Best Eye Doctors In Homestead, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Homestead Optometrists in Homestead, Homestead, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Homestead reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Homestead.
2242 Murray Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Customers had favorable experiences with the eye care center, mentioning the welcoming and well-informed staff, comprehensive eye exams, and help choosing eyewear. However, some customers experienced delayed product delivery and incorrect prescriptions. In general, most customers recommended the center for its attentive eye care services and extensive frame options.
- The staff and doctors are extremely nice, helpful, and thorough during eye exams.
- They have a wide selection of stylish frames and are patient in helping customers find the perfect fit.
- The optometrists are knowledgeable, friendly, and take the time to explain concepts and findings during eye exams.
Eyes on Regent Square
1201 S Braddock Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15218
Most reviews of this eye care center commend the welcoming staff, skilled optometrists, broad eyewear selection, and prompt service. A few mention diagnostic errors and billing/refund challenges. Still, the prevailing sentiment remains positive, with most recommending this provider.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service and address all needs and concerns.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors who take the time to explain things, listen to patients, and provide accurate prescriptions for glasses and contacts.
- Huge selection of eyewear available for those looking for stylish options.
Pittsburgh Primary Eyecare
2026 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for attentive service, comprehensive exams, and knowledgeable staff. Patients commend individual doctors like Bressler, Tolomei and Tay for exceptional care. A few criticisms note insurance issues and expired samples, but overall the practice is recommended.
- Friendly and efficient staff - The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, pleasant, and efficient. They provide a great customer experience and prioritize the comfort and satisfaction of their patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors - The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their thoroughness and knowledge during eye exams. They take the time to answer questions and address any concerns, ensuring a comprehensive and informative experience.
- Wide variety of glasses and helpful opticians - The eye care center offers a great selection of frames and has helpful opticians who assist patients in choosing the best options for their needs. They provide guidance and support throughout the process of selecting glasses.
3701 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Eyetique Oakland receives mostly positive reviews for its convenient online scheduling, kind and efficient staff, and Dr. Bell’s professionalism. Customers also appreciate the staff’s frame-selection assistance and customer service. However, one negative review cites poor customer service, long waits, and order delays. Overall, reviewers find Eyetique Oakland provides a great experience with courteous, knowledgeable staff.
- Easy online scheduling for eye exams.
- Staff and doctors are kind, efficient, and prioritize eye health over pushing sales.
- Helpful staff in selecting frames and ensuring a satisfactory experience.
MS Vision Care
360 E Waterfront Dr, Homestead, PA 15120
The eye care center was praised for their knowledgeable and kind staff, thorough eye exams, and excellent customer service. Patients appreciated the doctors’ professionalism, patience, and ability to clearly explain complex information. Customers highly recommended the exceptional care and service.
- The staff and doctors at this eye care center are kind, patient, and knowledgeable, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- The eye exams provided at this location are thorough and detailed, with doctors taking the time to explain various aspects of vision health and provide helpful recommendations for lenses or contacts.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for patients. Patients appreciate the professionalism and competence of both the optometrists and the front desk staff.
Pittsburgh Eye Associates
3414 Main St, Munhall, PA 15120
The eye care center is well reviewed for comprehensive, individualized eye exams. Patients report satisfied experiences with the professional, amicable staff and prompt service. Physicians are commended for their clinical skills and patient communication.
- Knowledgeable doctors and staff: The eye care center is praised for having knowledgeable doctors and staff who provide thorough eye examinations and personalized attention. Patients appreciate their expertise and feel confident in their care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Numerous reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at the eye care center. Patients feel welcomed and at ease during their visits, and the front office girls are praised for being personable and helpful.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention that the eye exams were quick and efficient, with one patient mentioning being in and out in just 15 minutes. This highlights the center's ability to provide prompt and convenient care for busy individuals.
2615 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Neovision offers excellent eye care and cosmetic treatments with a kind, professional, and attentive staff. While mostly recommended, be aware that some patients experienced prescription or scheduling issues.
- Dr. Gipson and his staff are kind, professional, and provide a thorough explanation of procedures.
- The office has a wide selection of eyeglass frames and offers Botox treatments.
- The staff at Neovision is friendly, welcoming, and efficient in delivering eye exams and making patients feel comfortable.
360 E Waterfront Dr, Homestead, PA 15120
The eye care center was praised for thorough eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors. Patients appreciated the helpful, friendly staff and frame selections. However, some patients expressed frustration with long glasses delivery delays.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews praised the eye care center's staff, including the eyewear professionals and doctors, for being knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. They were commended for their willingness to answer questions and explain the exam process.
- Comprehensive and thorough exams: Several reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this location were comprehensive and thorough. Patients felt well taken care of and satisfied with their prescriptions for contact lenses and eyeglasses. The doctors were also praised for their ability to listen and understand patients' visual challenges.
- Great customer service: The eye care center received positive feedback for its customer service. The staff was described as helpful, patient, and accommodating. They were commended for their professionalism and their ability to make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
Shadyside Eye Associates
5730 Ellsworth Ave #4, Pittsburgh, PA 15232
The eye care center received high acclaim for their caring, attentive service. Patients commended the friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Telega, and thorough exams. Dr. Telega was praised for addressing patients’ concerns. A few negative reviews cited poor communication and dismissive service from some staff. Overall, customers rated the center highly for eye care, service, and fashionable eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel cared for and comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctor: Dr. Telega is praised for her thoroughness and expertise in eye care. She takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and explains procedures in detail, providing a comprehensive understanding of their eye health.
