Best Eye Doctors In Streetsboro, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Streetsboro Optometrists in Streetsboro, Streetsboro, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Streetsboro reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Streetsboro.
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons – Stow
4277 Allen Rd, Stow, OH 44224
The Eye Care Center is renowned for its skilled, personable staff. Patients receive attentive examinations from knowledgeable doctors and enjoy prompt appointments, even on the same day for urgent cases.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the office staff and physicians at this eye care center are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. This indicates a high level of expertise and customer service.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviews mention that the eye care center provided same-day appointments for urgent issues and that the staff took their time during appointments, ensuring thorough care. This suggests that the center prioritizes prompt and efficient service.
- Positive surgical outcomes: Some reviews specifically mention successful cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures, highlighting the center's ability to deliver excellent surgical outcomes.
Aurora Eye Care
220 S Chillicothe Rd, Aurora, OH 44202
Aurora Eye Care is highly recommended by customers for Dr. Smargiasso’s comprehensive exams and friendly staff. Patients compliment the welcoming office and frame selection help. Overall, Aurora provides quality eye care.
- Extensive eye exam: Many reviewers mention that the eye exams at Aurora Eye Care are thorough and comprehensive. This indicates that the doctors take the time to ensure a complete evaluation of eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviewers mention the friendly and accommodating staff at Aurora Eye Care. They appreciate the professionalism and kindness demonstrated by the staff members.
- Wide selection of frames: Reviewers also appreciate the assistance they receive in selecting new eyeglass frames. The staff takes the time to show a variety of options and help narrow down choices based on what looks best and feels comfortable.
Infinity Eye Care
9981 Vail Dr, Twinsburg, OH 44087
Infinity Eye Care is lauded for Dr. McKinnis’s attentive consultations and clear explanations. Patients commend the friendly, patient staff, citing their skill with children. The modern office offers advanced equipment and a vast eyewear selection. Most reviews enthusiastically recommend this practice for its exceptional service.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. McKinnis is highly regarded for his thoroughness and knowledge, as mentioned by multiple reviewers.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Infinity Eye Care is consistently praised for being friendly, patient, and accommodating. They take the time to answer questions and make patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- State-of-the-art equipment and modern office: Infinity Eye Care is equipped with modern and up-to-date equipment, providing patients with a thorough and efficient eye exam experience. The office itself is clean and inviting, making for a pleasant environment.
1155 OH-303, Streetsboro, OH 44241
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its welcoming staff and professional eye doctors. While some patients did experience issues with billing, scheduling, or exam thoroughness, the majority found the overall experience to be satisfactory.
- The staff is welcoming, kind, and helpful, providing great care and customer service.
- Dr. Schmid is friendly, professional, and trustworthy, providing thorough eye exams and expert recommendations.
- The office has a well-organized system, with supportive staff and a pleasant atmosphere, making the entire process from scheduling to picking up glasses smooth and enjoyable.
3330 Kent Rd, Stow, OH 44224
The eye care center is highly regarded for Dr. Tran’s professional eye exams and her staff’s friendly, attentive service that puts customers at ease.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams at this location were thorough and conducted by friendly and professional staff. This indicates that the eye care center values quality and customer satisfaction in their examinations.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Several reviewers highlight the friendly and accommodating nature of the staff at the eye care center. This suggests that the staff goes out of their way to make patients feel comfortable and valued, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praise the level of customer service they received at this eye care center. They mention a personable touch, high attention to detail, and staff who are kind, helpful, and polite. This indicates that the eye care center prioritizes delivering exceptional customer service to all patients.
4153 Bridgewater Pkwy, Stow, OH 44224
Bella Eyecare receives consistent positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and Dr. Sedlacek’s attentive and informative eye exams using state-of-the-art equipment. Patients feel well-cared for and confident recommending Bella for thorough eye care and stylish eyewear.
- Highly recommended for quality eye exams: Customers consistently praise Bella Eyecare for their thorough and informative eye exams, with Dr. Sedlacek being hailed as the best.
- Exceptional customer service: The staff at Bella Eyecare is commended for their professionalism, friendliness, and willingness to go above and beyond for their patients. They are described as supportive, knowledgeable, and prompt in addressing any concerns or issues.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: Dr. Sedlacek and her team are recognized for their expertise, patience, and ability to explain matters clearly to patients. They take the time to answer questions and provide thorough explanations, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
Tallmadge Family Eye Care
137 East Ave #100, Tallmadge, OH 44278, United States
Tallmadge Family Eyecare receives excellent reviews for their friendly, professional staff; comprehensive eye exams; caring, compassionate doctors; efficient, attentive service; and competitive contact lens prices. Patients strongly recommend them for eye exams and care.
