Best Eye Doctors In Bensalem, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bensalem Optometrists in Bensalem, Bensalem, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bensalem reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bensalem.
Kelleher Thomas J OD
10501 Academy Rd Unit D, Philadelphia, PA 19114
Dr. Kelleher provides thorough eye exams and attentive, friendly service. His office offers a wide selection of glasses in a comfortable, welcoming setting.
- Dr. Kelleher and his staff provide thorough and attentive eye exams, taking the time to listen to concerns and discuss any issues.
- The office staff is consistently helpful and kind, making the experience of getting an eye exam comfortable and convenient.
- There is a fantastic selection of glasses available, making it easy to find the perfect frames.
Total Eye Care & Cosmetic Laser Centers
1568 Woodbourne Rd, Levittown, PA 19057
Patients commend Drs. Lavrich and Benn of Total Eye Care Centers for their attentive care, expertise, and clear communication during exams and procedures. However, some patients express frustration with wait times, staff professionalism, and administrative organization. In summary, while skilled ophthalmologists are the practice’s strength, operational issues remain.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Total Eye Care Centers are helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous.
- Specialized care: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Total Eye Care Centers specialize in various eye conditions, including cataracts, glaucoma, retinal issues, and even pediatric eye care, making it a comprehensive place for different eye care needs.
IDEAL VISION CENTER, INC.
2838 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
Ideal Vision Center provides a wide selection of eyeglasses and attentive customer service. Patients speak highly of Dr. Vu’s thorough eye exams and the personalized care they receive. Many mention they will return and recommend Ideal Vision Center for comprehensive eye care and stylish, well-fitted glasses.
- Enormous selection of eyeglasses and frames to choose from.
- Friendly and informative eye doctor who takes the time to explain everything during the eye exam.
- Excellent service, including going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction and quick delivery of glasses.
Tri-Century Eye Care Bristol Office
216 Mill St, Bristol, PA 19007
Century Eye Care patients consistently highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff, commending the doctors for their clear communication and comforting manner. Multiple reviews praise the professionalism and attentiveness of the team, with special mentions of Rachel in Bristol and Dr. Patel’s excellent service.
- The staff at Century Eye Care is accommodating and kind, making patients feel comfortable and relaxed during their visit.
- The doctors at this eye care center are knowledgeable and provide clear explanations about the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Despite being a busy office, the service at Century Eye Care is excellent, with friendly and efficient staff members who take the time to explain each step of the process.
Philadelphia Eyeglass Labs + Cohen’s Fashion Optical
1863 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback, with customers highlighting attentive service and expertise from specific staff members. While some faced long waits, unprofessionalism, and issues with glasses, the majority found the team friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient in conducting eye exams and repairs. Overall the center appears well recommended based on these primarily upbeat reviews.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at this eye care center, particularly Melissa, Meghan, and Richie, for their exceptional customer service skills, knowledge, and helpfulness. Reviewers appreciated their thorough explanations during eye exams, assistance in reaching budgeted costs, and going above and beyond to ensure a smooth experience.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned that their issues, such as fixing glasses, replacing nose pads, or getting glasses repaired, were resolved in a matter of minutes. This efficient service left a positive impression on customers.
- Personalized care: The staff at this eye care center, particularly Melissa, was commended for providing personalized care and taking the time to train patients on using contacts. Reviewers felt that they received individual attention and felt cared for during their visits.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
3461 Horizon Blvd, Bensalem Township, PA 19053
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for thorough, efficient exams and exceptional customer service from a friendly staff. Optometrists put patients at ease during examinations. Staff members Shareem and Ruth stand out for going above and beyond to help customers.
- Quick and efficient eye exams.
- Kind and friendly staff.
- Helpful and accommodating opticians.
Feasterville Family Eye Care
1820 Bridgetown Pike, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
Dr. Cerceo and his staff provide personalized, caring service, addressing patient concerns thoroughly and patiently. The friendly, knowledgeable staff go above and beyond in caring for patients. There is a wonderful frame selection to choose from. The practice is highly regarded for professional, quality care.
- Personalized and caring service: The office staff and Dr. Cerceo go above and beyond to take care of their patients, ensuring that concerns are addressed and providing personalized and patient-centered care.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Patients consistently mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive, ensuring that all aspects of their vision and eye health are evaluated.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful in assisting patients with selecting frames and answering any questions.
Man T. Vu, OD
2838 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
The eye care center receives outstanding reviews for its friendly and knowledgeable doctor who carefully explains eye exams. Patients describe the doctor as attentive, kind, and patient – creating a comfortable, welcoming environment. Appointments run smoothly and efficiently. A wide selection of affordable eyeglasses is available. The doctor excels at putting children at ease during exams. Patients highly recommend this center for its exceptional, quality care.
- Excellent customer service: The doctor takes time to explain every detail and ensures that patients are satisfied with every step of the eye care process. Patients feel comfortable and at home during their visits.
- Knowledgeable and thorough: The doctor has extensive knowledge and expertise in optometry. He conducts comprehensive eye exams and offers a wide variety of eyeglasses. Patients appreciate his attention to detail and the thoroughness of his exams.
- Great with children: The doctor is praised for his ability to work well with children. He is patient, caring, and takes the time to help children choose glasses. Parents appreciate his ability to make their children feel comfortable during their eye exams.
Sunrise Eye Associates
225 Bustleton Pike, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
Sunrise Eye Associates provides exceptional eye care. Dr. Gold’s knowledgeable, professional staff thoroughly explain eye health. However, some patients report issues with billing, customer service, and overpriced glasses. Dr. Gold receives positive reviews for his expertise and patient care.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: The eye care center is known for conducting multiple tests to ensure thorough checkups and monitors the eye health of patients.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Sunrise Eye Associates is described as professional, up-to-date on the latest equipment, and customer-friendly. They take the time to explain the patient's vision and eye health.
- Personalized care and attention: Dr. Gold and his team provide exceptionally thorough and gentle care, making it a pleasant experience for those uncomfortable with visiting an eye doctor. They take the time to explain every step and ensure the patient's eyewear lasts as long as possible.
2741 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
The eye care center and Dr. Beato are well-reviewed for thorough exams, attentive care, and personalized service. While some patients note high frame costs or prescription/insurance issues, most praise the quality service, minimal wait times, and fair pricing for glasses.
- Knowledgeable and thorough optometrist: Dr. Beato takes the time to examine eyes thoroughly, answers questions with care, and prescribes the best contacts for vision.
- Personalized attention and great service: The office provides personalized attention that is hard to find at a chain. The staff is friendly and well-informed, making patients feel valued and not just like a number.
- Reasonable prices and fast service: The glasses provided by the eye care center are reasonably priced, and customers have received them quickly.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.