Best LASIK Surgeon In Pickerington, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Pickerington LASIK Surgeons in Pickerington, Pickerington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Pickerington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Pickerington.
Bloomberg Eye Center
3600 Stelzer Rd, Columbus, OH 43219
The Bloomberg Eye Center receives consistently positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients feel at ease and informed regarding their vision care. The doctors take time to explain procedures and answer questions, delivering professional service. Many patients recommend the practice based on their positive experiences.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Bloomberg Eye Center for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Thorough and informative: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the exams and consultations at Bloomberg Eye Center. The doctors took the time to explain procedures, answer questions, and address concerns, leaving patients feeling well-informed.
- Successful and efficient procedures: Several reviewers mentioned successful surgeries and treatments at Bloomberg Eye Center. They were impressed with the results and felt that their vision was greatly improved. Additionally, many reviewers praised the efficiency of the center, noting short wait times and prompt appointments.
Columbus Laser & Cataract Center
6357 N Hamilton Rd, Westerville, OH 43081
The lasik surgeons at Columbus Laser and Cataract Center are highly skilled and deliver great results. Patients consistently cite clear communication, a comfortable experience, and perfect vision after surgery. The professional and friendly staff receives glowing reviews for their attentiveness. Many patients enthusiastically recommend this practice for quality lasik eye care.
- Excellent communication and patient care throughout the procedure, making patients feel comfortable and informed.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeons who are attentive to patients' issues and concerns.
- Efficient and organized team, resulting in a smooth and painless experience with improved vision outcomes.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4030 Easton Station #220, Columbus, OH 43219
The Lasik Vision Institute receives high marks for their friendly, professional staff and skilled surgeons like Dr. Altman and Dr. Doyle. Patients describe affordable, customized experiences resulting in life-changing vision correction.
- Affordable prices: The Lasik Vision Institute offers the most affordable prices among other LASIK providers.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention the helpfulness, friendliness, and kindness of the staff members. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Smooth and quick procedure: Many reviewers highlight the smooth and quick nature of the LASIK procedure at The Lasik Vision Institute. The surgery is described as painless and efficient, with improved vision noticed shortly after the procedure.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
6670 Perimeter Dr Suite 155, Dublin, OH 43016
Patients reported very positive experiences with this LASIK surgeon, highlighting the quick and easy procedure. Many were impressed by the friendly, professional staff and excellent care received. Numerous patients woke up the next day with clear vision and appreciated the transformative results. Overall, strong recommendations for this practice’s LASIK surgery.
- Quick and easy procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the surgery was quick, easy, and over before they knew it. They appreciated the efficiency of the procedure.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Numerous reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, supportive, and informative. They felt comfortable and reassured throughout the process.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers reported improved vision, often achieving 20/20 or better. They expressed satisfaction with the outcome and considered the procedure worth the cost.
- Note: Direct quotes were edited for clarity and conciseness.
Arena Eye Surgeons
262 Neil Ave #320, Columbus, OH 43215
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice emphasize the comprehensive examinations, skilled surgeons, and welcoming staff. Patients appreciate the attentive care and surgical expertise, as well as the professionalism across all team members. Many share stories of successful procedures and clearer vision, voicing appreciation for the high-caliber treatment received. In summary, reviewers strongly endorse this practice for its knowledgeable doctors and patient-focused approach.
- Thorough check-up: The practice is known for conducting thorough check-ups, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of each patient's needs.
- Excellent surgeons: Dr. Zkley, Dr. Shah, Dr. Bowers, and Dr. Kirkland are highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons who provide excellent care.
- Friendly and caring staff: The entire staff, from the front office to the support staff, is friendly, caring, and takes the time to explain each step of the process, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
Bloomberg Eye Center
1651 W Main St, Newark, OH 43055
The lasik surgery practice has received highly positive feedback. Patients found the staff to be caring, knowledgeable and professional. The surgeons were commended for explaining procedures clearly and achieving excellent vision outcomes.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff, highlighting the positive and welcoming atmosphere of the practice.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviewers praised the promptness and efficiency of the practice, indicating that they were seen in a timely manner and received quick and efficient service.
- Professional and excellent eye care: Many reviewers commended the professionalism and expertise of the doctors and staff, emphasizing the high-quality eye care they received during their visit or procedure.
ReVision Lasik and Cataract Surgery
1080 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH 43240
Patients consistently commend ReVision’s professional, knowledgeable staff. Specific surgeons like Dr. Litzinger, Dr. Schumer, and Dr. Nolan impress with surgical expertise and affable bedside manner. Patients appreciate the team’s clear surgical explanations, rapid and painless procedures, and quality aftercare.
- Professional, knowledgeable, and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at ReVision being professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. This indicates a high level of expertise and a positive patient experience.
- Excellent doctors: Many patients praise the skills and expertise of the doctors, particularly Dr. Litzinger, Dr. Schumer, and Dr. Nolan. Patients mention feeling confident and well-cared for during their procedures.
- Satisfactory results: Numerous reviews mention being extremely happy with the results of their procedures, such as LASIK, cataract surgery, and refractory lens replacement surgery. Many patients achieved improved vision and no longer required glasses or contacts.
LasikPlus: Dr. Joseph Thomas
4030 Easton Station #220, Columbus, OH 43219
This lasik surgeon provides an efficient, seamless process with exceptional results. Patients describe friendly, professional staff who offer personalized pre- and post-surgery care. The clinic’s cleanliness protocols satisfy patients. Most achieve 20/20 vision and are thrilled with their surgeon’s attention to detail.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mention the staff at the lasik surgeon practice as being nice, friendly, and amazing, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers report experiencing significant improvements in their vision after the procedure, with some achieving 20/20 vision. The success of the surgery is attributed to the expertise of the surgeon.
- Comprehensive care and communication: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the practice, with doctors addressing all their questions and concerns at every step of the process. Additionally, the surgeon contacts patients before and after the surgery to ensure they are doing well, showing a commitment to their well-being.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.