Best LASIK Surgeon In Canton, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Canton LASIK Surgeons in Canton, Canton, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Canton reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Canton.
6800 Rockside Rd Unit A, Independence, OH 44131
Current Specials: Save 20%* On LASIK
LasikPlus patients appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and efficient, organized processes. Many experienced 20/20 vision shortly after their quick, painless procedures and were very satisfied. Patients commend the professional, knowledgeable doctors who provide personalized care and follow-up post-surgery. Reviews highlight the practice’s life-changing results and excellent service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this lasik surgeon practice were nice, patient, and made them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Efficient and organized: Reviewers were impressed with the efficiency and organization of the practice. They mentioned that everything went smoothly, from the consultation to the surgery itself, which gave them confidence in the staff.
- Quick recovery and excellent results: Many reviewers were thrilled with their 20/20 vision shortly after the procedure. They mentioned that the recovery was quicker than expected and that they were able to see better than ever before.
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland
6500 Rockside Rd #100, Cleveland, OH 44131
The Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland is highly regarded for their friendly and knowledgeable staff who put patients at ease through every step of the process. Patients report the surgery is quick and comfortable, with many noticing vision improvements right away. This experienced center comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland were welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable. They made patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the follow-up appointments.
- Painless and quick procedure: Multiple reviewers stated that the actual Lasik procedure was painless and quick. They experienced minimal discomfort and were able to see better immediately after the surgery. Some even mentioned that they wished they had done it sooner.
- Excellent results and life-changing experience: Numerous reviewers expressed satisfaction with the results of their Lasik surgery. They reported improved vision, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision. Many reviewers described the experience as life-changing and highly recommended Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland to others.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6000 Lombardo Center Ste 150, Seven Hills, OH 44131
The LASIK Vision Institute delivers excellent patient care and results. Their knowledgeable, friendly staff guide patients through the quick, painless procedure and follow-up. Many patients see 20/15 or better soon after surgery. Highly recommended for LASIK candidates.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, making the entire process from consultation to follow-up appointments quick and painless.
- Many reviewers experienced improved vision of 20/15 or better, allowing them to see clearly without glasses or contacts.
- The surgeries are quick, efficient, and successful, with many reviewers reporting a smooth and easy process, including quick recovery times.
Clear Choice Custom LASIK Center
7001 S Edgerton Rd d, Brecksville, OH 44141
Clear Choice Lasik Surgeons receives rave reviews for their professional, friendly staff. Patients report quick, painless procedures in a comfortable setting. Many share stories of life-changing vision correction and enthusiastically recommend Clear Choice. Knowledgeable, kind staff provide top-notch care while addressing all patient questions and concerns. Patients overwhelmingly recommend Clear Choice for excellent lasik experiences.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at Clear Choice Lasik Surgeon practice were professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting. Patients felt welcomed and supported throughout the entire process.
- Excellent results: Many reviews highlighted the positive outcomes of the Lasik surgery, with patients experiencing improved vision and being able to see better than ever before. Some reviews even mentioned achieving 20/10 or 20/15 vision.
- Clean and inviting facility: Several reviews mentioned that the offices of Clear Choice Lasik Surgeon practice were clean, welcoming, and had a comfortable atmosphere. Patients appreciated the attention to detail in maintaining a pleasant environment.
Dr. Joseph M. Thomas, MD
3619 Park E Dr #306, Beachwood, OH 44122
Dr. Thomas comes highly recommended for lasik surgery, with reviewers citing his professionalism, kindness, and thorough approach. Many patients report excellent results, including improved vision and smooth recovery. His attentive staff also draws praise for patient care.
- Excellent services: The lasik surgery procedure was not bad at all and the staff was professional and caring.
- Highly skilled surgeon: Dr. Thomas is known as one of the best surgeons for lasik surgery. Patients with poor prescriptions and astigmatisms experienced exceptional vision after the surgery.
- Personalized care and follow-up: Dr. Thomas takes the time to answer questions, address concerns, and provide personal follow-up both before and after surgery. Patients appreciate his professionalism, respect, and kind demeanor throughout the entire process.
Roholt Vision Institute North Canton
5890 Mayfair Rd, North Canton, OH 44720
The reviews highlight the successful outcomes from the lasik practice, with many patients describing life-changing freedom from glasses. The friendly and knowledgeable staff create a pleasant environment. Patients commend the thorough and expert doctors, with Dr. Celmer and Dr. Roholt receiving excellent reviews.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients: Multiple reviews mentioned that the lasik surgery at this practice resulted in great vision and improved quality of life. Many patients have had positive experiences and would highly recommend the practice to others.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff at this practice are described as knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. They provide thorough care and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Up-to-date technology and expertise: The practice is praised for having the most recent technology and expertise in the field. This ensures that patients receive the best care and have successful outcomes from their lasik surgeries.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.