- Friendly and professional staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and professional staff at Tallmadge Family Eyecare. This is important for a comfortable and welcoming experience during eye exams and eye care.
- Thorough and caring eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness and care provided during the eye exams at this location. This suggests that the doctors take the time to address all concerns and ensure a comprehensive examination.
- Knowledgeable doctors and staff: Reviewers mention the knowledge and expertise of the doctors and staff, making them feel confident in the care they are receiving. This is crucial for trust and peace of mind when seeking eye care.
Portage Vision Care
950 E Main St, Ravenna, OH 44266
Portage Vision Care is lauded for Dr. Marchand’s clear explanations during exams and talent for putting patients at ease. The staff earns praise for their friendliness, patience, and expertise in assisting with frame selection. Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and support navigating insurance. These strengths make Portage Vision Care a top choice for quality eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at Portage Vision Care is friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable and take the time to explain procedures and options.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers frequently praise Dr. Marchand for his thorough and descriptive eye exams. He explains each step and discusses options with patients, ensuring understanding and informed decision-making.
- Great selection of frames: Several reviewers mention the helpfulness of the staff in choosing frames. They appreciate the knowledgeable and honest advice given, resulting in finding the perfect frames quickly.
William R. Rudy, O.D.
2013 OH-59, Kent, OH 44240
The reviews highlight Dr. William Rudy’s professional approach in thoroughly assessing vision and clearly explaining findings. Patients also appreciate the friendly, helpful, caring staff. Long appointment wait times draw some complaints, though most recommend this clinic for its quality eye care and welcoming atmosphere.
- The doctors, particularly Dr. William R. Rudy, are knowledgeable, kind, and take the time to explain everything in a way that patients can understand.
- The staff is professional, friendly, and accommodating, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- The practice is efficient and appointments are timely, with minimal wait times.
Dr. William Keller/Cleveland Eye Clinic – Hudson
130 W Streetsboro St, Hudson, OH 44236
Dr. Keller provides attentive, patient-centered eye care utilizing the latest technology at his welcoming, professional practice. Long-time patients trust his expertise in explaining conditions and addressing concerns. While occasional billing issues arise, Dr. Keller resolves them personally.
- Dr. Keller and his staff are kind, attentive, and passionate about patient care. They take the time to explain concerns thoroughly and ensure patients understand their conditions and necessary steps for treatment.
- The office staff is professional, efficient, and courteous, ensuring a positive experience for patients. The practice keeps a tight, dependable schedule, minimizing wait times.
- Dr. Keller is highly knowledgeable, thorough, and experienced in the field, staying up-to-date with the newest developments. He provides outstanding care, takes the time to answer questions, and is patient-oriented.
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons – Kent
2013 OH-59, Kent, OH 44240
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons patients report attentive care and expert eye treatment, though some experience lengthy waits, scheduling difficulties, and less courteous staff attitudes.
- Competent and thorough eye care: Multiple reviews highlight the competence and thoroughness of the eye care provided at this center. Patients appreciate the attention to detail and the comprehensive exams received.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many patients mention the kindness, thoughtfulness, and professionalism of the staff, including doctors and technicians. They make patients feel comfortable and valued, ensuring a positive experience.
- Prompt and accommodating emergency care: In cases of emergencies or urgent situations, this eye care center is commended for providing prompt and accommodating service. Patients appreciate the quick response and attention given to their needs.
Dr. Michelle Ford
8934 Darrow Rd C104, Twinsburg, OH 44087
Overall, the majority of reviews for Dr. Michelle Ford mention positive experiences, highlighting her thorough and professional approach during eye exams and her clear explanations of findings. Many also appreciated helpful staff assistance with selecting glasses. However, a few reviews cited disappointing front desk customer service that may discourage return visits.
- Dr. Michelle Ford is knowledgeable, thorough, and provides clear explanations during eye exams.
- The staff is courteous and helpful in assisting with frame selection for glasses.
- The overall experience is efficient, with quick yet thorough appointments and a good selection of frames.
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons: Katie L. Greiner, O.D.
2013 OH-59, Kent, OH 44240
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons is well regarded for thorough, informative eye exams. Drs. Katie G. and Greiner impress patients with professional, attentive care and clear explanations. The clinic earns appreciation for its friendly, caring staff and personalized service.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons are thorough, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviewers praise Dr. Katie Greiner and Dr. Katie G. for their professionalism, knowledge, and expertise in eye care.
- Personalized attention and explanations: Patients appreciate that the doctors and staff at Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons take the time to explain everything thoroughly, providing personalized attention and addressing any concerns or questions.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.