Best Eye Doctors In Grove, OK
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Grove Optometrists in Grove, Grove, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Grove reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Grove.
Eyecare of Grand Lake
720 S Main St, Grove, OK 74344
The Eye Care of Grand Lake receives positive reviews for their professional and friendly staff, especially Dr. Barnwell’s expertise and attentive care. Patients describe the office as clean, welcoming and efficient, with minimal waiting times. Overall, reviewers report satisfactory eye exam experiences.
- Highly professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough and detailed, with state-of-the-art equipment. The optometrists were praised for their knowledge and competence, ensuring a comprehensive examination.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center were consistently described as friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. They were patient with both adults and children, took the time to explain procedures, and provided excellent customer service.
- Clean and comfortable facility: Several reviews mentioned that the office was clean, comfortable, and welcoming. This created a pleasant environment for patients during their eye care visits.
Grove Eye Center
1013 S Main St, Grove, OK 74344
Grove Eye Center is highly recommended for its attentive and caring optometrists like Dr. Lay and Dr. Barnes. Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, especially Shell and Samantha. The center offers a wide selection of glasses and maintains clean facilities. Patients report receiving excellent eye care in a pleasant environment suitable for adults and children.
- The eye care center takes more time and care than other optometrists, providing a thorough and attentive experience.
- The staff at Grove Eye Center is friendly and helpful, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Dr. Barnes and her staff are highly recommended, providing excellent eye care for the whole family.
1105 S Main St, Grove, OK 74344
The reviews for Burke Eyecare highlight Dr. Burke’s compassionate approach and thorough exams, particularly for children and individuals with special needs. Customers also commend the knowledgeable, helpful staff. A few isolated complaints exist around dilation communication and glasses pricing, but feedback is overwhelmingly positive overall.
- Dr. Burke and his staff provide excellent, thorough, and patient-centered eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and goes above and beyond to ensure a pleasant and welcoming experience.
- The clinic offers a wide selection of glasses and contacts, and the staff is helpful in guiding patients to choose affordable options.
7370 S Olympia Ave Space #C-19, Tulsa, OK 74132
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff and informative, efficient exams. Customers also appreciate the selection of glasses. However, one reviewer mentioned a last-minute cancellation without notification.
- Friendly, helpful, and professional staff.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors who explain everything clearly.
- Easy scheduling and efficient appointments.
Dr. Ramie Lay
1013 S Main St, Grove, OK 74345
The eye care center’s staff earn consistent praise for their friendly, attentive service and high-quality care. While some patients report longer than average wait times, most describe competent, thorough eye exams and a welcoming office environment.
- Personable and Professional: The staff at this eye care center is noted for being personable and professional, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Excellent Quality of Care: Multiple reviews commend the excellent quality of care provided at this location, suggesting that patients can expect top-notch service and attention to their eye health needs.
Sherl Moore OD
415 N Wilson St, Vinita, OK 74301
Customers were pleased with the care and attention received at this eye care center, from the front desk staff to the optometrists themselves. Patients found the optometrists to be both kind and knowledgeable, leading many to consider this their preferred optometry office for ongoing eye care needs.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are genuinely caring and focused on addressing their issues. This suggests that visitors can expect a welcoming and compassionate environment.
- Knowledgeable professionals: Another review highlights that the staff at this center are knowledgeable. This indicates that visitors can trust the expertise of the optometrists and other eye care professionals working there.
- Positive experiences: One reviewer specifically states having a thoroughly enjoyable experience from start to finish. This suggests that visitors can anticipate a pleasant and satisfactory visit to this eye care center.
Grand Lake Eye Care
601 E 13th St, Grove, OK 74344
The eye care center’s experienced doctors provide thorough exams. Patients appreciate the friendly, professional staff who make visits efficient and pleasant. A wide selection of eyewear is available with excellent service to find the right fit.
- The staff at this eye care center were extremely knowledgeable and helpful during my eye exam. They addressed all of my concerns and answered all of my questions in a friendly and professional manner."
- I was impressed with the state-of-the-art equipment used during my eye exam at this center. It gave me confidence that I was receiving a thorough and accurate assessment of my eyes."
- The eye care center has a great selection of eyewear options. The staff assisted me in finding the perfect frames that matched my style and fit comfortably."
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oklahoma
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oklahoma reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oklahoma, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oklahoma
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oklahoma.
- The The percentage of people in Oklahoma that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 6.33%. and In Oklahoma in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.57%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3.73%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oklahoma
- In Oklahoma, 6.57% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oklahoma
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.59% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.36% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oklahoma face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oklahoma
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oklahoma.
- 12.9% of those with diabetes and 10.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oklahoma
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.78% of children in Oklahoma having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.95% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oklahoma
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.57% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oklahoma.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.