Best Eye Doctors In Stillwater, OK
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Stillwater Optometrists in Stillwater, Stillwater, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Stillwater reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Stillwater.
Stillwater Vision Clinic
2123 W 6th Ave, Stillwater, OK 74074
Stillwater Vision Clinic provides attentive eye care and helpful service. Patients praise the doctors for thoroughly explaining exam results. The friendly, professional staff assists with selecting budget-friendly options. Customers recommend Stillwater for their eye care needs.
- Staff treats patients like healthcare providers rather than salespeople, focusing on eye care rather than eyewear.
- Doctors take the time to explain the results of the entire eye exam and provide excellent patient care.
- Friendly and professional staff who are attentive to patients' needs and provide prompt and polite customer service.
1932 N Perkins Rd, Stillwater, OK 74075
This eye care center is highly recommended for its excellent customer service, speedy appointments, and affordable pricing. Multiple reviewers have singled out staff members Kaylee, Tarah, and Candice for going above and beyond to help patients. Overall, customers report positive experiences and would refer others here.
- Excellent customer service, with friendly and helpful staff.
- Fast turnaround time for eye exams and making glasses.
- Affordable prices and great deals on multiple pairs of glasses.
707 S Western Rd, Stillwater, OK 74074
Stillwater EyeCare patients consistently describe knowledgeable and caring doctors, friendly staff, and clean facilities. Drs. Martin and Flood earn high marks for skill and attentiveness. Patients recommend Stillwater EyeCare for quality eye care and positive experiences.
- Highly recommended by multiple patients: Many reviewers highly recommend Stillwater EyeCare, praising the staff and doctors for their kindness, knowledge, and successful eye surgeries.
- Excellent care and expertise: Reviewers mention that the doctors, specifically Dr. Martin and Dr. Flood, provide excellent eye care, take the time to explain procedures, and are knowledgeable and confident in their diagnoses. The staff is also praised for their expertise and patient care.
- Friendly and welcoming environment: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at Stillwater EyeCare is friendly, caring, and helpful. Patients feel welcomed and comfortable during their visits, even amid the pandemic.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
111 N Perkins Rd, Stillwater, OK 74075
Customers reported overwhelmingly positive experiences at the eye care center, citing helpful and friendly staff. The frame selection was extensive with reasonable prices. Customer service was highly rated, with specific praise for Lance and Kailee’s exemplary service. Overall satisfaction with glasses quality and store cleanliness led customers to enthusiastically recommend this vision center.
- Friendly and helpful associates: Customers consistently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the associates at this eye care center. They provide excellent customer service and are a pleasure to work with.
- Wide selection of frames: The eye care center offers a large selection of frames, giving customers plenty of options to choose from when picking out new glasses.
- Good customer service and reasonable prices: Customers report receiving great customer service and finding reasonable prices for their glasses and eye care needs at this location. The staff is attentive and goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
EYE DOC Stillwater
1936 N Perkins Rd, Stillwater, OK 74075
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly staff, quality care from Dr. Loving, affordable exams, and walk-in availability. However, one review cites unprofessionalism and poor communication from Dr. Wadsworth. In general, reviews indicate good experiences, especially regarding customer service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the office, with staff members being described as helpful, kind, and patient.
- Affordable and quick service: The cost of exams is mentioned as a huge plus compared to other places, making it more accessible for those without eye insurance. Additionally, several reviews mention convenient walk-in options and quick appointment scheduling.
617 S Main St, Stillwater, OK 74074
The eye care center provides a positive experience for most customers, who compliment the knowledgeable, compassionate staff and thorough doctor exams. Patients feel they receive personalized, professional care, though some visits saw longer wait times and equipment issues. Overall, customers highly recommend the facility.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough examinations
- Excellent customer service and selection of stylish frames
- Dr. Walker is highly recommended, caring, and takes his time to answer questions and concerns
Matthew Flood, M.D.
707 S Western Rd, Stillwater, OK 74074
The eye care center receives predominantly positive feedback. Patients report thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Many are grateful for the excellent care and enthusiastically recommend the center.
- Thorough and genuine eye exams: Many reviewers praise the eye care center for providing comprehensive and thorough eye exams, indicating that the staff genuinely cares about their patients' health.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and courteous staff, highlighting their positive experiences with customer service. The staff's friendly demeanor helps create a calming atmosphere for patients.
- Highly knowledgeable and informative: Dr. Flood, the eye care center's physician, is praised for his expertise and ability to explain conditions and treatment options clearly. Patients appreciate his willingness to answer questions and address concerns, making them feel informed and reassured about their eye health.
Stillwater Internal Medicine
1301 W 6th Ave Suite 206, Stillwater, OK 74074
Dr. Cummings provides attentive, personalized eye care. Patients comment on his professional yet welcoming manner. His dedication to addressing concerns thoroughly while incorporating medical history makes patients feel well cared for. Prompt, efficient service in a hospitable environment.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The front staff makes patients feel welcome and the MA is described as very sweet.
- Attentive and knowledgeable doctor: Dr. Cummings takes the time to listen to patients' issues, answer questions, and shows concern and dedication to their care. He also reviews patients' records beforehand, making the time spent with him more focused on the examination and treatment.
- Prompt and professional service: The eye care center offers prompt service with a good balance of professional hospitality. Additionally, patients appreciate the efficient and timely experience provided.
Drummond Eye Clinic
420 S Knoblock St, Stillwater, OK 74074
Multiple reviewers highly recommend Dr. Snowden and Dr. Drummond, with one praising Dr. Drummond’s successful cataract surgery. Reviewers describe the staff as friendly and helpful, with one commending a staff member’s great customer service. The clinic is lauded for thorough exams, professionalism, and COVID precautions. However, some mention rushed appointments, poor service, and incorrect prescriptions. Overall, most reviews are positive about the doctors’ expertise and staff’s professionalism.
- Highly skilled doctors: Dr. Snowden and Dr. Drummond are both praised for their expertise in diagnosing and treating eye conditions, offering solutions, and performing successful surgeries. Patients appreciate their attention to detail and the excellent results they have achieved.
- Friendly and professional staff: The office staff and optometrists are consistently described as friendly, kind, helpful, and professional. Patients feel welcome and well-cared for during their visits.
- Thorough and safe: Many reviews mention the thoroughness of the eye exams and the clinic's adherence to COVID-19 precautions. Patients feel that they receive comprehensive care and appreciate the safety measures implemented by the clinic.
Marshall Walker, O.D.
617 S Main St, Stillwater, OK 74074
Patients appreciate the eye care center’s respectful and professional treatment. Dr. Marshall’s courteous, easy-going demeanor and attentiveness to questions receive positive reviews. Exams are thorough. The office atmosphere is pleasant.
- Excellent customer service: Customers consistently mention that they are treated with respect and professionalism, creating a positive experience when visiting for eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Dr. Marshall is described as courteous and easy-going, making patients feel at ease during their appointments. The mention of a great team suggests a collaborative and friendly atmosphere.
- Thorough examinations: Customers appreciate the comprehensive and detailed eye examinations provided by the eye care center. This indicates that the center prioritizes accuracy and ensures a high standard of care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oklahoma
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oklahoma reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oklahoma, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oklahoma
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oklahoma.
- The The percentage of people in Oklahoma that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 6.33%. and In Oklahoma in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.57%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3.73%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oklahoma
- In Oklahoma, 6.57% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oklahoma
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.59% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.36% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oklahoma face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oklahoma
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oklahoma.
- 12.9% of those with diabetes and 10.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oklahoma
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.78% of children in Oklahoma having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.95% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oklahoma
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.57% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oklahoma.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.