Best Eye Doctors In Lawton, OK
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lawton Optometrists in Lawton, Lawton, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lawton reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lawton.
1011 SE 1st St, Lawton, OK 73501
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its organization, friendly and knowledgeable staff, convenient location, competitive pricing, and wide selection. While largely positive, some reviewers note areas for improvement.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews emphasize the helpfulness and knowledge of the staff, making it easier for customers to find what they need and receive assistance with their purchases.
- Well-stocked and organized: Customers appreciate the clean and well-organized environment of the store, as well as the wide variety of products available.
- Overall, the eye care center appears to have a staff that provides excellent customer service and a store that is well-stocked and easy to navigate.
Complete Eye Care – Lawton
4250 NW Cache Rd, Lawton, OK 73505
Customers consistently commended the professionalism and friendliness of Complete Eye Care’s staff, highlighting positive experiences with the eye doctors during comprehensive exams. While exam prices were competitive, some found lens and frame prices high compared to other providers. A reviewer expressed frustration over being charged for a redundant retinal scan. Overall, customers were satisfied with the thorough exams and care from the knowledgeable doctors and attentive staff.
- Professional atmosphere with modern technology advancements for a comprehensive eye exam.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff with competitive prices for complete eye exams.
- Efficient and thorough process for new patients, from paperwork to exam room, with clear explanation of charges and insurance coverage.
3414 NW Cache Rd Ste D, Lawton, OK 73505
EyeMart Express customers consistently praised the knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful staff. Many were impressed by the quick glasses turnaround and intend to remain loyal customers.
- Excellent service: Multiple reviews mention the excellent service provided by the staff at this eye care center. They are described as friendly, helpful, and professional, ensuring a positive experience for customers.
- Knowledgeable staff: Reviewers appreciate the knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. They mention that the doctors and employees are highly skilled and take the time to explain the eye exam results and optical options in detail.
- Fast service: Several reviews highlight the fast service provided by this eye care center. Customers mention that they had little to no wait time and that their glasses were ready within a short period, sometimes even within an hour.
4 NW Sheridan Rd, Lawton, OK 73505
Customers mostly had positive experiences at this eye care center, highlighting the warm and knowledgeable staff, especially Rochelle, Alex and Shelby. They provided helpful assistance during eye exams and with frame selections. One customer was disappointed their exam was done remotely by video, feeling it lacked personal interaction. However, most customers were satisfied with the service and would recommend this place.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center was warm, helpful, and professional. They were appreciative of the friendly and patient service they received from the team.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exam process at this location was quick, efficient, and streamlined. They were able to get in and out of the center in a timely manner, which was appreciated.
- Wide selection of frames: Many reviewers noted that this eye care center had a great selection of frames to choose from. They were pleased with the variety and quality of frames available, making it easier for them to find the perfect pair.
Fort Sill Optometry Care
1718 Macomb Rd, Fort Sill, OK 73503
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for its friendly, caring staff. Dr. Nielsen draws particular acclaim for his exceptional care and expertise with children. Patients also appreciate the clinic’s efficiency, convenience, and helpful front desk staff. Overall, customers strongly endorse this office for its excellent service in a welcoming environment.
- Friendly and caring staff, especially towards children.
- Dr. Nielsen is impressive, kind, and takes the time to explain everything.
- Quick, efficient, and thorough eye exams with a welcoming and helpful staff.
Oklahoma Eye Institute – Lawton Location
5370 NW Cache Rd Suite #6, Lawton, OK 73505
Customers recommend the eye care center at 5370 NW Cache Rd Ste. 6 in Lawton, OK for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and excellent patient care from Dr. Curtis. The facility is clean and efficient. More handicapped parking is suggested, but customers overall praise the professional, specialized eye care.
- Friendly and welcoming staff who make patients feel at ease.
- Knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough and efficient care.
- Excellent customer service and personalized attention to patients' needs.
The Family Vision Clinic
1302 SW C Ave, Lawton, OK 73501
Family Vision clinic in Lawton is lauded for its knowledgeable, compassionate doctors like Drs. Kristina Flint and Kyle Head. Patients praise the caring approach of staff during first visits. The clinic accommodates emergencies and provides fast, quality service.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate doctors: Many reviewers mention Dr. Kristina Flint and Dr. Kyle Head as being excellent and providing great care. They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and are praised for going above and beyond for their patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The office staff is consistently mentioned as being friendly and helpful. They are described as sweet, and reviewers appreciate the extra time and care they take with patients. The staff is also good with children and help them pick out frames.
- Affordable and excellent service: The clinic is described as affordable, and many reviewers appreciate the fast and excellent service they received. One reviewer mentions being able to find complete coverage for their daughter's exam, while another appreciates the communication skills of the staff and doctors.
- Overall, reviewers recommend this eye care center for its knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, and excellent service.
Laura England, OD
4250 NW Cache Rd, Lawton, OK 73505
Dr. England receives excellent reviews for her professional and attentive care. Patients appreciate the eye center’s friendly staff, clean facilities, and helpful service.
- Dr. England is an excellent and professional doctor who follows up with her patients and explains their situation in detail.
- The staff at the eye care center is friendly and provides the help that customers are looking for.
- The environment is clean and maintained well.
Complete Eye Care: Claboen Shane OD
409 SW C Ave, Lawton, OK 73501
Complete Eye Care provided a positive experience. The friendly staff created a welcoming environment and patiently explained exam results.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at Complete Eye Care is known for being friendly and welcoming, making patients feel at ease during their visit.
- Thorough explanation of eye health: Dr. Howard Ross takes the time to thoroughly explain what is going on with each patient's eyes, showing them the films and discussing them in detail. This helps patients better understand their eye health.
Dr. Kevin Stieb
1415 W Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK 73501
The eye care center provides quality eye care in a clean office environment. Patients have access to a wide selection of contact lenses and eyeglass frames. Staff are friendly and attentive.
- Clean office: The eye care center has a clean and well-maintained office environment, which can contribute to a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Good contact & glasses options: The center offers a wide range of contact lens and glasses options, providing patients with a variety of choices to suit their visual needs and preferences.
- Friendly staff: The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly, creating a welcoming and helpful atmosphere for patients seeking eye exams and care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oklahoma
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oklahoma reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oklahoma, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oklahoma
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oklahoma.
- The The percentage of people in Oklahoma that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 6.33%. and In Oklahoma in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.57%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3.73%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oklahoma
- In Oklahoma, 6.57% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oklahoma
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.59% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.36% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oklahoma face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oklahoma
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oklahoma.
- 12.9% of those with diabetes and 10.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oklahoma
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.78% of children in Oklahoma having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.95% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oklahoma
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.57% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oklahoma.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.