Best Eye Doctors In Wooster, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Wooster Optometrists in Wooster, Wooster, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Wooster reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Wooster.
Family Eyecare Associates Inc
1275 Glen Dr, Millersburg, OH 44654
This eye care center provides a consistently positive exam experience. Patients appreciate the new equipment that eliminates eye drops and the doctors’ detailed explanations. The staff is friendly, efficient and caring, with short wait times and thorough exams. Patients strongly recommend this center for professional, expert eye care and glasses.
- Advanced equipment for eye exams without the need for eye drops.
- Efficient and quick service, with one reviewer being in and out of the office within 45 minutes.
- Friendly and caring staff, with multiple reviewers expressing gratitude for the exceptional care provided by the doctors and staff.
Twin Oaks Dermatology and Eye Surgery
324 E Milltown Rd Suite C, Wooster, OH 44691
Twin Oaks eye care center is highly recommended for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and quality care. Patients describe the attention from Dr. Clark’s team as excellent, with some calling it the best experience they’ve had. There are mentions of staff going out of their way to accommodate and care for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, approachable, and well-informed. They create a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Personalized care: Many reviews praise the doctors, particularly Dr. Clark, for their attentiveness and ability to address individual concerns. They take the time to explain procedures and listen to patients, creating a personalized treatment experience.
- Excellent patient experiences: Patients consistently report having great experiences at this eye care center, noting that they have never been disappointed with the care they receive. From accommodating appointment scheduling to efficient and effective treatments, this center is highly recommended by reviewers.
409 N Court St, Medina, OH 44256
This eye care center receives high marks for friendly and supportive staff as well as thorough, detailed eye exams. Patients comment on the doctors’ professionalism and expertise. Many customers recommend this center. However, some reviews cite issues with customer service and billing.
- Friendly and supportive staff who make patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams with explanations of the process and results.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors who take the time to address concerns and provide personalized care.
3510 Manchester Rd, Akron, OH 44319
Customers were pleased with the friendly and thorough service at this eye care center, with Dr. Mahoney receiving high marks. Reviewers appreciated the professional staff and good selection of frames. However, one customer had difficulty obtaining cost details and felt pressured to purchase add-ons. In general, customers recommend this center for its attentive care and service.
- Friendly and thorough staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and thorough, providing a positive experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Several reviewers praised the doctors, particularly Dr. Mahoney, for being knowledgeable, thorough, patient, and providing excellent care.
- Wide selection of frames: One reviewer mentioned that the eye care center has a large selection of frames, allowing patients ample time to choose their new frames. this can be a pro for those looking for a variety of options.
3880 Cleveland Rd, Wooster, OH 44691
Customers highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Clarkson Eyecare in Wooster, Ohio, with Dr. Jonathan Schonfeld receiving acclaim for his thorough and informative manner. The selection of frames and overall comfort of the experience are also noted as reasons this eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praise the optometrist, Dr. Schonfeld, for his thoroughness and expertise during eye exams. He takes the time to explain eye conditions and answer questions in a way that patients can understand.
- Great frame selection and helpful staff for glasses: Reviewers appreciate the wide selection of frames available and the assistance provided by the staff in choosing the right frames for them.
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons – Wadsworth
1 Park Center Dr # 106, Wadsworth, OH 44281
Patients consistently comment on the friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams at this highly rated eye care center. Both eye doctors and office staff receive praise for their time, care, and professionalism. Patients feel comfortable and confident under the center’s attentive care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews mention the staff being friendly, welcoming, and attentive. They create a comfortable and positive experience for patients.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at this location. Patients appreciate the comprehensive nature of the examinations.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are described as knowledgeable, understanding, and thorough. Patients feel confident in their expertise and appreciate their caring demeanor.
Pycraft Family Eye Care
470 E Milltown Rd suite b, Wooster, OH 44691
Dr. Pycraft provides excellent, thorough eye exams in clean, welcoming offices with friendly, knowledgeable staff. They utilize advanced technology and take time to explain things clearly. While some reviewers cited issues with scheduling and ordering glasses, most had positive experiences and recommend this eye care center.
- Advanced technology and thorough eye exams: Dr. Pycraft and his staff use advanced technology and perform thorough eye exams, ensuring a comprehensive assessment of your eye health.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at both the Wooster and Orrville offices are friendly and welcoming, creating a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere for patients.
