Best Eye Doctors In Mcminnville, OR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mcminnville Optometrists in Mcminnville, Mcminnville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mcminnville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mcminnville.
Eye Care Physicians & Surgeons
1309 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Customers largely praised the professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the doctors and staff at this eye care center. While wait times and parking availability drew some complaints, most patients were pleased with the expertise and service they received during their eye exams and visits.
- The doctors and staff at the eye care center are professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. They provide thorough and careful eye exams, taking the time to explain procedures and results.
- The clinic offers a smooth and comfortable experience, with reasonable wait times and efficient check-in/check-out processes. The staff members are friendly and provide a high level of professional care.
- The clinic offers a wide range of services, including eye exams, eyeglasses fittings, and more extensive eye care. They have a great selection of glasses and provide outstanding service throughout the entire process.
Owen Eye Care Inc
620 E 1st St, Newberg, OR 97132
Owen Eye Care is highly recommended for their friendly, thorough service and professional, knowledgeable doctors. Patients praise the modern, calming office and state-of-the-art equipment. Many appreciate the stylish frame selection and appointment reminders. Reviews overwhelmingly reflect satisfaction with the exams and eye care received.
- Friendly and thorough service: Customers consistently praise the friendly and thorough service at Owen Eye Care. From the reception desk to the optometrist, the staff is commended for their professionalism and friendliness.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Owen Eye Care is equipped with state-of-the-art technology that makes eye exams quick and comfortable. Customers appreciate the use of advanced equipment, including a 3D camera for baseline images, which enhances the quality and accuracy of the exams.
- Wide selection of stylish glasses: The eye care center offers a great supply of stylish glasses, giving customers plenty of options to choose from. This, combined with the helpful and knowledgeable staff, makes it easier for customers to find the perfect frames to suit their needs and style.
Family Focus Eye Care – Dry Eye Center of Salem
338 Hawthorne Ave NE, Salem, OR 97301
Family Focus Eye Care patients report attentive staff who explain exam results. Knowledgeable, friendly professionals answer questions thoroughly. Appointments accommodate busy schedules. Patients recommend this clinic’s personalized, welcoming care.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff who explain the results of the eye exam and answer all questions.
- Transparent billing practices and no pushiness for extras.
- Quick and efficient service, with the ability to get an appointment quickly.
Eye Care Physicians & Surgeons (Keizer)
5750 Inland Shores Way N, Keizer, OR 97303
Inland Shores offers professional, comprehensive eye exams. Patients reported positive experiences overall, with friendly, knowledgeable staff. Dr. Morris impresses with his expertise and rapport.
- Great professionalism from reception to the doctor - The staff at this eye care center is praised for their professionalism, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visit.
- Thorough eye exams - The eye exams at this center are thorough and comprehensive, ensuring that all concerns and questions are addressed by the knowledgeable and experienced doctors on staff.
- Friendly staff and pleasant experience - The staff at this eye care center is described as friendly and helpful, creating a pleasant and positive experience for patients.
Eye Department; Eye Care & Eyewear
921 SW 16th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
The Eye Department provides expert eye care with knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff. Dr. Annie Bacon is especially appreciated for her thorough yet comfortable exams. Patients commend the impressive glasses selection at fair prices, accommodating appointment availability, and expertise treating diverse eye conditions. The clinic emphasizes customer service.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff who understand insurance intricacies and genuinely care about eye health.
- Thorough and comfortable eye exams provided by Dr. Annie, who is warm, professional, and takes the time to explain things in a friendly and informative manner.
- Excellent selection of glasses at reasonable prices, with the added convenience of free parking in a location where parking can be difficult.
Newberg Family Eye Care
901 Brutscher St Ste E, Newberg, OR 97132
Dr. Bury of Newberg Family Eye Care provides exceptional eye care. Patients applaud her kind, thorough approach and ability to explain complex information clearly. The clinic impresses with its cleanliness, prompt appointments, and attentive staff.
- Dr. Bury is kind, fun, and explanatory during eye exams, making the experience enjoyable for both kids and adults.
- The office is clean, efficient, and provides thorough explanations of eye exam results, ensuring a comfortable and informative experience.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and accommodating, helping patients find the perfect frames and providing excellent customer service.
David Staneck, MD
2435 NE Cumulus Ave, McMinnville, OR 97128
The reviews indicate Dr. Staneck and his staff are well-regarded for their friendly demeanor and attentiveness to patient concerns. While most portrayed positive experiences, a few mentioned a rude receptionist and lack of COVID-19 protocols during one visit. Overall, the reviews suggest patients had a positive experience under Dr. Staneck’s care.
- Dr. Staneck and his staff are caring, friendly, and attentive to patients' needs.
- The office has a pleasant atmosphere and the staff is helpful and accommodating.
