Best LASIK Surgeon In Akron, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Akron LASIK Surgeons in Akron, Akron, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Akron reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Akron.
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland
6500 Rockside Rd #100, Cleveland, OH 44131
Patients consistently had a positive experience with this Lasik surgeon. The staff thoroughly explained the procedure, ensured patient comfort, and the surgery went smoothly. Patients are very pleased with their results and recommend this practice for Lasik candidates seeking experienced surgeons who deliver successful outcomes.
- Thorough and clear explanations of the entire process make patients feel comfortable and confident.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff who care about their patients' well-being.
- Quick and painless procedure with high success rates and immediate results.
4030 Easton Station Suite 220 A, Columbus, OH 43219
LasikPlus patients report the procedure is quick and has dramatically improved their vision and quality of life. They describe the experience as amazing, relatively painless and life changing. Patients appreciate the professional, friendly staff and talented surgeons. While the surgery may cause some discomfort, patients say it was manageable and worthwhile. Many enthusiastically recommend LasikPlus.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Friendly and informative staff
- Life-changing results, with many positive reviews showcasing improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts
The LASIK Vision Institute
6000 Lombardo Center Ste 150, Seven Hills, OH 44131
The laser vision correction team provided an outstanding patient experience. Their knowledgeable and friendly staff put patients at ease. The quick, efficient procedures delivered better than 20/20 vision with minimal discomfort. Most patients strongly recommend this practice for laser eye surgery.
- Quick, painless procedure with great results.
- Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable.
- Efficient and accommodating scheduling, with same-day surgery available in some cases.
Clear Choice Custom LASIK Center
7001 S Edgerton Rd d, Brecksville, OH 44141
Clear Choice Lasik customers report excellent experiences, with praise for the friendly staff, comfortable waiting room, clean facilities, and successful procedures like SMILE and LASIK. Many patients attest to 20/20 vision post-surgery. Doctors receive accolades for expertise, especially Dr. William F. Wiley. Patients recommend Clear Choice for quality care and results.
- Friendly and professional staff who are knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire process.
- State-of-the-art procedures, including SMILE and PRK, that result in excellent vision and no side effects for most patients.
- Comfortable and welcoming facilities with amenities such as complimentary valet service, coffee, tea, and warm cookies to enjoy while waiting.
Columbus Laser & Cataract Center
6357 N Hamilton Rd, Westerville, OH 43081
The Columbus Laser & Cataract Center is known for their attentive, patient-focused care. Their knowledgeable staff helps patients feel comfortable and cared for through every step of cataract and Lasik procedures. Many patients achieve 20/20 vision and are impressed with the center's thorough, efficient approach.
- Professional and attentive staff with a focus on patient care and concerns.
- Excellent outcome with surgeries resulting in 20/20 vision for multiple patients.
- Efficient and organized team resulting in quick and painless procedures with excellent follow-up care.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
6670 Perimeter Dr Suite 155, Dublin, OH 43016
The majority of patients described a positive experience, appreciating the quick, easy surgery and friendly, professional staff. Most reported improved vision after their procedure and would recommend the practice. A few brought up possible complications or insufficient consultation, but positive reviews outnumbered negative.
- Quick and easy procedure, with some patients experiencing 20/20 vision immediately after the surgery.
- Professional and friendly staff that take time to explain every step of the process and make patients feel comfortable and informed.
- Life-changing results that have been highly recommended by numerous satisfied patients.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
1606 Carmody Ct Suite 101, Sewickley, PA 15143
Patients reported exceptional care and results at TLC Lasik Surgeon Center under Dr. Zambelli. Staff were praised for professionalism, caring assistance, and going above and beyond. Procedures were described as quick and painless with amazing outcomes. Dr. Zambelli's honest commitment to patients' best interests, even foregoing surgery if needed, was appreciated.
- The staff and doctors are friendly, caring, and informative.
- The surgeons are highly professional and skilled.
- The experience is generally quick, easy, and painless.
Davis Eye Center
789 Graham Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Our lasik surgeons provide exceptional care, though some reviewers cite issues with staff professionalism. The practice offers a painless, successful surgery and wide eyewear selection, but has uneven COVID-19 protocol compliance.
- Dr. Shaheen is outstanding and polite according to one reviewer, providing personalized and caring service to those with disabilities.
- The Lasik surgery at Davis Eye Center is exceptional and worth the cost according to two separate reviewers who experienced painless and successful procedures.
- The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, with an emphasis on expedient care and thorough assessments for emergency situations.
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons
4099 Embassy Pkwy, Fairlawn, OH 44333
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons provides exceptional eye care and vision correction procedures with a knowledgeable, friendly staff. Drs. Davis, Jones and Lohman take time to clearly explain treatments to patients. Many patients recommend this practice for their warm and efficient care, from routine exams to LASIK surgery.
- Doctors are knowledgeable and take their time to explain the procedure
- Staff is friendly, professional, and attentive to patient needs
- Great selection of eyewear and a range of eye care services, including LASIK surgery
Dr. Joseph M. Thomas, MD
3619 Park E Dr #306, Beachwood, OH 44122
Patients consistently recommend Dr. Thomas for LASIK due to his professionalism, expertise, and compassion. His thorough consultations and follow-ups ensure patients understand the procedure and achieve excellent vision with quick, easy surgeries. Patients appreciate his personable care and the friendly, knowledgeable staff. Dr. Thomas meets and exceeds expectations.
- Dr. Thomas is highly professional and knowledgeable.
- The staff are caring, friendly, and accommodating.
- The Lasik procedure is quick, painless, and has excellent outcomes.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.