Best Eye Doctors In Zanesville, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Zanesville Optometrists in Zanesville, Zanesville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Zanesville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Zanesville.
3191 Maple Ave, Zanesville, OH 43701
Customers recommend this eye care center for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, quality service during exams, help choosing frames, quick turnaround on glasses, affordable prices, professionalism and positive experiences.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at the eye care center are described as friendly, kind, and helpful by multiple reviewers. They provide outstanding customer service, make patients feel comfortable, and take the time to explain everything thoroughly.
- Quick and convenient: Several reviews mention that the eye exams and the process of selecting frames and receiving glasses were done efficiently and in a timely manner. Some even had their glasses ready within a few hours or under 2 hours, which shows the speed and convenience of the service.
- Affordable pricing: Customers appreciate the affordable pricing of the eye care center. They mention getting stylish frames and multiple pairs of glasses for a great price, making it a good choice for those on a budget.
Newark Family Eye Care
1010 N 21st St, Newark, OH 43055
Newark Family Eye Care provides personalized eye care with friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate thorough exams, assistance choosing frames without pressure, and clear explanations. Their state-of-the-art equipment and efficient, caring service make them a trusted local provider.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Newark Family Eye Care is friendly, helpful, and courteous. Patients appreciate the personalized care, thorough explanations of exam results, and the staff's willingness to answer questions and address concerns.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Many reviews highlight the fact that the eye exams conducted at Newark Family Eye Care are thorough, professional, and utilize state-of-the-art equipment. Patients feel that their eyes are examined in detail, and appreciate the careful explanation of test results.
- No pressure to purchase: Several reviews mention that there is no pressure to purchase glasses or other products. Patients feel that the optometrist and staff focus on providing quality eye care without trying to sell them anything they don't need.
Indian Mound Eye Clinic
604 S 30th St, Heath, OH 43056
The eye doctors at Indian Mound Eye Clinic provide exceptional care in a professional and friendly environment. Patients appreciate Dr. Flood and Dr. Davis for explaining eye health thoroughly and putting them at ease. The staff earns consistent praise for their patience, helpfulness, and friendliness.
- The doctors at the eye care center are highly professional, knowledgeable, and great at explaining everything during eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, patient, and attentive, ensuring a positive experience for both adults and children during eye exams.
Zanesville Vision Care
2315 Maple Ave, Zanesville, OH 43701
The eye care center is highly rated for its friendly, helpful staff, quick appointments, professional service, and wide selection of eyeglasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, patient, and helpful during their visits.
- Efficient appointments: Many reviewers mentioned that their appointments were fast, efficient, and they did not have to wait for long periods of time.
- Good selection of glasses: The eye care center was commended for having a great selection of glasses at reasonable prices.
Zanesville Vision Source
1180 Military Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701
The eye care center was lauded for efficient, thorough eye exams. Patients noted the helpful, professional staff and wide selection of glasses and contacts. Drs. Galloway and Rice impressed with expertise and caring manner, instilling confidence in patients.
- Quick appointments and thorough eye exams, with the option to get glasses as well.
- Professional, friendly, and accommodating staff that takes the time to listen to concerns.
- Highly recommended by patients for the comprehensive care, advanced testing equipment, and large selection of eyewear.
The Eye Site
114 N Galway Dr, Granville, OH 43023
The Eye Site offers a great experience with friendly staff, thorough exams, and helpful opticians. Dr. Dietz provides excellent care and follow-up. The professional, clean, and welcoming office draws rave reviews, with just a couple complaints about delayed glasses and one unfriendly call. Still, the praise overwhelmingly recommends The Eye Site as a top choice for eye doctors and exams.
- Thorough examinations: Customers appreciate that the eye exams at The Eye Site are thorough and detailed, giving them confidence in the accuracy of their prescriptions and diagnoses.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff at The Eye Site is praised for their knowledge and helpfulness. They take the time to answer questions, assist with frame selection, and provide recommendations, making the overall experience pleasant and easy.
- Friendly and caring doctors: Dr. Dietz and the other doctors at The Eye Site are described as friendly, caring, and personable. They make patients feel comfortable and valued, building long-term relationships and trust.
975 Linden Ave, Zanesville, OH 43701
Dr. Frost’s patients describe him as an eye doctor who explains eye care in a clear, understandable manner. His caring approach puts patients at ease. Patients appreciate the friendly staff, prompt service, and Dr. Frost’s professionalism. In emergencies, he responds quickly.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers.
- Doctor and staff are friendly, professional, and make patients feel comfortable.
- Provides excellent and prompt service, especially for emergency cases.
Dr. A.J Patterson Optometrist
1024 Military Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701
The eye care center’s knowledgeable staff provides quality care. Patients report great experiences overall, praising the center’s excellent service and positive environment.
- Knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the eye care center as being knowledgeable. This suggests that they have expertise in providing eye care and conducting eye exams, which can give customers confidence in the quality of service they will receive.
- Great overall experience: Another positive aspect highlighted in the reviews is the overall experience at the eye care center. This indicates that customers felt satisfied with their visit, possibly because of factors such as friendly staff, comfortable facilities, or efficient service.
Hoffman Paul A., O.D.
2540 Maysville Pike, Zanesville, OH 43701
The eye care center receives consistent positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Whitaker. Patients report quick glasses turnaround. Reviewers highly recommend this professional office.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional nature of the staff at this eye care center, indicating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Knowledgeable and friendly optometrist: One review specifically mentions Dr. Whitaker as being knowledgeable and friendly, suggesting that the optometrists at this center provide high-quality care and make patients feel comfortable during their appointments.
- Efficient service: One review highlights their quick turnaround time for getting glasses ready, indicating that the eye care center offers efficient service and timely delivery of products.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.