- Excellent selection of eyewear: The eye care center offers a great selection of glasses and has staff, like Janine, who are described as having excellent taste and providing helpful recommendations for finding the perfect style and fit.
Dr. Vasiliki (Viki) Christopoulos, MD-Eyepolis
3136 Main St, Munhall, PA 15120
Eyepolis was praised for thorough eye exams and knowledgeable help selecting eyewear. Some patients did report rude staff, unnecessary testing, and appointment challenges. However, most reviewers recommended Eyepolis for their professional, friendly service.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff and doctors at Eyepolis for their expertise and thoroughness. They were impressed with the time the staff took to help them pick out glasses and the professionalism displayed during the eye exams.
- Compassionate and caring service: Several reviewers mentioned the compassion and care they received from the doctors, particularly in cases where they had special medical conditions or injuries. Reviewers appreciated the personalized attention and empathy shown by the staff, making them feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Efficient and convenient: Some reviewers mentioned the efficiency and convenience of the eye care center. They appreciated the short wait times for appointments and the helpfulness of the office staff. Additionally, the use of advanced technology, such as eye scans instead of pupil dilation, was seen as a positive aspect of their experience.
iRefract Optometry of Homestead
501 W Waterfront Dr, Homestead, PA 15120
Customers recommend Dr. Sallit and staff for their professional, knowledgeable, and friendly service. They appreciate the thorough eye exams, explanations of results, and help with prescriptions and insurance. Overall, customers report positive experiences at this highly recommended eye care center.
- Quick and comfortable eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this facility were quick and relatively painless, making it a comfortable experience for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews highlighted the friendly and knowledgeable nature of the staff, including the eye doctor. They were praised for their professionalism, patience, and willingness to explain things clearly to patients.
- Excellent service and customer support: Reviewers appreciated the overall level of service provided by the eye care center, including quick appointment scheduling, accommodating and patient-friendly approach, and helpful assistance in choosing frames and resolving insurance issues.
Edward Ross OD
1821 Murray Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Dr. Ross provides efficient, friendly service at his eye care center. Patients appreciate the doctor’s care, wide selection of frames, and easy appointment scheduling. Many long-time patients highly recommend this practice.
- Quick and efficient eye exams with no hassle contacts pick up.
- Excellent availability with easy scheduling and a great frame selection.
- Dr. Ross and his staff are experienced, friendly, and provide a professional and efficient experience overall.
Vision Development Institute, PC
1789 S Braddock Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15218
Vision Development Institute patients praise Dr. Lessmann’s expertise treating headaches, neck pain, anxiety, light sensitivity, and more. His light therapy program boosts energy, concentration, and craving control. Patients strongly recommend appointments here for all vision issues.
- Dr. Lessmann and the staff at Vision Development Institute have helped many patients overcome various vision-related issues, including headaches, neck pain, and light sensitivity, greatly improving their quality of life.
- The Vision Development Institute is recommended for their expertise in treating binocular vision issues, such as strabismus and amblyopia, and has successfully transformed the lives of many children by improving their visual abilities and confidence.
- Dr. Lessmann offers light therapy treatment that has proven to be effective in improving vision-related symptoms, such as contact irritation, eye strain, and difficulty reading small script, along with providing better sleep, mental focus, and concentration.
Eye Care For You: Dr. Roberta Horwitz, O.D.
416 Hastings St, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Dr. Horowitz provides attentive customer service and expert eye care, according to most reviews. Her friendly staff and welcoming office facilitate thorough exams and proper treatment. The expansive frame selection also draws raves. However, one customer cited discriminatory treatment and rudeness by the owner.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, making patients feel valued and well taken care of. Patients appreciate clear updates on insurance, exams, and how to care for their glasses.
- Expert and thorough exams: Patients appreciate the expertise and thoroughness of Dr. Horowitz's eye exams. She takes the time to compare past prescriptions, explain the field of vision, and uses diagnostic tools to ensure overall optic health. Patients feel confident in the care they receive.
- Extensive selection of eyeglass frames: The office is newly renovated and showcases an extensive selection of eyeglass frames. Patients mention receiving assistance from the entire office staff in choosing frames that suit their face, even steering them out of their comfort zone. The selection process is helpful and personalized.
Soisson Eye Care, LLC
5533 Walnut St, Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Dr. Soisson comes highly recommended for her kindness, efficiency, and thoroughness during exams and contact fittings. Patients appreciate her professional yet caring approach, noting she makes them feel comfortable, answers questions thoroughly, and explains results clearly. Her helpfulness adjusting prescriptions also earns praise. Overall, reviewers describe an excellent, patient-focused eye care experience with Dr. Soisson.
- Dr. Soisson is highly recommended for eye exams and vision care. She is described as kind, efficient, thorough, knowledgeable, and friendly.
- Patients feel comfortable and less rushed during their exams with Dr. Soisson compared to other doctors. They appreciate her ability to explain results clearly and her willingness to answer questions and address concerns.
- Dr. Soisson is praised for her professionalism, trustworthiness, and overall excellent practice. Patients appreciate her dedication to providing the best care possible and her willingness to go above and beyond, such as helping with DMV forms and making adjustments to prescriptions for optimal vision.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.