Best Eye Doctors In Albany, OR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Albany Optometrists in Albany, Albany, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Albany reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Albany.
2500 Santiam Hwy SE, Albany, OR 97322
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for its friendly and helpful staff, broad product selection, and clean facilities. Patients comment favorably on the availability of stuffed animals, attentive customer service, and fully stocked optical departments.
- Friendly and helpful staff when not crowded.
- Clean store with a great selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and seafood.
- The produce section has a nice variety of fresh produce.
Valley Eye Care
1505 NW Harrison Blvd, Corvallis, OR 97330
Valley Eye Care garnered approval for its organized and skilled staff and advanced retinal imaging equipment. However, some expressed dismay regarding opaque pricing and costs. While certain patrons applauded the doctors’ expertise and meticulous exams, others cited problematic spectacles and poor service. Reviews indicate a range of favorable and unfavorable experiences.
- Valley Eye Care has a well-organized and capable staff, including highly educated optometrists and techs, providing a sense of confidence and trust in their services.
- The eye care center offers sophisticated retinal measuring tools, such as Optimap and OCT, ensuring a comprehensive eye exam process.
- The center receives positive feedback for its friendly and professional staff, making the eye exam process quick and easy while answering all questions.
All Family Vision Care
1597 SW 53rd St, Corvallis, OR 97333
All Family Vision Care receives favorable reviews for knowledgeable staff providing thorough exams utilizing modern technology. One disappointed customer cited issues with service, costs, and contact lens quality, but most praise the friendly, professional care in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at All Family Vision Care is friendly and helpful, making the overall experience enjoyable and informative.
- Efficient and on-time appointments: Patients appreciate that appointments at this eye care center are scheduled close to the expected time and run smoothly, reducing wait times and making the process more convenient.
Levitt Medical Aesthetics
637 NW Hickory St #160, Albany, OR 97321
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback, with patients commending Dr. Levitt and his team for their professionalism, expertise, and warm demeanor. Many felt at ease during visits and were satisfied with their treatment outcomes. One reviewer did have an unfavorable experience, citing insensitive staff and a rescheduling fee due to bad weather. Overall, reviews indicate competent care in a welcoming environment.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is kind, welcoming, and genuinely cares about the well-being of their clients. This creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctor: Dr. Levitt is highly praised for his expertise and professionalism. He takes the time to thoroughly explain procedures and answer any questions, making patients feel confident in his abilities. Patients appreciate his honesty and dedication to providing the best results.
- High-quality services and excellent results: Multiple reviews mention the positive outcomes and impressive results they achieved from the eye care center's treatments and procedures. Whether it's eye exams or cosmetic procedures, patients are satisfied with the quality of service provided.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
1801 14th Ave SE, Albany, OR 97322
Overall, this eye care center receives favorable reviews for its friendly staff and affordable prices, though some experienced issues with incorrect orders and wait times. Patients describe positive experiences with the doctors, opticians, and associates.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and patient. They provide personalized experiences, answer questions, and help with frame selection or ordering contacts.
- Affordable prices and great deals: Reviewers appreciate the affordability of this eye care center, especially for those without insurance. They mention great deals on glasses and eye exams, as well as membership in the eye care club that offers a good value.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were quick and efficient, with little to no waiting time. The optometrist was described as professional and knowledgeable.
Lifetime Vision Source Of Lebanon
90 Market St Ste 20, Lebanon, OR 97355
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly and helpful staff. Dr. Munk is commended for his expertise and compassion. However, some reviews cite issues with long wait times and unprofessional staff conduct, signaling room for improvement.
- Compassionate and thorough eye exams: Dr. Munk is compassionate and takes the time to conduct a series of eye exams to address ongoing eye issues. He also provides necessary eye drops to ease pain and aid in healing.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, helpful, and treating patients like friends. They ensure patient comfort, explain procedures, and go above and beyond to answer questions and address concerns.
Frost Eye Care
1329 NW 9th St Suite 135, Corvallis, OR 97330
Patients appreciate the thorough and comfortable eye exams performed by the friendly, knowledgeable doctors at Frost Eye Care. The doctors take time to listen and explain eye care. Exam, glasses, and contact prices are reasonable. Extra safety and cleanliness measures are taken during the pandemic. Patients recommend Frost Eye Care for their professional yet personal service.
- Thorough and comfortable eye exams: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the eye exams at this eye care center were thorough and made them feel comfortable throughout the process. This indicates a high level of professionalism and care from the doctors.
- Affordable prices and transparent pricing: Several reviewers commented on the affordable prices for both eye exams and glasses at this eye care center. They also appreciated the transparency in pricing, with the website clearly listing the prices of exams and frames. This suggests that customers can expect fair and competitive pricing at this location.
- Friendly and personable service: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and personable service they received at this eye care center. The staff were engaging, kind, and welcoming, making the overall experience enjoyable for customers. This highlights the attentive and customer-oriented approach of the staff.