- Dr. Staneck is knowledgeable and thorough, addressing concerns and providing useful information for treatment options.
Eye Care Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
1285 Liberty St SE, Salem, OR 97302
Patients were impressed with the friendly, professional staff and doctors at the eye care center who took time to answer their questions. Many appreciated the efficient, competent care. One patient was grateful the doctor opened the office on a weekend to urgently address their concern.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Efficient and knowledgeable doctor
- Comfortable and welcoming office facilities
Capitol Eye Care
2755 Commercial St SE Suite 102, Salem, OR 97302
The eye care center receives mainly positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff, thorough eye exams, and professional doctors. A few customers found office locations inconvenient, with limited parking. A couple experienced long waits for frames and poor service. However, most customers appear satisfied with the care received.
- Highly recommended for pediatric eye exams: The eye care center is praised for their amazing service with children during their first eye exam experience.
- Accepts insurance for affordable options: The staff is described as polite and accommodating, and they accept insurance, making the eye care experience pleasant and affordable for customers.
- Safety precautions during the pandemic: Customers appreciate the professional handling of eye exams, frame fitting, and new protocols implemented by the eye care center, making them feel safe and respected during the pandemic.
Newberg Vision Clinic, Pc
2207 Portland Rd Ste A, Newberg, OR 97132
The Newberg Vision Clinic is praised for its friendly and professional staff, especially Dr. Jeremy Taylor. Patients appreciate the excellent customer service and COVID-19 precautions. However, some negative reviews cite issues with front office staff and overall performance, leading a few customers not to return.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at Newberg Vision Clinic, emphasizing their helpfulness and personable demeanor.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews express satisfaction with the customer service at Newberg Vision Clinic, praising the staff for going above and beyond to address their needs, such as helping with repairs, coordinating insurance coverage, and providing thorough explanations.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and thoroughness of the doctors at Newberg Vision Clinic, mentioning their ability to explain exam results, answer questions, and provide helpful recommendations for glasses and frames.
Lenza Eye Center
25699 SW Argyle Ave A, Wilsonville, OR 97070
The eye care center receives positive feedback for efficient, thorough exams and providing prescriptions without being pushy about purchases. Patients describe the staff as friendly, honest, and helpful in choosing frames. COVID-19 safety measures also earn praise.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams with minimal wait times.
- Affordable glasses with a wide selection of frames, quick turnaround time, and helpful staff.
- Accommodating for emergency appointments and attentive doctors.
Oregon Eye Physicians & Surgeons
20015 SW Pacific Hwy, Sherwood, OR 97140
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback. Patients appreciated the helpful staff’s insurance aid, frame recommendations, and exam explanations. However, some experienced miscommunication, billing problems, and novice staff. Most reviewers complimented Dr. Bury, Patt and Pat for their expertise and customer service.
- The staff is wonderful and helpful, assisting patients in finding affordable options and frames that fit their face.
- The doctors and technicians are knowledgeable and friendly, providing a thorough and enjoyable eye exam experience.
- The staff, including the receptionist, opticians, and doctors, are kind, professional, and attentive, ensuring a positive overall visit.
River View Family Eyecare
609 NW Hickory St #160, Albany, OR 97321
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, professional and kind staff, and modern technology. One negative review cited appointment issues and poor customer service. Overall, customers recommend this center for the quality care, expertise, and supportiveness of the doctors and staff.
- The eye care center offers thorough eye exams and uses the latest testing equipment for a comfortable experience.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, providing excellent care and treatment options.
- The doctors take the time to answer questions in detail and ensure patients have a clear understanding of their eye health.
20508 SW Roy Rogers Rd Ste 125, Sherwood, OR 97140
Eye Impression eye doctors display professionalism and expertise. The front desk staff offer efficient, quality customer service. The office itself is clean and welcoming. Patients describe their experience as comfortable and hassle-free, with quick appointments and extensive eyewear options.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable optometrists: Dr. Roland, Dr. Nathan, Dr. Shannon, Dr. Rolland, and Dr. Elaine all received praise for their expertise, thoroughness, and ability to make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Natalie, Jessica, Michelle, and the receptionists were commended for their excellent customer service, welcoming attitude, and willingness to assist patients with insurance benefits and selecting glasses.
- Efficient and fast service: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams, including choosing glasses, were completed in a timely manner, with some patients even being in and out of the office in less than an hour.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oregon
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oregon reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oregon, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oregon
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oregon.
- The In Oregon in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 12.3 compared to the overall percentage of 4.68 for the population without any risk factors. and In Oregon in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.06%) compared to the overall population (4.68%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.38%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oregon
- In Oregon, 4.68% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oregon
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.95% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oregon face even higher rates at 5.72%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oregon
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oregon.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 7.06% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oregon
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.65% of children in Oregon having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.74% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oregon
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.68% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oregon.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.