Best Eye Doctors In Du Bois, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Du Bois Optometrists in Du Bois, Du Bois, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Du Bois reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Du Bois.
Dr. Jack Hauler
74 Coulter Ave, Ardmore, PA 19003
Dr. Jack Hauler at Pearle Vision provides friendly, thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate his professional approach. The helpful, pleasant staff also receives positive feedback. Many recommend this eye care center for its knowledgeable, caring service.
- Dr. Jack Hauler takes the time to thoroughly explain options for contact lenses and glasses, making patients feel valued and never rushed during their eye exams.
- The entire staff at Pearle Vision is helpful, pleasant, and professional, creating a positive and welcoming environment for eye exams.
- The eye exams are prompt, efficient, and conducted by knowledgeable and friendly professionals, ensuring a pleasant and informative experience for patients.
Fatula Eye Care
635 S Brady St, DuBois, PA 15801
Dr. Fatula provides attentive and thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate his clear explanations and patience in answering questions. His office offers a modern, tidy setting and ample frame choices. The friendly staff helpfully guides patients in selecting glasses or contacts. Fatula Eye Care comes highly recommended for their comprehensive, caring approach.
- Dr. Fatula takes the time to thoroughly explain and answer questions during the eye examination.
- The office is clean, modern, and has an impressive selection of frames.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and accommodating, making patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Dr. Fatula provides a thorough and efficient eye exam, ensuring that patients feel well taken care of.
- The selection of glasses is easily accessible, and assistance is provided in choosing the right pair.
- Dr. Fatula is knowledgeable and caring, putting patients at ease and addressing their concerns.
- The office provides a relaxed and professional atmosphere for a pleasant experience.
- The staff is attentive, professional, and takes the time to ensure a complete eye exam.
- Dr. Fatula is thorough and caring, going above and beyond to explain procedures and results.
- The office has a welcoming and friendly environment, making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
Laurel Eye Clinic
50 Waterford Pike, Brookville, PA 15825
Laurel Eye Clinic receives positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough doctors. Patients report high quality care, from cataract surgeries to attentive follow-up visits. Many appreciate their professional yet personal service, as well as their ability to schedule emergency appointments when needed. Overall, reviewers recommend Laurel Eye Clinic as a trusted provider that delivers excellent results.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff, including the reception desk, technicians, and doctors. This creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for eye exams and eye care.
- Thorough and professional exams: Multiple reviewers praised the thoroughness of the eye exams and the professionalism of the doctors. This indicates that the clinic provides comprehensive and quality care.
- High level of trust: Several reviews mentioned that they have complete trust in the clinic and its doctors. This trust is built through the caring and reassuring nature of the staff, as well as the positive outcomes of procedures such as cataract surgery and LASIK.
WellNow Urgent Care
655 E DuBois Ave Suite A, DuBois, PA 15801
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its excellent service, attentive staff, and skilled doctors like Drs. Nicholas Cunningham and Betty Schau, who patients commend for their bedside manner and thorough exams. In summary, patients highly recommend this center for its quick, efficient and caring service.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly and going the extra mile to provide excellent care. This indicates a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Short wait times: Several reviews mention that they didn't have to wait long to be seen and treated. This is a positive aspect for those seeking quick and efficient eye care services.
LaBrasca Plastic Surgery: Algie LaBrasca, DO
630 Division St Suite 2, DuBois, PA 15801
Patients highly recommend Dr. LaBrasca and his team at this eye care center for their kindness, professionalism, and exceptional surgical and non-surgical results. While most reviews are positive, a few mention dissatisfaction with a previous eyelid surgery.
- Dr. LaBrasca and his staff are highly caring and compassionate. They listen to their patients and genuinely care about their well-being.
- The office provides exceptional customer service, friendliness, and professionalism. Patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout their visits.
- Dr. LaBrasca is a talented surgeon who delivers excellent results. Patients are thrilled with the outcomes of their procedures and recommend him to others.
See La Vie Eyecare and Eyewear
851 W Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
See La Vie eye care center is widely praised for its beautiful storefront, friendly and knowledgeable staff like Dr. Kayla and her assistant Ashley, use of high-tech equipment during comprehensive eye exams, convenient in-house lens services, and stylish frame selection, making it a top choice for quality eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff, including Dr. Kayla and her assistant Ashley, were welcoming, friendly, and helpful.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Many reviewers were impressed with the high-tech and cutting-edge equipment used during their eye exams, which allowed for a thorough and efficient examination.
- Beautiful and inviting space: The eye care center was described as beautiful, clean, and inviting, with a spa-like aesthetic. The selection of stylish frames was also highlighted by reviewers.
Laurel Eye Clinic
235 E Market St, Clearfield, PA 16830
The eye care center was highly recommended for thorough, professional eye exams. Patients described the staff as friendly, helpful and patient. Additional praise went to the assistance with glasses selection and the team’s overall caring approach.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams with clear explanations
- Professional, friendly, and helpful staff who go above and beyond to assist with glasses selection
- Exceptional customer service and care from the receptionist to the doctor
Laurel Eye Clinic
865 Beaver Dr, DuBois, PA 15801
Customers appreciated the beautiful facility and friendly employees, who accurately checked vision prescriptions. The thorough eye doctor and patient eyeglass technician helped with frames, lenses, and questions. Another customer highly recommended the excellent, knowledgeable service. However, one customer was dissatisfied with air in the syringe during injections and an unsympathetic staff. Generally, the staff was polite, experienced, efficient, and friendly.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye care: Reviewers praised the eye doctor for being thorough and knowledgeable during their eye exams, instilling confidence in their care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the pleasantness and helpfulness of the employees, from the receptionist to the eyeglass technician. The staff went above and beyond to assist patients and answer their questions.
- Excellent customer service and professionalism: Customers appreciated the professionalism and efficiency of the office staff, complementing their promptness, politeness, and overall positive experience with the clinic.
Ardmore Eye Care
11 Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, PA 19003
Ardmore Eye Care patients appreciate the friendly, patient-focused care from Dr. Hall and staff. They commend the thorough eye exams and willingness to promptly resolve issues. However, one review cited dissatisfaction with pricing, service and a resulting eye infection. Most strongly recommend Ardmore Eye Care for attentive expertise meeting eye care needs.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Ardmore Eye Care are friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming atmosphere of the clinic.
- Thorough and detailed exams: Many reviewers praised Dr. Hall for his thorough and detailed eye exams. Patients feel confident that their eye health is being properly assessed and appreciate the clear explanations provided during the examination process.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews highlight the exceptional customer service received at Ardmore Eye Care. Patients mention that they feel like part of a family when visiting the clinic, and the staff is always willing to answer questions and address concerns.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.