Best Eye Doctors In Claremore, OK
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Claremore Optometrists in Claremore, Claremore, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Claremore reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Claremore.
Eye Care of Claremore
221 S Florence Ave Ste 150, Claremore, OK 74017
Eye Care of Claremore receives positive reviews for their friendly staff, thorough exams, affordable frames, and excellent doctors like Drs. Cheek and Kuykendall, providing a welcoming, efficient, and respectful experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Eye Care of Claremore is friendly and helpful. They are praised for their professionalism and making patients feel welcome.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and detailed. Patients appreciate the doctors taking the time to examine their eyes carefully and explain the results.
- Knowledgeable and informative: Reviewers mention that the doctors at Eye Care of Claremore are knowledgeable and informative. They provide detailed explanations about eye health and answer patients' questions completely.
Collinsville Primary Eye Care
1103 W Center St, Collinsville, OK 74021
The eye care center is well-regarded for the friendliness and helpfulness of their staff. Patients describe the doctors as thorough, knowledgeable and attentive to questions. The office has a cheerful atmosphere and provides comprehensive eye exams. Many customers strongly recommend them for eye care.
- Detailed and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this center were highly detailed and thorough, making them feel confident in their choice to go there.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. From the office staff to the doctors and technicians, the staff was described as pleasant, kind, and knowledgeable.
- Quick and prompt service: Several reviewers appreciated the efficient service they received, with short wait times and the ability to schedule appointments quickly. The office was described as running like a well-oiled machine.
12413 E 96th St N, Owasso, OK 74055
Customers valued the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center, noting Leiha’s exceptional service. They found the walk-in availability and same-day glasses and contacts convenient. Some experienced delays receiving glasses and suggested streamlining insurance processing.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, particularly Leiha, who went above and beyond to assist customers and make them feel comfortable.
- Efficient and convenient appointments: Customers appreciated the quick and smooth eye exam process, including the availability of walk-in appointments and the use of telemedicine for virtual exams. Reviewers also mentioned being able to find glasses and contacts that met their needs on the same day as their exam.
Lacy N. Crissup, OD
212 E Blue Starr Dr, Claremore, OK 74017
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their kind, friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors. Long-time patients cite minimal wait times. Dr. Crissup comes highly recommended, especially for young children. A few customers expressed concerns over payment policy changes, but most are satisfied with the quality care.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mention how kind, friendly, and patient the staff at this eye care center are, even when dealing with difficult or uncooperative patients, including young children.
- Knowledgeable and experienced doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are described as knowledgeable, experienced, and professional. They provide personalized attention, explain procedures and options thoroughly, and are praised for their expertise in diagnosing and prescribing eye prescriptions.
- Efficient and timely service: Many reviews mention the short wait times for appointments and how quickly they were seen by the doctors. This indicates that the center values efficiency and respects their patients' time.
Claremore Primary Eyecare
1402 N Sioux Ave, Claremore, OK 74017
The optometrists provide pleasant, helpful care during exams. Though some patients report long waits and limited eyewear options, the friendly staff makes patients feel comfortable. The clinic is generally well reviewed for professional, thorough eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were kind, accommodating, and made them feel comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough and professional care: Several reviews mentioned that the optometrists at this facility provided thorough and knowledgeable care, taking the time to explain procedures and address concerns.
- Excellent customer service: Despite some negative experiences with delays or communication, there were also positive reviews praising the customer service provided by the staff and doctors at this eye care center.
Dr. Rigney Eyecare and Eyewear
11880 East 86th St N, Owasso, OK 74055
Dr. Rigney provides excellent service for contact lens fittings. His eye exams are thorough and he stays current with advanced contact lens technology. Patients appreciate his kindness, expertise and patience. His friendly office staff complements the quality care he provides.
- Dr. Rigney provides thorough eye exams and offers advanced contact lens options, including technologically advanced contacts for reading and night driving.
- Dr. Rigney is highly knowledgeable, kind, and helpful, providing excellent service and a caring and complete examination.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and patient, assisting with selecting glasses and teaching techniques for wearing contacts.
9021 N 121st E Ave #100a, Owasso, OK 74055
Dr. Cobb provides exceptional eye care at Loving EyeCare, where he is known for his expertise, professionalism, and personalized care. The clinic offers a warm, inviting atmosphere with an attentive staff. However, some patients have noted scheduling problems and unprofessional front office staff. In general, Dr. Cobb and his team deliver quality eye care.
- Exceptional eye care: Dr. Cobb at Loving EyeCare is highly praised for his expertise, professionalism, and dedication to providing top-notch eye care. Patients feel confident in his abilities and appreciate his thoroughness in conducting comprehensive eye exams.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The staff at Loving EyeCare are described as friendly, attentive, and helpful. Patients feel welcomed and comfortable from the moment they step into the clinic, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Personalized care and patient-centered approach: Dr. Cobb takes the time to listen to patients' concerns, thoroughly explain each step of the examination, and answer questions with patience and clarity. He is commended for his commitment to ensuring that patients understand their eye health and feel comfortable throughout the process.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Oklahoma
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Oklahoma reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Oklahoma, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Oklahoma
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Oklahoma.
- The The percentage of people in Oklahoma that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 6.33%. and In Oklahoma in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.3%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.57%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3.73%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Oklahoma
- In Oklahoma, 6.57% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Oklahoma
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.59% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.36% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Oklahoma face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Oklahoma
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Oklahoma.
- 12.9% of those with diabetes and 10.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Oklahoma
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.78% of children in Oklahoma having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.95% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Oklahoma
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.57% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Oklahoma.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.