- Honest and patient-centered approach: Patients appreciate the honesty and patient-centered approach of Dr. Pycraft, who recommends sticking with current glasses if there is no significant change in prescription and ensures that patients feel heard and involved in the treatment plan.
Excellence In Eye Care Inc
3609 Medina Rd, Medina, OH 44256
Customers generally have positive experiences at the eye care center, with many highlighting the knowledgeable and caring doctors. Numerous reviewers recommend the practice, noting the friendly and helpful staff. However, a few reviews mention issues with purchasing frames, longer than expected wait times, and some unhelpful staff interactions.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff members being friendly, caring, and helpful, from the receptionists to the opticians. They take the time to assist customers, recommend glasses, and answer questions with a positive attitude.
- Highly knowledgeable doctors: Customers praise the doctors for their expertise and knowledge in the field of eye care. They feel comfortable and confident in the doctors' abilities to provide thorough and efficient eye exams and address any concerns or issues.
- Top-notch customer service: The office is known for its excellent customer service, making patients feel welcome and valued. Customers appreciate the professionalism and courteousness of the staff throughout their entire visit, from the front desk to the doctors. They feel well taken care of and have a positive experience.
Raber Eye Care
3693 Kidron Rd, Kidron, OH 44636
This eye care center is highly recommended for its exceptional service, quality vision exams and frames selection. Patients consistently describe the staff as friendly and accommodating. The knowledgeable doctors provide excellent vision therapy, resulting in improved vision and wellbeing.
- Excellent eye exam experience and frame selection.
- Friendly and helpful staff, always providing assistance and repairs when needed.
- Expertise in diagnosing and treating vision problems, with positive results in improving grades and reducing headaches through vision therapy.
The Looking Glass Eyecare Professionals
1651 Beall Ave, Wooster, OH 44691
The Looking Glass eye care center is lauded for its friendly, professional staff and thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the help finding ideal glasses frames. However, one review raises concerns about unnecessary diagnostics and follow-ups. Still, most reviews are positive, with many patients recommending this center.
- The staff at The Looking Glass is described as friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
- The eye exam experience at The Looking Glass is praised for being thorough and detailed, with the optometrist taking time to explain everything and not rushing the appointment.
- The staff at The Looking Glass is commended for their willingness to go the extra mile, providing exceptional customer service and helping patients find the perfect glasses for their needs.
Family Eye Care of Wooster, LLC
961 Dover Rd, Wooster, OH 44691
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its attentive doctor and caring staff. While most patients compliment the personal service, one critic cited a rude phone interaction and unforgiving policy about missed appointments.
- The owner/doctor is a graduate of OSU and is always professional.
- The staff is personable and provides personalized service.
- They are great with kids, including those with special needs, and make the exam process comfortable and low-anxiety for them.
Cornerstone Vision Development Center
3693 Kidron Rd, Kidron, OH 44636
The eye care center’s vision therapy improved a child’s eyesight, grades, and headaches caused by convergence insufficiency and accommodative disorder. Drs. Raber and Shrock were commended for their expertise and congeniality. The center was also noted to bolster visual acuity and self-assurance in children.
- Specializes in diagnosing and treating specific eye conditions such as convergence insufficiency and accommodative disorder.
- Staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and experts in vision therapy.
- Provides a beneficial and educational experience that helps improve vision and boost confidence.
Dr. Anson T. Miedel, MD
3519 Friendsville Rd, Wooster, OH 44691
This eye care center provides efficient, professional service and advanced diagnostic imaging capabilities uncommon in the area. For comprehensive eye care, they come highly recommended, even if you haven’t yet tried their services.
- Well-run and highly professional practice: The eye care center is praised for its efficient and professional operation, giving customers confidence in the quality of their services.
- On-site diagnostic imaging abilities: A unique advantage of this center is its ability to perform diagnostic imaging, which is not commonly found in the surrounding area. This convenient feature saves customers time and effort by allowing them to complete multiple services in one location.
Pycraft Family Eye Care
106 N Main St, Orrville, OH 44667
The Pycraft eye care office in Orrville receives positive reviews for its caring staff, quality products, and Dr. Pycraft’s thorough and reassuring manner. However, some customers report issues with the receptionist being dismissive, causing appointment difficulties.
- Extremely patient, caring, and treat patients as if they're the most important person of the day
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.