Best Eye Doctors In Wilsonville, OR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Wilsonville Optometrists in Wilsonville, Wilsonville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Wilsonville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Wilsonville.
EyeHealth Northwest – Wilsonville
29250 Town Center Loop W, Wilsonville, OR 97070
A billing error, long wait times, and an incorrect prescription leading to vision problems were among concerns raised. However, exams were satisfactory for some patients.
- Staff were friendly, knowledgeable, patient, and welcoming.
- The doctors and tech specialists were kind, efficient, and good listeners.
- Dr. Aderman is a fantastic surgeon and provided excellent care.
ABC Vision – Sherwood
20661 SW Roy Rogers Rd Suite 503, Sherwood, OR 97140
Customers highly recommend this eye care center for its knowledgeable, caring doctors and friendly, efficient staff. Many reviews commend Dr. Ward, Dr. Neron and Dr. Murphy for taking time to answer questions and explain eye procedures. The front desk staff is also praised for providing welcoming, expedient service. Additional benefits noted include affordable pricing, convenience, and ample frame selections.
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctors: Dr. Ward and Dr. Neron are highly praised for their kindness, professionalism, and thoroughness during eye exams. They take the time to answer questions and explain procedures, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Helpful and welcoming staff: The front desk staff at ABC Vision is consistently described as friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They provide excellent customer service from the moment patients step into the office until they leave.
- Timely and efficient appointments: Many reviewers appreciate that ABC Vision starts appointments on time and provides efficient and prompt service. The scheduling process is also praised for its convenience, with fast scheduling available online.
Lake Oswego Vision Clinic
15480 Boones Ferry Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
The Lake Oswego Vision Clinic offers a friendly and patient-focused exam experience. Dr. Palmer’s clear explanations help put customers at ease. The clinic follows COVID safety protocols and maintains an organized office environment. However, some customers noted pushy sales tactics and costly prices. Most reviews highlighted knowledgeable doctors, helpful staff, and an overall satisfactory exam experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly, kind, and helpful. They provide a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Flexible hours and convenient location: The clinic offers flexible hours, making it convenient for patients with busy schedules. Additionally, it is located in an easily accessible area with ample parking.
- Professional and thorough exams: The optometrists at the clinic are praised for their professionalism and thoroughness during eye exams. They take the time to explain the exam process in simple terms, ensuring that patients understand their eye health.
364 N Ivy St, Canby, OR 97013
Canby Eyecare receives positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and clean facilities. Patients describe the eye doctors as thorough, knowledgeable and possessing excellent bedside manner. Many praise the clinic’s prompt, efficient service with same-day appointments for emergencies. Overall, Canby Eyecare is considered a professional, trustworthy eye care provider.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Canby Eyecare is friendly, kind, and caring. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Clean and sanitized environment: Several reviews highlight that the office is clean and well sanitized, which is especially important for eye care. This ensures a safe and hygienic experience for patients.
- Great selection of glasses: Many reviewers appreciate the wide selection of glasses available at Canby Eyecare. This allows patients to find the perfect frames that suit their preferences and style.
Peak Vision Clinic
7016 SW Nyberg St, Tualatin, OR 97062
The eye care center received favorable reviews for their knowledgeable and personable doctors, who performed comprehensive and precise eye exams. Patients noted the tidy and structured facility, and the expedient and timely service. In general, patients were satisfied with the high quality eye care and professional staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and knowledgeable. This is important when seeking eye care and eye exams, as it indicates that the staff will give you the care and attention needed to ensure your eyes are in good health.
- Comprehensive services: Several reviewers appreciate the fact that this eye care center offers comprehensive services, including eye exams, contact lens fittings, and a wide range of eyewear options. This is beneficial as it allows patients to get all their eye care needs met in one place.
- Efficient and organized: Some reviewers mention that this eye care center is efficient and well-organized. This is beneficial as it helps to minimize wait times and ensures a smooth and hassle-free experience during your visit.
Lenza Eye Center
25699 SW Argyle Ave A, Wilsonville, OR 97070
This eye care center offers quick, thorough eye exams without pressuring patients to buy products. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The facility earns praise for its clean, modern environment and adherence to COVID-19 safety measures.
- Thorough and timely eye exams: Customers appreciated that their exams were comprehensive and conducted in a timely manner, with minimal waiting time.
- No pressure to purchase glasses or contacts: Customers mentioned that they were not pressured into buying glasses or contacts after their exams. They appreciated that there was no sales pitch and that they were given their prescription without having to ask for it.
- Same-day cheap glasses: Some customers mentioned that the eye care center offered affordable glasses, starting at $100, that could be ready in under an hour. They appreciated the good customer service and the wide selection of frames available.
Wilsonville Vision Center
29890 Town Center Loop W, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Wilsonville Vision Center customers commend the professionalism and expertise of Dr. Christiansen and staff, the efficient service, and thorough eye exams. Most reviewers extol the friendly and helpful receptionists and opticians and enthusiastically recommend Wilsonville Vision Center. However, one reviewer cited an unfavorable encounter with a rude receptionist.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff, with a thorough eye exam process.
