Best Eye Doctors In Tulsa, OK
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Tulsa Optometrists in Tulsa, Tulsa, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Tulsa reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Tulsa.
Tulsa Retina Consultants
2424 E 21st St #200, Tulsa, OK 74114
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its professional and knowledgeable staff. While some mention long appointment wait times, patients ultimately appreciate the thorough exams and quality care.
- Efficient and well-organized appointment process with different specialists handling each part of the eye exam.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate doctors who prioritize patient care and satisfaction.
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable and appreciated.
LOOK Eyecare & Eyewear
3746 S Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK 74105
The eye care center receives consistent positive feedback regarding their efficient and friendly staff. Patients describe the eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors like Dr. McDaniels and Dr. Chris as thorough and professional. The selection of frames is highly regarded. Many share that their visit was a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Efficient and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers emphasized that the staff at this eye care center were both efficient and friendly, ensuring that the eye exam process was quick and pleasant.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Customers praised the optometrists for their professionalism and thoroughness during eye exams, with one reviewer even mentioning that it was the most complete eye exam they had in years.
- Good frame selection: Several customers mentioned that there was a wide variety of frames to choose from, allowing them to find the perfect pair of glasses.
1701 S Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK 74120
Dr. Craig provides friendly, professional service with thorough eye exams and clear explanations. Patients find Midtown Eyecare efficient and comfortable, with staff eager to help select frames. Overall, it receives glowing reviews as a top choice for eye care.
- Dr. Craig and his staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, providing excellent customer service throughout the entire visit.
- The eye care center offers efficient scheduling and minimal disruption to work schedules, allowing for convenient eye exams.
- Patients feel well-informed and cared for during the comprehensive eye exams, with thorough explanations and personalized recommendations provided by Dr. Craig.
Dr. David R. Free
1223 S Peoria Ave # A, Tulsa, OK 74120
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients report Dr. Free is thorough and attentive, demonstrating deep knowledge while addressing all concerns. The helpful, friendly staff also receive consistent praise. With its excellent service, this center comes highly recommended.
- Efficient and prompt service: The eye care center gets patients in quickly for their exams and keeps appointments on time, allowing for a smooth and efficient experience.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: Dr. Free and his staff are highly knowledgeable, professional, and caring. They take the time to answer questions, listen to concerns, and provide thorough explanations.
- Personalized and comprehensive care: Dr. Free goes above and beyond for his patients, providing personalized care and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in optometry. The staff also offers helpful and friendly assistance throughout the entire visit.
Downtown Tulsa Eyecare
9 E 4th St #105, Tulsa, OK 74103
Downtown Tulsa Eyecare receives strong reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and thorough, efficient eye exams. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable and professional. The clean, comfortable office also draws positive feedback. In summary, reviewers recommend Downtown Tulsa Eyecare for quality eye care.
- Friendly and fast service: The eye care center is praised for their friendly and efficient service, making eye exams a pleasant and timely experience.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at the eye care center provide unparalleled customer service, going above and beyond to assist customers even if they are not clients yet. They are helpful, accommodating, and make customers feel welcome.
- Thorough and advanced eye exams: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at the center, which are described as quick and comprehensive. The center is also equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring proper diagnosis and care.
111 S Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK 74104
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for their helpful, friendly staff and quick, efficient service. Multiple reviewers mention the staff taking time to explain options thoroughly. However, one reviewer cites a negative experience involving disrespectful management. In general, most reviewers highly recommend this center for their excellent service and eyewear selection.
- Fast and comprehensive eye exams with helpful explanations and frame suggestions based on insurance and cost.
- Friendly and patient staff who take the time to ensure customers get the best deal on prescriptions and understand all aspects of their eye care.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors and staff who provide excellent customer service, explain conditions and treatments, and offer quick and efficient service.
Vision Care Direct of Oklahoma
1209 S Frankfort Ave, Tulsa, OK 74120
Vision Care Direct of Oklahoma offers affordable eye care from professional staff and a wide selection of frames. Most customers are pleased, though some suggest improving the website with more glasses options.
- Affordable prices: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were able to get eye exams and glasses at a very good price, saving significant amounts of money compared to other places.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many customers praised the professional and friendly staff, including the doctors, who were knowledgeable and helpful during their visits.
- Good insurance coverage: Several reviewers mentioned that the insurance plan provided by Vision Care Direct of Oklahoma had great coverage and saved them money. They appreciated being able to see their regular eye doctors and have a wide selection of providers to choose from.
The Eye Institute: Mark J. Weiss, M.D.
1717 S Utica Ave # 107, Tulsa, OK 74104
Dr. Weiss receives consistent positive feedback for his kind, gentle manner and clear explanations during eye exams. Patients value his compassionate approach and the professionalism of his office staff.
- Dr. Weiss is a kind and gentle doctor who explains what is going on with your eyes.
- The staff at this eye care center is highly praised for their professionalism and quality of service.
1717 S Utica Ave # 101, Tulsa, OK 74104
This eye care center is lauded for its efficient and professional staff. Appointments are prompt and the care attentive. Multiple reviewers highlight the expertise of the eye doctors.
- Efficient and punctual service: Reviewers mention that the staff and doctors at this eye care center were on time and took care of their needs promptly, indicating an efficient and professional environment.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Customers praise the eye doctors at this location, highlighting their expertise and the quality of care they provide, which implies that visitors can expect top-notch eye care services.
2000 S Wheeling Ave, Tulsa, OK 74104
Dr. Bennett receives consistent positive feedback for her expertise, chairside manner, and dedication to patients in Northeastern Oklahoma.
- Dr. Vanessa Bennett is highly regarded for her passion, expertise, and chair side manner, making her an exceptional choice for eye care.
- Patients in NE Oklahoma highly value her services, considering her an amazing asset in the area.
- Note: Based on the provided reviews, only one review was available to extract pros from.
Dr Phillip A. Gelwick, OD
1633 S Harvard Ave, Tulsa, OK 74112
Dr. Gelwick receives positive reviews for his kind, informative manner and knowledgeable staff. His office is nice and family-friendly. A few reviewers suggest clearer parking instructions would improve the experience.
- Dr. Gelwick is kind, knowledgeable, and explains everything in an understandable way.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional.
- The office is nice and the atmosphere is family-friendly.
Tulsa Eye Specialty
2121 S Columbia Ave Suite #300, Tulsa, OK 74114
One reviewer unfortunately went to the wrong location for their appointment, as the correct address was not provided. Another long-term patient commends Dr. Presley and staff for their professionalism, helpful attitude, and friendly approach. The other reviewers enthusiastically recommend this eye care center for the excellent, personalized service and caring staff.
- Professional, helpful, and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and treat them with utmost respect.
- Provides a personal touch and goes the extra mile to ensure patients can clearly see, resulting in life-changing experiences.
- Offers very good service with great customer service.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oklahoma
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oklahoma reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oklahoma, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oklahoma
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oklahoma.
- The The percentage of people in Oklahoma that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 6.33%. and In Oklahoma in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.57%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3.73%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oklahoma
- In Oklahoma, 6.57% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oklahoma
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.59% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.36% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oklahoma face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oklahoma
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oklahoma.
- 12.9% of those with diabetes and 10.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oklahoma
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.78% of children in Oklahoma having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.95% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oklahoma
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.57% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oklahoma.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.