample parking. Dr. Anderson’s wife Monica draws praise for her insurance knowledge and helpfulness. One customer, though, complains he refused to provide a full prescription when they wouldn’t purchase glasses there. Overall, most customers report positive experiences.
- Dr. Anderson is friendly, professional, and takes the time to explain the results of the eye exam and address your vision concerns.
- The office has a great collection of frames and lens options at reasonable prices, and the staff doesn't rush you in making your selection.
- The clinic is located in a peaceful residential area with no crowded parking, providing a convenient and stress-free experience.
Raval Eye Care Associates
2331 Lincoln Hwy, Langhorne, PA 19047
Customers praised the friendly staff and knowledgeable, attentive doctors who conducted thorough exams at this professional yet personal eye care center. The clean, well-maintained office made for a great patient experience. Many strongly recommended it for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and helpful, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Professional and personalized care: Patients appreciate the professional and personalized care they receive at this eye care center. The doctors take the time to explain exam results and answer questions, ensuring a thorough and informative experience.
- Immaculate and well-equipped facility: The reviews consistently highlight the cleanliness and modernity of the eye care center. From the exam rooms to the showroom, patients are impressed with the well-maintained facility and state-of-the-art equipment.
Tri-Century Eye Care Bristol Office
216 Mill St, Bristol, PA 19007
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly, kind staff and excellent service. Patients value the doctors’ thorough explanations of procedures and attention to addressing concerns. Overall, patients describe a positive, welcoming experience.
- The staff at Century Eye Care takes customer feedback seriously and works to improve their office communication and management.
- The doctors and staff at Century Eye Care provide friendly, kind, and accommodating treatment, making patients feel comfortable and relaxed.
- The office is located in a cool area with plenty of parking options, surrounded by great small businesses, shops, and restaurants.
Design For Vision
1329 E Lincoln Hwy, Levittown, PA 19056
The eye care center was well-reviewed for its attentive optometrists and thorough exams. Patients complimented Drs. Forest and Palmieri as personable, professional, and dedicated. Both the friendly staff and impressive eyewear selection earned positive remarks, with one patient considering a new pair given the quality options.
- Highly recommended optometrists: The reviews mention that Dr. Forest and Dr. Palmieri are knowledgeable, professional, and provide comprehensive eye exams. They are praised for their attentiveness and going above and beyond for their patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, patient, and willing to assist. They are commended for providing excellent customer service and making patients feel welcome.
- Good selection of frames: Reviewers mention that the eye care center has a great selection of frames available, with one reviewer even contemplating purchasing a pair despite not needing glasses. The frames are described as high-quality, and one reviewer specifically mentions a staff member named Roni as being patient and helpful during the frame selection process.
Glasses & More
521 S Oxford Valley Rd, Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Glasses and More receives acclaim for attentive service, affordable pricing, and prompt order fulfillment. Staff members Missy and Kathy impress customers with their congenial and professional expertise. Going the extra mile, this eye care center offers speedy repairs, rush orders, and flexible adjustments.
- Unbelievable customer service: The eye care center is known for its exceptional customer service, with reviewers praising the friendly and helpful staff.
- Fast and efficient service: Many reviewers mentioned that they received fast and efficient service, including same-day eye exams and speedy delivery of glasses.
- Affordable and high-quality glasses: Reviewers appreciated the affordable prices and high-quality frames and lenses available at the eye care center.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.