- Friendly and efficient service, with no long waits for appointments or glasses.
- Highly recommended by multiple customers, with a caring and welcoming experience.
Sherwood Family Eye Health
16814 SW Edy Rd suite 124 ste 124, Sherwood, OR 97140
Sherwood Eye Health receives glowing reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, accommodating scheduling, and clean, inviting office. Patients particularly appreciate the personalized care from Dr. Zapodeanu, who goes the extra mile. This reliable eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff’s expertise and friendliness, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed during their eye exams.
- Efficient and thorough care: Many reviewers appreciate the clinic’s efficiency and thoroughness in conducting eye exams. They mention that appointments are on time, and the doctors take the time to address all concerns and provide detailed explanations about the examination process and results.
Eye to Eye Clinic Wilsonville
8269 SW Wilsonville Rd Suite G, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Eye to Eye clinic in Wilsonville receives positive reviews for its thorough and professional eye doctors, especially Drs. Hursh and Lemay. Patients appreciate the friendly staff and wide eyewear selection. Overall, reviewers are satisfied with the care and plan to return.
- Prompt and Convenient Appointments: Multiple reviewers mention the ability to easily schedule an appointment within a short period of time.
- Thorough and Professional Eye Exams: Many reviewers praise the thoroughness of the eye exams and the attentiveness of the doctors. They feel that their concerns are listened to and that the doctors take the time to explain everything clearly.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: Numerous reviewers mention the friendly and helpful staff, who make them feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service. They appreciate the staff's patience while choosing frames and the staff's ability to answer questions and provide personalized recommendations.
Oregon Eye Physicians & Surgeons
20015 SW Pacific Hwy, Sherwood, OR 97140
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, though a few customers had issues with billing or communication. Overall, reviewers are satisfied with eye exams and help selecting eyewear.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. They assisted with finding affordable options, explained things clearly, and patiently helped customers pick out frames that suited them.
- Thorough eye exams: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors and technicians at this eye care center provided thorough and comprehensive eye exams. They were described as knowledgeable and explained everything in easy-to-understand language.
- Professional and welcoming atmosphere: Many reviewers commented on the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this eye care center. They felt comfortable and welcomed from the moment they entered the clinic. The office setting was described as modern and clean.
West Linn Vision Center
2020 8th Ave, West Linn, OR 97068
West Linn Vision Center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and knowledgeable doctors. A few patients faced issues with communication, delayed prescriptions, incorrect lenses, unclear costs, and exam inclusions. While they provide quality eye care, improvements in operations could further enhance patient experiences.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being nice, friendly, and welcoming. They take their time to address concerns and provide thorough care.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Customers appreciate the expertise and professionalism of the doctors. They take the time to answer questions and provide informative explanations during eye exams.
- Advanced diagnostic technology: The eye care center is equipped with up-to-date and modern eye equipment. This ensures accurate examinations and a smooth experience for customers.
Sherwood Eye Clinic
15972 SW Tualatin-Sherwood Rd, Sherwood, OR 97140
Dr. Baker provides thorough eye exams and helpful explanations at Sherwood Eye Clinic. Patients compliment his insurance assistance and frame recommendations. The clinic offers a clean, friendly atmosphere and wide frame selection. While some feel rushed or pressured during purchases, Dr. Baker is largely praised for his expertise, professionalism, and attentive care.
- Dr. Baker is highly skilled and knowledgeable, providing thorough eye exams and answering questions.
- The clinic offers a wide selection of glasses without a pushy retail sales pitch.
- Dr. Baker takes the time to explain the eye exam process, equipment usage, and options for frames and lenses.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
21320 SW Langer Farms Pkwy, Sherwood, OR 97140
The eye care center is highly regarded for its friendly, professional staff and wide range of services including eye exams, contact lens fittings, and prompt repairs. Customers consistently compliment the helpfulness of staff members and their quality customer service. While reviews are overwhelmingly positive, a few customers expressed minor dissatisfactions. Overall, the center comes well recommended for its welcoming atmosphere, skilled opticians, and competitively-priced eyewear.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and friendly nature of the staff, emphasizing their professionalism and expertise.
- Efficient service: Several reviews highlight the quick and efficient service, with customers being able to get their eye care needs addressed promptly and with minimal wait times.
- Good selection and quality of glasses: Customers were satisfied with their glasses, mentioning that they received their order within a week and that the glasses were perfect.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oregon
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oregon reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oregon, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oregon
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oregon.
- The In Oregon in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 12.3 compared to the overall percentage of 4.68 for the population without any risk factors. and In Oregon in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.06%) compared to the overall population (4.68%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.38%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oregon
- In Oregon, 4.68% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oregon
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.95% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oregon face even higher rates at 5.72%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oregon
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oregon.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 7.06% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oregon
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.65% of children in Oregon having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.74% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oregon
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.68% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oregon.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.