Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Akron, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 80 LASIK Surgeons in Akron, OH, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 14625 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Akron.
7840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
LasikPlus is a friendly and efficient practice with a knowledgeable team that takes great care of their patients. Dr. Marino and his team are highly recommended for their helpfulness and expertise in the field. Patients are pleased with their results and confidently recommend LasikPlus to others.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming.
- Quick and efficient service.
- Excellent quality of care.
- Very affordable prices.
- Dr. Marino is highly experienced and skilled in performing lasik surgery.
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland
6500 Rockside Rd #100, Cleveland, OH 44131
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland is known for their thorough exams and dedication to making patients eligible for surgery. The knowledgeable staff and high recommendations make this practice a top choice for those seeking Lasik surgery. Experience exceptional care and expertise at Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland.
- People feel comfortable here.
- They are very knowledgeable about the procedure.
- They have a great care card program.
Kaster Eye Clinic
1600 East Turkeyfoot Lake Road Suite A, Akron, OH 44312
Kaster Eye Clinic is a welcoming and professional practice that caters to children. The new office is elegant and spacious, providing a comfortable environment for patients. The friendly staff and accommodating approach of the doctors make for a positive experience.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting the clinic.
- The doctor is highly skilled and has been providing excellent care to patients for many years.
- The new office is spacious and modern, making it easier for patients to get their exams.
- Dr Kaster is always willing to help out with any questions or concerns that a patient may have.
Lisa M Testa, OD, Inc
2694 S Main St, Akron, OH 44319
Lisa M Testa, OD, Inc. boasts a skilled and personable team, including Dr. Knight, who has a reputation for attentive care and effective treatment. Patients appreciate the welcoming atmosphere and helpful staff, making for a positive experience. Trust in this practice for exceptional eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- Dr. Testa is an amazing doctor with great management skills and the ability to connect with her patients.
- The office is always clean and organized.
- Dr Knight is a great doctor who listens well and takes care of patients' needs.
- The staff here are always friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable
- they make it easy for patients to feel comfortable discussing their eye health concerns.
Allison M Landes MD
2680 W Market St, Fairlawn, OH 44333
Dr. Allison M Landes is a knowledgeable and approachable lasik surgeon who prioritizes the needs of her patients. She communicates well with other doctors and takes her time to ensure thoroughness in her work. While some may find her diagnoses not definitive, patients are still following up with her.
- People feel that Dr. Allison Landes, MD is very knowledgeable and thorough in her work.
- She takes the time to answer any questions that a patient might have, and the staff is equally friendly.
- Patients feel that Dr. Allison Landes cares about them as people, not just patients with eyesight issues.
The Vision Center
215 W Bowery St Suite 4500, Akron, OH 44308
The Vision Center is a well-organized and efficient lasik surgeon's office that provides high-quality care. Patients consistently praise the doctors for their expertise and the level of service they receive. It's clear that The Vision Center is a top choice for anyone seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel comfortable and safe at The Vision Center.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- The doctors are highly skilled and knowledgeable.
- The facilities are top notch.
Nancy E Awender, MD
75 Arch St #402, Akron, OH 44304
Dr. Nancy E Awender's office boasts an exceptional staff and a welcoming atmosphere. Patients have praised her approachable demeanor and successful lasik surgeries. Her practice is highly recommended for those seeking a skilled and personable lasik surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable with her and feel that she is a great doctor.
- She has an awesome staff who are very helpful.
- She is very knowledgeable about her field and can help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- She has a great bedside manner and makes you feel at ease during your visit.
Dr. William R. Yeakley, MD
1 Park W Blvd #150, Akron, OH 44320
Dr. Yeakley, MD is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon who takes the time to listen to his patients. His easy-to-talk-to demeanor puts patients at ease during their appointments. Patients can trust that they are in good hands at this practice.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Yeakley.
- He is highly experienced and knowledgeable in his field.
- He has a great bedside manner, making him easy to talk to and feel comfortable with.
- His staff is friendly and helpful.
Beyer Todd L DO - Novus Clinic
3510 Manchester Rd, Akron, OH 44319
Beyer Todd L DO - Novus Clinic is a trusted medical facility for those seeking lasik surgery. The knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff make patients feel welcome and at ease. Although wait times may be longer, the quality of care received is worth it.
- People feel comfortable and confident with the doctor and staff.
- The clinic is very organized and efficient.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and provide excellent care.
- There is a great variety of services offered, which makes it easy to find what you need.
1558 Akron Peninsula Rd suite a, Akron, OH 44313
Cataract Pros boasts a modern and clean office with state-of-the-art equipment. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the doctors and their willingness to answer questions. The overall experience is professional and reassuring.
- People feel comfortable and welcome at Cataract Pros. Everything is new, which makes the experience more comfortable.
- The doctor takes the time to answer all of your questions and make sure you understand everything. This ensures that you have a great experience during your surgery.
- The office is very clean and organized, making it easy to find what you're looking for.
Thomas P. Hull, MD
Retina Associates of Cleveland, Inc, 690 White Pond Dr Suite 120, Akron, OH 44320
Dr. Hull's expertise and clear explanations make him a trusted choice for LASIK surgery. Patients appreciate the welcoming staff and unhurried atmosphere. This practice is a top contender for anyone seeking quality eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Hull and his staff. They always feel like they are getting the best care possible.
- Dr. Hull is very knowledgeable and has a great ability to explain your problem and how it can e managed or corrected.
- His staff is very friendly and you never feel rushed which makes it easy for you to get the care that you need.
Dr. Moshe Adler, MD
3632 W Market St UNIT 101, Fairlawn, OH 44333
Dr. Moshe Adler, MD is a skilled lasik surgeon who accurately diagnoses and treats patients. Patients appreciate his kind and helpful demeanor and would recommend him to others. Despite some minor issues, patients trust Dr. Adler's expertise and appreciate his work.
- People feel confident in the doctor's diagnosis and treatment.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable about multiple sclerosis.
- The doctor has a great bedside manner.
Stahl Vision Inc.
4235 Indian Ripple Rd, Dayton, OH 45440
Stahl Vision Inc. is a trusted destination for lasik surgery, known for its ease of process and excellent results. Patients appreciate the professionalism of the staff and the thorough preparation for the procedure. Any post-operative concerns are quickly addressed by the team, ensuring a positive experience for all.
- People feel very confident in the work that is done here.
- The staff is very kind and helpful.
- Results are seen quickly and without any complications.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article