Best Eye Doctors In Hermitage, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hermitage Optometrists in Hermitage, Hermitage, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hermitage reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hermitage.
1049 N Hermitage Rd, Hermitage, PA 16148
The first review raises concerns about potentially unnecessary procedures recommended for revenue rather than need. The second shares appreciation for the friendly staff and clean office, but notes high prices. The third describes issues with appointment scheduling and communication.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and putting patients at ease. This is particularly valuable for individuals with anxiety or apprehension about dental visits.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the fast and efficient service provided by the eye care center. Patients appreciate being able to get in and out quickly without any issues.
- Affordable pricing: One review mentions the eye care center having the best prices around, and another review mentions receiving a refund as the procedure went easier than expected. Affordable pricing is a pro for those seeking eye care and exams.
Lawrence County Eye Associates
708 N Jefferson St # 3, New Castle, PA 16101
Lawrence County Eye Associates provides thorough eye exams and excellent service, with Drs. Redovan and Shober receiving high recommendations. Dr. Redovan is noted for his attentive and affordable care. Dr. Shober’s professional and knowledgeable expertise comes with improved office wait times. However, some patients report long waits, incorrect prescriptions, and rude staff.
- Thorough and professional eye examinations: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Lawrence County Eye Associates are thorough and comprehensive, indicating that customers feel confident in the quality of care they receive.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Lawrence County Eye Associates, highlighting the positive and welcoming atmosphere of the clinic.
- Attention to individual needs: Several reviews commend specific doctors at the center for their personalized approach and willingness to address patient concerns. These reviews indicate that patients feel heard and valued during their visits.
Mohawk Eyecare LLC
537 Mt Jackson Rd, New Castle, PA 16102
Mohawk Eyecare patients report thorough and efficient eye exams performed by friendly, professional staff attentive to their needs. Patients feel they receive personalized care and attention, making this a highly recommended eye care center.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Mohawk Eyecare are thorough and comprehensive, ensuring that all concerns are addressed and giving patients peace of mind.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and professional nature of the staff at Mohawk Eyecare, making patients feel comfortable and cared for throughout their visit.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: The doctors at Mohawk Eyecare are described as knowledgeable, attentive, and willing to go the extra mile to meet the individual needs of each patient. Their expertise and personalized care are highly appreciated by the reviewers.
Dittman Eyecare – Grove City
808 W Main St, Grove City, PA 16127
Dittman Eyecare’s Grove City office draws consistent praise for exceptional, professional service. Customers appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable staff of technicians, opticians and optometrists. Thorough eye exams come with attentive doctors. A wide selection of eyeglasses and contacts comes with helpful guidance. The clean, welcoming office garners recommendations for all eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Dittman Eyecare, including the technicians, opticians, and doctors, are friendly, professional, and helpful. They take the time to answer questions and provide thorough explanations during the eye exam process.
- Wide selection of glasses and contacts: Reviewers appreciate the assortment of eyeglasses and sunglasses available at the office. The staff is also praised for helping patients find the best deals and providing recommendations based on insurance coverage.
- Clean and comfortable office: Patients mention that the office has a clean and inviting atmosphere, creating a pleasant experience during their visit for an eye exam.
Berkely Eye Associates, LLC
142 Enclave Dr, New Castle, PA 16105
Berkely Eye Associates patients report high satisfaction with the friendly, informative doctors and helpful staff. Patients particularly note the thorough eye exams and attentive care received.
- The staff and doctors are described as friendly, attentive, and helpful. They take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel comfortable and informed during their eye exams.
- The eye exams are described as thorough, with the doctors taking the time to provide a high level of care and expertise. Patients feel that their vision concerns are addressed, and they appreciate the attention to detail.
- The office is clean and well-maintained, and the facility is described as state-of-the-art. Patients appreciate the professionalism and efficiency of the staff in all departments.
Laurel Eye Clinic
217 S Broad St, Grove City, PA 16127
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff, thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors, and wide selection of glasses frames. Patients feel comfortable and well cared for thanks to the professional, caring approach of the staff. Clear doctor-patient communication and an overall positive experience are also commonly mentioned.
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors
- Convenient utilization of a team for efficient service
Laurel Eye Clinic
556 S Erie St, Mercer, PA 16137
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff. Patients commend Dr. Rowland for his thorough, patient, and caring approach during exams. Customers appreciate the staff’s support in explaining processes and selecting eyewear. However, one review notes a decline in service since a doctor’s departure and dissatisfaction with costs. Most reviews recommend the center and share positive experiences.
- Friendly and professional staff who are knowledgeable and patient.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams provided by Dr. Rowland.
- The staff goes above and beyond to help patients, including assisting with affordability.
Joseph A. Terravecchia, O.D.
1750 New Butler Rd suite a, New Castle, PA 16101
Dr. Terravecchia provides excellent eye care. Patients describe him and his staff as thorough, kind, and professional. The office offers quick service, nice glasses, and care for all ages. Reviewers recommend him as the best doctor in the area.
- Thorough and Professional: Dr. Terravecchia is described as thorough, kind, and professional by multiple reviewers. This suggests that he provides comprehensive eye care and ensures that patients receive personalized and attentive service.
- Friendly and Helpful Staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently praised for their friendliness and willingness to go above and beyond to assist patients. This indicates that the team is patient-focused and committed to providing a positive experience.
Mastrian Eyecare, LLC
490 N Kerrwood Dr #203, Hermitage, PA 16148
Mastrian Eye Care Center receives positive reviews for their doctors’ expertise and rapport with patients, especially children. Patients describe the staff as friendly and helpful with good customer service. The office maintains cleanliness and adheres to COVID-19 protocols for a safe patient experience.
- The doctors at Mastrian Eye Care are highly praised for their expertise and patience, especially when it comes to working with children.
- The staff at this eye care center is consistently described as friendly and helpful, providing excellent customer service.
- Patients appreciate the state-of-the-art testing and adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols at Mastrian Eye Care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.