Best Eye Doctors In Strongsville, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Strongsville Optometrists in Strongsville, Strongsville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Strongsville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Strongsville.
Alessio Eye MD – Board Certified Ophthalmologist
17534 Royalton Rd, Strongsville, OH 44136
The eye care center receives stellar reviews for its professional, friendly staff and comprehensive exams. Many satisfied customers return annually for exams and eyewear, highly recommending the quality care and service.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff and doctors at Alessio Eye are highly professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- Thorough and comprehensive exams: Patients mentioned receiving thorough and complete eye exams, with the technicians and doctors taking their time to address concerns and provide detailed explanations.
- Excellent customer service: Alessio Eye is praised for their friendly and efficient customer service, taking the time to listen to patients' needs and providing assistance in choosing frames and understanding insurance coverage.
122 Southpark Center, Strongsville, OH 44136
The eye care center receives highly positive reviews for its exceptional customer service, knowledgeable staff, and thorough eye exams. Customers frequently commend the associates for aiding with frame choices and delivering professional, friendly, and prompt service. With praise for its attentive staff and quality eyewear selection, this eye care center comes strongly recommended.
- Excellent customer service: Customers praised the staff for their friendly and professional attitudes, going above and beyond to assist with frame selection, eye exams, and other services.
- Knowledgeable and helpful team: Reviewers mentioned the staff’s expertise in recommending frames, lenses, and providing helpful information during the eye exam process.
- Convenient and thorough eye exams: Customers appreciated the on-spot eye exams and mentioned that the doctors took their time to ensure a thorough examination and comfortable experience.
Dr. Caitlin S. Filips
487 W Bagley Rd, Berea, OH 44017
Dr. Filips provides comprehensive eye exams and clear explanations. Patients comment on the professional, friendly, and relaxing environment at her eye care center. Her staff are helpful and efficient.
- Dr. Filips is thorough in her eye exams and takes the time to explain the process.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and patient-oriented.
- The office is inviting, calming, and modern, creating a pleasant atmosphere.
Dr. Ghanem and Associates
18054 Royalton Rd, Strongsville, OH 44136
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for its kind, helpful staff. Patients rave about Dr. Ghanem’s efficient, yet thorough eye exams and clear explanations. The professional, friendly service from all staff also earns consistent praise. Highly recommended for exams and eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Efficient and thorough eye exams
- Excellent customer service and treatment
19796 W 130th St, Strongsville, OH 44136
Customers enthusiastically recommend the comprehensive and compassionate eye exams by Drs. Eric and Julie at VitalEyes. Patients appreciate their attentiveness in explaining results and answering questions. The staff, like Kelly, earns accolades for their assistance, flexibility, and expertise. Patients also commend the diverse frame options and welcoming, professional environment.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center, including Dr. Eric, Dr. Julie, and Kelly, were kind, helpful, and took the time to address any concerns or questions during the eye exam.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviews highlight that the eye exams at this location were thorough and comprehensive, with the doctors taking the time to explain test results and address any issues. Customers appreciated the level of detail and felt well informed about their eye health.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews mention that there is a great variety of frames to choose from at this eye care center. Customers appreciated the extensive options and reasonable prices for finding the perfect pair of glasses.
Greater Cleveland Eye Associates – SouthLand
6801 Pearl Rd, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
The majority of reviews praise the friendly staff, thorough eye exams, and clear explanations. A few mention rushed appointments, long waits, and unprofessional behavior, but most describe a positive experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, polite, and professional. They made the overall experience pleasant and enjoyable.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers appreciated that the eye exams conducted at this location were thorough, and the doctors took the time to explain the different aspects of the exam and answer any questions.
- Efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned that they did not have to wait long for their eye exams and that the process of choosing frames and getting their prescription filled was quick and efficient. Some even mentioned receiving their new glasses on the same day, which was a pleasant surprise.
Broad View Eye Center- Berea
1318 W Bagley Rd, Berea, OH 44017
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and comprehensive eye exams. While a few customers encountered issues ordering contacts or felt rushed, the majority recommend this office for their quality service and welcoming environment.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff, making patients feel welcome and at ease from the moment they walked in.
- Excellent service: Reviewers praised the excellent service they received, mentioning thorough eye exams, knowledgeable doctors, and efficient processes for purchasing glasses and contacts.
- Professional and clean facility: Several reviews noted the professional and peaceful atmosphere of the eye care center, with clean and well-designed offices.
Trepke Vision Care
20914 Drake Rd, Strongsville, OH 44149
Trepke Vision Care provides thorough, professional eye exams. Patients praise the friendly, helpful staff and Dr. Trepke’s dedication. The office is clean and comfortable with a wide selection of glasses. Dr. Garcia is trusted for her exceptionally thorough and informative exams.
- Thorough and professional exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams at this location, with doctors taking the time needed to ensure patients receive comprehensive care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, making the overall experience welcoming and comfortable.
- Peace of mind and convenience: Patients appreciate the convenience of being able to rely on the eye care center for urgent or unexplained vision issues, avoiding long ER waits and unnecessary expenses. Doctors are described as genuinely concerned about their patients' well-being.
946 Pearl Rd, Brunswick, OH 44212
Clarkson Eyecare in Brunswick, OH is well-reviewed for professional, thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff providing efficient service. Patients are shown exam results and provided explanations about eye health. However, some reviews cite issues with scheduling, wait times, and frame selection. On balance, Clarkson Eyecare is commended for attentive care and positive experiences.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the optometrists at Clarkson Eyecare were professional, thorough, and took the time to explain the results of their eye exams. This suggests that customers can expect high-quality eye care services.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff at Clarkson Eyecare. They mentioned that the receptionists, technicians, and frame consultants were knowledgeable and provided excellent customer service. This indicates that customers can expect a positive and pleasant experience at the eye care center.
- Prompt and efficient service: Some reviewers mentioned that they were seen promptly and that the eye exams and frame selection process were efficient and well-organized. This suggests that customers can expect timely service and a streamlined experience at Clarkson Eyecare.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.