Best Eye Doctors In Sylvania, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sylvania Optometrists in Sylvania, Sylvania, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sylvania reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Sylvania.
Specialty Eye Institute
3000 Regency Ct #100, Toledo, OH 43623
The Specialty Eye Institute is highly recommended by patients for the expertise, efficiency, and caring attitude of its doctors and staff. Patients describe a pleasant experience where they feel informed and comfortable during exams and consultations on conditions like cataracts and dry eyes. The institute achieves excellent results and is known for providing quality eye care.
- Efficient and organized experience: Multiple reviews mention that there was no wait time and that the entire process, from check-in to checkout, was efficient and smooth. This indicates that the eye care center values their patients' time and prioritizes a streamlined experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews highlight the staff's friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to answer questions. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of, which is important when seeking eye care and undergoing exams or procedures.
- Highly skilled and caring doctors: Several reviews specifically mention the doctors, such as Dr. Bejot and Dr. Venerable, as being personable, thorough, and knowledgeable. Patients feel confident in their expertise and appreciate their ability to explain procedures and options in detail.
- Effective treatment options: One review mentions quick and easy resolution of a severe dry eye problem, indicating that the eye care center offers effective non-invasive treatments. This suggests that patients with various eye concerns can expect quality care and impactful solutions.
- Accommodating emergency appointments: The staff at the eye care center is commended for their responsiveness and willingness to accommodate emergency situations. This emphasizes their commitment to patient care and satisfaction.
- Comfortable and welcoming environment: Reviews highlight the cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere of the eye care center. Patients mentioned feeling at ease and looking forward to their visits, indicating a pleasant and comfortable environment.
- Comprehensive and thorough care: Multiple reviews mention the thoroughness of the eye examinations and the comprehensive care provided. Patients appreciate the attention to detail and the personalized approach to their eye health.
- Excellent post-surgery results: One review specifically highlights successful cataract surgery and improved eyesight. This demonstrates the eye care center's ability to deliver positive outcomes and long-lasting results.
- Convenient and accessible location: Mentioned in one review, the eye care center's location is described as easily accessible, safe, and attractive. This can be a practical advantage for patients looking for convenient eye care services.
EyeCare Specialties – Sylvania
3723 King Rd Suite 100, Toledo, OH 43617
Customers consistently commended the Pinnacle Eye Group staff for efficiency, expertise, and congeniality. Exams were thorough utilizing state-of-the-art equipment. Staff assisted customers with frames and insurance. However, some negative reviews cited long waits, pricing errors, and impersonal service. In general, most customers had positive experiences and would recommend this eye care center.
- The staff at Pinnacle Eye Group are time-efficient, capable, friendly, and helpful, making the eye exam and glasses fitting process easy and positive.
- Dr. Kruszewski provides thorough eye exams, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful in fitting glasses and filing insurance claims for maximum payment.
- They offer a wide selection of frames from affordable to high-end brands, with a lovely person to assist in choosing frames.
3330 Meijer Dr Suite 1, Toledo, OH 43617
Overall, customers mainly appreciate the eye center’s excellent service and professional, thorough care from staff and doctors like Dr. Schlagheck, Dr. Bailey, and Dr. Harooni. The beautiful facility also draws praise. A few criticisms involve wait times, unprofessionalism from some doctors, and insurance/prescription difficulties.
- Excellent service and care from the staff and doctors.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams that check everything inside and out.
- Welcoming and engaging environment, especially for kids.
Northwest Ohio Eyecare Incorporated
5550 Central Ave, Toledo, OH 43615
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff, short wait times, comprehensive eye exams, and wide selection of frames. A few negative reviews cite rude, unprofessional staff, messy exam rooms, and rushed eye exams lacking attention to detail. However, most customers have a positive experience and recommend this eye care center.
- Affordable prices for eye exams and great selections of frames.
- Friendly and helpful staff, providing prompt and efficient service.
- Trusted and thorough optometrist who communicates well and offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Jenna Bailey, OD
3330 Meijer Dr, Toledo, OH 43617
The eye care center is highly rated for its knowledgeable doctors, comprehensive eye exams, and caring staff who take time to explain procedures and answer questions, creating a comfortable experience for patients.
- Dr. Bailey is thorough and takes the time to listen and inform during eye exams.
- The staff is professional, courteous, and considerate, making patients feel comfortable and answered all questions clearly.
- Dr. Bailey is knowledgeable, explains everything clearly, and shows compassion for her patients' needs.
5300 Harroun Rd Ste. 112, Sylvania, OH 43560
Dr. Romanoff’s office is well-reviewed for its friendly, professional staff and the doctor’s expertise during thorough eye exams. Patients say Dr. Romanoff addresses concerns and questions. Some reviews described the doctor as pushy and inconsiderate. Overall, patients commend the office’s cleanliness, COVID precautions, and excellent customer service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Dr. Romanoff's office are friendly, professional, and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers praise Dr. Romanoff for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, addressing all concerns and explaining findings during the exam.
- Clean and sanitized environment: Several reviews mention that the office and equipment at Dr. Romanoff's clinic are clean and well-maintained. COVID safety precautions are also highlighted as being above and beyond.
Franklin Park Family Eye Care
206 Franklin Park Mall, Toledo, OH 43623
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for their friendly and helpful staff, quick and easy eye exams, and professional service. A few customers did report problems with insurance coverage and an unpleasant encounter with a front desk staff member. However, the majority of customers were satisfied with their experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviews highlight the quick and easy experience during eye exams, with minimal waiting times and fast results.
- Note: It is important to consider that these pros are based on a selection of positive reviews and may not necessarily reflect the overall user experience.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
4038 Talmadge Rd #107, Toledo, OH 43623
The optometrist receives positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable approach. Patients appreciate the helpful staff and excellent customer service. However, some negative reviews mention frustratingly long waits and difficulty getting appointments, driving customers away.
- Excellent technology for eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff, making patients feel welcomed
- Knowledgeable optometrist who takes the time to personalize prescriptions and answer questions
- Large selection of glasses and assistance in finding the right fit
- Good customer service, including quick lens replacements and adjustments
Dr. Greg Bourdon
5225 Monroe St, Toledo, OH 43623
Dr. Bourdon’s patients appreciated his attentiveness during exams and openness in addressing their inquiries. While some noted limited frame selection, most described a helpful, courteous staff. Patients largely had positive experiences and would recommend the eye care center.
- Dr. Bourdon provides thorough eye examinations and takes his time to answer any questions, ensuring that everything is just right for the patient.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional, making the overall experience comfortable and inviting.
- The customer service is excellent, with responsive and knowledgeable staff members who provide helpful feedback and recommendations.
Drs. Kime, Kopan and Associates
4021 W Sylvania Ave, Toledo, OH 43623
Patients describe Dr. Kopan as thorough, caring, and knowledgeable. His friendly and helpful staff create a welcoming environment. Longtime patients place their trust in him for quality eye care. A few reviewers did note longer waits and less friendly front desk staff. Overall, most patients highly recommend this eye care center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the staff's friendliness and helpfulness in providing a positive experience.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mention that the eye exams provided by Dr. Kopan are thorough and cover all aspects necessary for an annual eye exam.
- Caring and attentive doctor: Dr. Kopan is praised for his caring approach, taking the time to answer questions and addressing any vision issues patients may have.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.