Best LASIK Surgeon In Chillicothe, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 115 LASIK Surgeons in Chillicothe, OH, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 4471 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Chillicothe.
4030 Easton Station Suite 220 A, Columbus, OH 43219
The reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Customers rave about the professionalism, care, and support provided by the team. Many reviewers mention feeling comfortable and at ease with the surgeon, who walks them through each step of the procedure. The quick turnaround time, excellent results, and life-changing experience are also highlighted in the positive reviews.
- The team and staff are exceptionally professional, caring, and supportive throughout the entire process, making patients feel at ease.
- Dr. Thomas is extremely kind and walks patients through every step of the quick procedure, ensuring comfort and understanding.
- The entire process is seamless, from the initial consultation to the surgery and follow-up. The staff is efficient and highly informative, making it easy for anyone contemplating Lasik to feel confident in their decision.
Bloomberg Eye Center
3600 Stelzer Rd, Columbus, OH 43219
Patients have given positive reviews for Bloomberg Eye Center, praising the knowledgeable and friendly staff who provide excellent customer service. Patients appreciated the thorough exams and clear explanations of procedures. Many patients highly recommend the center for Lasik and PRK surgeries, noting the professionalism and caring nature of the staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at Bloomberg Eye Center, with patients feeling comfortable and well-informed about their vision care.
- Professional and thorough exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and the professionalism of the doctors and assistants at Bloomberg, providing confidence in the quality of care received.
- Exceptional customer service: Many reviews praise the exceptional customer service at Bloomberg Eye Center, with staff going above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for patients.
Columbus Laser & Cataract Center
6357 N Hamilton Rd, Westerville, OH 43081
Patients consistently praised the communication and professionalism of the staff at Columbus Laser and Cataract Center. Many reviewers mentioned feeling comfortable and well-cared for throughout their procedures. Dr. Weber was frequently mentioned as highly skilled and the overall experience was described as top-notch. Patients also highlighted the exceptional follow-up care and successful outcomes of their surgeries. Overall, the practice came highly recommended for LASIK and cataract procedures.
- Great communication and comfort: Multiple reviews mentioned that the lasik surgeon practice provided great communication throughout the process, making patients feel comfortable with the procedure.
- Highly professional and attentive staff: Patients praised the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff, who were described as knowledgeable, friendly, and caring. Reviewers also highlighted the prompt response to phone calls and the attentive nature of the service.
- Excellent surgical skills: Many reviews mentioned the exceptional skills of the surgeon, with patients reporting excellent results and improved vision. The surgeons were described as skilled, competent, and thorough.
- Overall, the pros include great communication, professional and attentive staff, and excellent surgical skills leading to high patient satisfaction and improved vision.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
6670 Perimeter Dr Suite 155, Dublin, OH 43016
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the quick and easy procedure, friendly and professional staff, and excellent results. Many reviewers mention being able to see clearly without glasses or contacts, and express gratitude for the life-changing experience. The staff's knowledge, professionalism, and kindness are frequently praised, and the overall care and service provided by the practice receive high marks.
- Quick and easy procedure that is over before you know it.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide excellent care from start to finish.
- Many reviewers experienced improved vision within a short period of time after the surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article