Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Salem, OR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 20 LASIK Surgeons in Salem, OR, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1262 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Salem.
Medical Center Eye Clinic | East Marcus A MD
655 Medical Center Dr NE, Salem, OR 97301
The staff at Medical Center Eye Clinic | East Marcus A MD is efficient and ensures appointments run smoothly. Dr. East is a kind and thorough surgeon who provides excellent care. Patients are pleased with their glasses and the personalized attention they receive.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the clinic.
- The staff are very friendly and helpful, always willing to go out of their way to help.
- Appointments always run smoothly, with no waiting time or problems.
- Dr. East is a very thorough doctor who takes the time to listen to patients and answer any questions they may have.
- The glasses that are provided as part of the service are of excellent quality and fit perfectly.
Medical Center Eye Clinic |Tibolt Robert E MD
655 Medical Center Dr NE, Salem, OR 97301
Medical Center Eye Clinic |Tibolt Robert E MD is known for their exceptional patience with patients who have visual and auditory impairments. The clinic's staff is also highly accommodating and understanding. Patients can trust that they will receive top-quality care at this practice.
- People feel very patient with them.
- They are very patient with husbands who have a lot of medical issues.
- They are very patient with husbands who have a lot of medical issues.
Benjamin Katz MD | Kaiser Permanente
5125 Skyline Rd S, Salem, OR 97306
Dr. Benjamin Katz at Kaiser Permanente is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon. Patients find him personable and easy to talk to. His office provides excellent care for those seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel like they can trust Dr. Katz and that he is knowledgeable about their health condition.
- The staff is always willing to help and answer any questions patients may have.
- The appointments are easy to schedule and the wait time is usually short.
- Dr. Katz takes the time to listen to his patients and work together with them to find a treatment plan that best suits their needs.
Acuity Eye Care
223 Main St, Salem, NH 03079
Acuity Eye Care is a welcoming and thorough practice for those seeking a lasik surgeon. Patients appreciate the non-rushed atmosphere, allowing for questions and a better understanding of their eye health. Dr. Kohn's expertise and personable nature make for a great experience.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting Acuity Eye Care.
- The exam is very thorough, with a great selection of frames to choose from.
- Appointments are not rushed, which allows patients to ask questions and feel confident in their care.
- Dr. Kohn is an excellent doctor who cares about her patients and provides top quality care.
616 E State St, Salem, OH 44460
MyEyeDr. Salem, OH is a fantastic choice for eye care. The staff is friendly and professional, and the doctors are detail-oriented. Patients appreciate the minimal wait time and accurate, comfortable lenses.
- People feel welcomed and cared for when visiting MyEyeDr.
- The staff is always kind and helpful, making the experience pleasant.
- Drs Lorie and Lippiatt are highly skilled professionals who take time to explain any changes or concerns.
- The office maintains up to date technology, which makes the visit more efficient.
Dr. Black's Eye Associates
1350 S Jackson St, Salem, IN 47167
Dr. Black's Eye Associates is a highly recommended practice for those seeking exceptional eye care. Patients rave about the attentive staff and the expertise of the doctors, particularly Mindy Gunn. If you're looking for a top-notch lasik surgeon, this is the place to go.
- People feel respected and cared for at this office.
- The staff is always accommodating and courteous.
- Going to Eye Associates feels like visiting friends
- they are personable and caring.
- Dr. Mindy Gunn is an excellent doctor who takes care of her patients well.
Salem Laser and Surgery Center
1330 Commercial St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Salem Laser and Surgery Center is a welcoming and professional practice that provides excellent care. The pre- and post-operative instructions are detailed and thorough, ensuring a smooth experience for patients. The compassionate and competent staff make this practice a top choice for those seeking LASIK surgery.
- People feel welcome from the time you walk in.
- Professional and kind receptionists.
- Nurse who took care of me was very compassionate and caring.
- Dr. Stice did a great job on my eye.
- My husband had cataract surgery on one eye and it went smoothly thanks to the staff at Salem Laser and Surgery Center.
- Was made very comfortable during surgery, with written material provided beforehand and follow up after surgery to make sure everything was going well.
Eye Care Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
1285 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Eye Care Oculofacial Plastic Surgery is a professional and welcoming practice with a skilled team. Patients appreciate the kindness and patience of the staff, as well as the expertise of the doctors in diagnosing and recommending treatment options. The practice is a top choice for those seeking exceptional eye care.
- People feel welcome and comfortable when visiting this office.
- The staff is professional and knowledgeable, making it easy to get the care you need.
- Dr. Bingham is an excellent eye doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and diagnose their problems.
Eyecare Center of Salem
1415 Capitol St NE, Salem, OR 97301
Eyecare Center of Salem excels in patient care, technology, frames, and opticians. The staff is friendly and helpful, but check-out could be more timely. One customer had a negative experience with a 15-20 minute wait due to another customer on the phone.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming.
- They offer a large selection of frames, from which you can choose to fit your own style.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and use the latest technology.
- The office is new and has a great atmosphere.
John R. Harrington, OD
1309 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Dr. John R. Harrington's office boasts a professional and competent team, with highly qualified staff. Patients appreciate the clear and concise communication, without the use of excessive medical jargon. While some have reported billing difficulties, the overall experience is positive and patients feel confident in the care they receive.
- People feel very professional and competent.
- Procedures are done quickly and throughly.
- Takes time to answer questions with easy to understand explanations and no excess medical names.
- Highly recommend this individual.
- Dr. Harrington detected a problem during a routine exam, when I was having no symptoms. He quickly referred me to a retina specialist who confirmed that I had a detached retina.
Microsurgical Eye Consultants
31 Centennial Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
Microsurgical Eye Consultants is a highly professional practice that provides clear explanations throughout the entire process. Patients are thrilled with the results of their surgery and praise the skill of the surgeons and the expertise of the refractive coordinator. The practice creates a comfortable and welcoming environment for all patients.
- People feel very comfortable and confident with the surgeons and staff.
- The surgeons are very knowledgeable and able to explain the process in a way that is easy to understand.
- Recovery from surgery is easy.
Vistar Eye Center
426 W Main St, Salem, VA 24153
Vistar Eye Center is known for their thorough and professional services, with a friendly and helpful staff. Patients who have had cataract surgery at Vistar are pleased with the results. Trust in Vistar for your LASIK needs.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming at Vistar Eye Center.
- The staff is very thorough and professional in their services.
- They have a great selection of glasses to choose from.
Eye Care Surgery Inc - Salem
1802 Braeburn Dr, Salem, VA 24153
Eye Care Surgery Inc - Salem boasts an efficient and friendly staff, making the experience seamless for patients. The doctor takes the time to thoroughly explain procedures, putting patients at ease. A top choice for those seeking exceptional lasik surgery.
- People feel comfortable with this surgeon.
- He is very efficient and takes the time to explain everything.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
Tallman Eye Associates
29 Stiles Rd # 101, Salem, NH 03079
Tallman Eye Associates is a professional and thorough practice with knowledgeable doctors. Dr. DeAngelis is particularly skilled in treating Sjogrens syndrome and has a positive attitude. Patients appreciate the care provided by Kim in the eyeglass shop.
- People feel very welcoming and professional.
- The office is accessible, with parking available outside the building.
- Excellent care is given to patients with Sjogrens syndrome by Dr. DeAngelis.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article