Best LASIK Surgeon In Parma, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Parma LASIK Surgeons in Parma, Parma, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Parma reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Parma.
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland
6500 Rockside Rd #100, Cleveland, OH 44131
The staff at Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland receives consistent praise for their welcoming and knowledgeable demeanor. Patients report quick, painless procedures resulting in life-changing vision improvement. Doctors thoroughly explain the process and provide attentive follow-up care, instilling confidence and comfort. Many regret not having the surgery sooner and happily recommend the center.
- Informative and Welcoming: The free consultation at Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland is highly praised for being informative and helping patients feel welcomed and comfortable. The staff is described as friendly and knowledgeable, making the entire process easy and seamless.
- Skilled Surgeon and Team: The surgeon, Dr. Eippert, and his team are commended for their expertise and professionalism during the procedure. Patients mention feeling calm and confident with the surgeon's presence, and the surgery itself is described as painless and quick.
- Excellent Results and Life-Changing Experience: Many patients express their satisfaction with the results of their Lasik surgery. They mention experiencing improved vision immediately after the procedure and appreciate the follow-up appointments to ensure proper healing. The positive outcomes and life-changing experiences make them highly recommend Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6000 Lombardo Center Ste 150, Seven Hills, OH 44131
The LASIK Vision Institute receives consistently positive feedback from patients regarding their surgical experience and practices. Patients report efficient appointment scheduling, brief procedures, and excellent vision within days. The professional yet friendly staff helps patients feel at ease through every step. Patients strongly recommend this practice for those considering LASIK.
- Efficient and Quick: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the LASIK Vision Institute was able to schedule appointments and procedures quickly, minimizing wait times and making the overall process fast and efficient.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Several reviewers praised the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff at the LASIK Vision Institute. They felt comfortable and well-supported throughout the entire experience.
- Excellent Results: Many reviewers reported significant improvement in their vision, with some achieving 20/15 vision or better. The positive outcomes and life-changing results contributed to their satisfaction with the LASIK procedure.
Clear Choice Custom LASIK Center
7001 S Edgerton Rd d, Brecksville, OH 44141
Clear Choice Lasik patients report exceptional service and positive outcomes. The knowledgeable staff provides a professional, friendly, and comforting experience. The state-of-the-art facility and streamlined process result in quick, painless surgery with life-changing results. Patients recommend Clear Choice for their exceptional LASIK experience.
- Professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the staff at Clear Choice. This can provide reassurance and comfort to potential patients.
- Comfortable and welcoming environment: Many reviewers praise Clear Choice for their clean and inviting facilities, as well as amenities like fresh baked cookies and complimentary beverages. This creates a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Successful procedures and life-changing results: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction with the procedure, stating that it was quick, painless, and life-changing. They report improved vision, often surpassing expectations, and recommend Clear Choice as a reliable option for LASIK surgery.
Clear Choice Custom LASIK Center
36991 American Way, Avon, OH 44011
Clear Choice LASIK receives consistently positive reviews for their excellent patient experience and life-changing results. Patients commend the friendly, knowledgeable staff, singling out Tim and Dr. Shamik for providing superb care. The modern facility and relaxing atmosphere also draw praise. With an outstanding reputation for personalized service and surgical excellence, Clear Choice emerges as a premier choice for laser eye surgery.
- Excellent staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at Clear Choice LASIK is friendly, informative, and helpful throughout the entire process. They make patients feel comfortable, answer all questions, and provide thorough explanations, making the experience enjoyable.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their happiness with the fantastic results of their LASIK procedures. They highlight how the surgery improved their vision significantly, sometimes even better than glasses or contacts, and how it positively impacted their lives.
- State-of-the-art technology: Clear Choice LASIK is praised for its use of cutting-edge technology, such as Topography-guided LASIK and the intralase procedure. Reviewers appreciate the advanced techniques used, resulting in excellent outcomes with minimal pain and complications.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.