Best LASIK Surgeon In Strongsville, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Strongsville LASIK Surgeons in Strongsville, Strongsville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Strongsville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Strongsville.
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland
6500 Rockside Rd #100, Cleveland, OH 44131
Current Specials: FREE CONSULTATION
The Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland are highly regarded for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and informative consultations. Patients report the procedure is quick and painless, with many seeing improved vision right away. Their exemplary follow-up care further establishes this as a top choice for Lasik in Cleveland.
- Welcoming and Comfortable Atmosphere: The staff at Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland make patients feel welcomed and comfortable throughout the entire process, from the free consultation to the day of the surgery.
- Painless and Quick Procedure: Many reviewers mention that the actual Lasik procedure was painless and quick, with some experiencing immediate improvement in their vision.
- Knowledgeable and Caring Staff: The staff at LVC is described as knowledgeable, caring, and professional. They take the time to explain the process and answer any questions, making patients feel confident and well-informed.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6000 Lombardo Center Ste 150, Seven Hills, OH 44131
Patients rave about the LASIK Vision Institute’s efficient staff, quick and painless procedures, and excellent vision results of 20/15 or better. They appreciate the professional, friendly staff who answer questions and explain the process thoroughly. Highly recommended.
- Efficient and quick process: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at The LASIK Vision Institute got them in quickly after the initial consultation and also got them out quickly after the procedure. This indicates a smooth and efficient process, which is important for those seeking a hassle-free experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Numerous reviews mention the friendly and professional nature of the staff at The LASIK Vision Institute. This positive feedback indicates that patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results: Many reviews highlight the successful outcomes of the LASIK procedure at The LASIK Vision Institute. Patients mention improved vision, some even surpassing 20/20 with 20/15 vision. This demonstrates the expertise and skill of the surgeons at the practice.
Clear Choice Custom LASIK Center
7001 S Edgerton Rd d, Brecksville, OH 44141
Clear Choice Lasik Surgeon practice has received glowing reviews for their professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff who ensure patients feel well cared for. Many noted the fast, painless procedure and quality follow-up resulting in excellent long-term outcomes. Patients also appreciated the clean, welcoming facility and special touches like fresh baked cookies. Overall, Clear Choice comes highly recommended for their outstanding patient care and life-changing results.
- Professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention how the staff at Clear Choice is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, making the overall experience comfortable and reassuring.
- Excellent patient care: Reviews consistently highlight the exceptional care provided by Clear Choice, from the free consultation to post-operative check-ups. Patients feel well taken care of throughout the entire process.
- High-quality results: Many reviews mention that the procedure was quick and painless, with patients experiencing improved vision and even achieving 20/20 or better vision. The positive results contribute to the overall satisfaction with Clear Choice.
Davis Eye Center
789 Graham Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Davis Eye Center patients report excellent results from skilled surgeons performing efficient, comfortable procedures. Patients feel at ease with the friendly, helpful staff throughout the process. Highly recommended for eye services.
- Highly recommended: Multiple reviews mention that Davis Eye Center comes highly recommended by people who have had successful surgeries and positive experiences. This indicates a high level of patient satisfaction and trust in the practice.
- Skilled and efficient surgeon: Many reviewers praise the surgeon, Dr. Davis, for his expertise and ability to perform surgeries quickly and with minimal pain. This highlights the surgeon's proficiency and the overall quality of surgical procedures at the center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews mention the kind and helpful nature of the staff at Davis Eye Center. The staff members are noted for making patients feel at ease throughout the entire process, from initial consultation to post-surgery follow-up. This friendly atmosphere contributes to the overall positive experience at the practice.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.