2330 Heritage Way SE, Albany, OR 97322
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews, with patients complimenting the warm and knowledgeable staff, especially the doctors and receptionists. The office is said to utilize modern equipment and advanced technology. A couple reviews cite issues with the optical staff and extended wait times for glasses.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at Albany Eyecare for their friendliness, professionalism, and helpfulness. They made patients feel comfortable, answered questions, and provided excellent customer service.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that they received thorough and comprehensive eye exams from the doctors at Albany Eyecare. They appreciated the advanced technology used during the exams and the attention to detail.
- Wide selection of frames: Many reviewers were happy with the wide selection of frames available at Albany Eyecare. The staff helped them choose frames that suited their preferences and even allowed them to try frames at home before making a final decision.
River View Family Eyecare
609 NW Hickory St #160, Albany, OR 97321
River View Family Eyecare is highly regarded for their thorough, professional eye doctors and comfortable exam facilities. Patients report friendly staff, easy processes, and doctors that patiently answer questions. While a few reviewers noted issues with appointment scheduling and staff communication, the clean, calm office and modern technology contribute to an overwhelmingly positive patient experience.
- Easy process and kind receptionist: The eye care center provides a seamless and hassle-free experience for patients, with a friendly receptionist who ensures payment understanding.
- Thorough eye exams and professional staff: Patients consistently mention the center's staff as friendly, professional, and providing thorough eye exams.
- Latest technology and comfortable testing equipment: The eye care center utilizes the latest testing equipment, making the eye exam process comfortable for patients.
2719 SE 21st Ave, Portland, OR 97202
Blink Eye Care Center is highly rated for their optometrists, eye exams, frames selection and insurance assistance. Patients report attentive service and knowledgeable staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent customer service
- Wide selection of unique and stylish frames
- Convenient location with a doctor in the store
Ed C. Baer, OD
2117 NW Fillmore Ave, Corvallis, OR 97330
Dr. Baer and his staff create a warm, friendly atmosphere where patients feel genuinely cared for. His eye exams are thorough and comprehensive. Patients describe Dr. Baer as knowledgeable, patient, and caring. The office provides excellent service and has many loyal, long-term patients.
- Dr. Baer and his staff are friendly, kind, and make patients feel personally connected.
- Dr. Baer takes the time to explain and educate about each test during the eye exam, making patients feel cared for and not rushed.
- The office provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and the exam is thorough and comprehensive.
Retina Consultants, LLC
2815 Willetta St SW Suite A2, Albany, OR 97321
The eye care center’s reception staff, assistants, and doctors receive consistent praise for their professionalism and skill. Multiple customers report thorough, efficient care and notable improvements. Overall, reviews reflect a high level of satisfaction with the center’s eye doctors and exam services.
- Prompt and pleasant reception, competent and courteous staff.
- Efficient and thorough care with minimal waiting time.
- Excellent patient treatment, good communication, and Covid protection.
2169 14th Ave SE, Albany, OR 97322
Dr. Drobeck’s eye care center receives excellent reviews from most patients, who praise the quality of care and customer service. While a small minority had concerns, the overwhelming consensus is that Dr. Drobeck and his team provide exceptional eye care and an excellent patient experience.
- Highly skilled staff: Multiple reviewers praise Dr. Drobeck and his team for their expertise and competency in providing eye care and exams.
- Positive recommendation: Several reviewers highly recommend this eye care center, indicating a satisfactory experience and overall satisfaction with the services provided.
Genstler Eye Center
2700 14th Ave SE, Albany, OR 97322
Genstler Eye Center provides compassionate care, though some patients had issues with appointment delays and glasses orders. While many praise the knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff, others met rude staff and inexperienced doctors. There are concerns regarding Covid safety protocols.
- Compassionate and patient care: The tech and Dr. Hubble were highly praised for their patience and kindness towards an elderly patient with hearing and cognitive issues.
- Competent and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff, who provided great service and made patients feel comfortable.
- Efficient service and clean office: One review highlighted the efficiency of the staff, a clean office space, and the latest styles in glasses.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
1330 Goldfish Farm Rd SE, Albany, OR 97322
Customers were pleased with the friendly, knowledgeable staff who provided great service at this Albany eye care center. Quick exams and easy fittings for glasses and contacts. Most customers recommend it, though some had prescription issues.
- Quick and efficient: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams and fittings were done in a short amount of time, allowing them to get their new contact lenses or glasses quickly.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the products and services offered.
- Convenient location: The fact that the eye care center is located inside a Walmart makes it easily accessible for customers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oregon
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oregon reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oregon, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oregon
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oregon.
- The In Oregon in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 12.3 compared to the overall percentage of 4.68 for the population without any risk factors. and In Oregon in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.06%) compared to the overall population (4.68%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.38%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oregon
- In Oregon, 4.68% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oregon
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.95% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oregon face even higher rates at 5.72%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oregon
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oregon.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 7.06% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oregon
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.65% of children in Oregon having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.74% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oregon
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.68% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oregon.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.