Best Eye Doctors In Pickerington, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Pickerington Optometrists in Pickerington, Pickerington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Pickerington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Pickerington.
141 Clint Dr, Pickerington, OH 43147
Customers strongly recommend Pickerington Eye Care for thorough, professional eye exams. The knowledgeable, patient doctors and staff excel with children and those with special needs. Patients appreciate the friendly, helpful employees, large frame selection, and fair pricing. Customers report positive experiences and intend to return.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams with clear explanations and patient-friendly approach.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who are excellent with children, making it a great place for family eye care.
- Professional and courteous service with efficient ordering of contacts and glasses.
2418 Taylor Park Dr, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Customers report an efficient exam process and friendly staff at the eye care center. Many received glasses within the hour. Some concerns emerged about frame quality and potentially unnecessary upgrades. However, most recommend the center for its competitive pricing and quality service.
- Efficient and fast service: Customers mentioned that the eye exam and frame selection process was quick, and their glasses were ready in a short amount of time. Some even received their glasses in less than an hour.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and patient staff members who assisted them in picking out frames and lenses. They appreciated the assistance and knowledge provided by the staff.
- Affordable prices: Customers were happy with the affordable prices of glasses and the ability to use insurance coverage. Some reviewers mentioned that they got a great deal, often getting multiple pairs of glasses for a reasonable price.
Groveport Eye Care
5335 Hendron Rd, Groveport, OH 43125
Customer reviews of the eye care center described prompt, professional, and thorough eye exams performed by a friendly and knowledgeable staff. However, some experienced issues related to customer service and incorrect insurance information. In general, customers recommend the center for its excellent service and quality care.
- Prompt and efficient service: Multiple reviews mention that the office is prompt in getting information and the visit is right on time, making the overall visit quick and efficient.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Many reviews highlight the professionalism and thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at Groveport Eye Care. The doctors are knowledgeable, patient, and take the time to address all concerns, ensuring a quality examination.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Numerous reviews mention the warm and welcoming atmosphere at the eye care center. The staff is described as friendly, courteous, and informative, making patients feel comfortable and valued during their visit.
Columbus Vision Associates-Stephen G. Hirt, O.D.
1029 Refugee Rd Suite 300, Pickerington, OH 43147
Dr. Hirt and his staff receive consistent positive feedback for their professionalism and attentiveness during eye exams. Patients comment on the clean, welcoming office and safety measures taken during the pandemic. Dr. Hirt’s expertise paired with the staff’s exceptional customer service explain the practice’s stellar reputation.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight Dr. Hirt's thorough and complete eye exams, ensuring that patients receive high-quality care.
- Friendly and personable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the office, with staff members being described as kind, pleasant, and professional.
- Clean and appealing environment: The office is praised for being clean, appealing, and following safety measures, which makes patients feel safe and comfortable during their visits.
Grace Vision within Lenscrafters
2314 Taylor Park Dr, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Dr. Gil Guedes at Grace Vision Lens Crafters was well-reviewed for his attentiveness, thorough exams, and helpful recommendations. The friendly, helpful staff also received positive feedback. However, some patients expressed dissatisfaction with wait times and high costs at LensCrafters.
- Dr. Gil Guedes provides attentive and thorough eye exams, taking his time with the process.
- The staff at Grace Vision Lens Crafters is friendly, helpful, and creates a welcoming atmosphere.
- The eye exams are quick, efficient, and use up-to-date equipment.
Berk Eye Care Center
5180 E Main St, Columbus, OH 43213
The eye care center receives positive reviews overall. Patients commend Drs. Berk, Gwin, Hanes, and Guinn for professional, knowledgeable, and thorough eye exams. However, some express concerns about glasses pricing and obtaining pupillary distance from staff. Most praise the office’s friendly, helpful staff, comfortable atmosphere, and wide selection of glasses.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers praise the doctors at Berk Eye Care Center for their professionalism and expertise. They feel comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Courteous and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and friendly staff at Berk Eye Care Center. Patients feel welcome and well-served by the staff members, who assist them with choosing frames and answering their questions.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams they receive at Berk Eye Care Center. They feel that the doctors take the time to explain the test results and ensure that they understand their eye health.
Canyon Eye Associates
245 Taylor Station Rd, Columbus, OH 43213
Canyon Eye Associates was lauded for thorough exams, knowledgeable doctors, and friendly staff. However, a couple patients complained of insurance issues and long waits. Dr. Young impressed with his personable manner. Dr. Mack drew praise for cataract surgery expertise. The new office also received positive mentions.
- Thorough and Caring Physicians: Both Dr. Mack and Dr. Young are described as thorough and caring professionals who take the time to explain everything. They provide specific actions for patients to follow and leave them with a full knowledge of their eye issues.
- Efficient and Timely Service: Several reviewers mentioned that they were taken back for their examinations on a timely basis and had a relatively short wait time to see the doctors. The staff is described as efficient in handling patients and appointments.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: The receptionists and office staff are repeatedly praised for being friendly, professional, and helpful. The staff members are described as pleasant and efficient in their interactions with patients.
EYECARE about YOU
3025 Noe Bixby Rd, Columbus, OH 43232
Reviews for EYECARE About You paint a picture of friendly, welcoming staff who provide excellent customer service and quality eye care. Patients repeatedly commend Dr. Daniel Hickey for thorough exams. Staff like Allie and Penny Lane receive high marks for their expertise and assistance selecting eyewear. Many cite the office’s easy scheduling, fast turnarounds on glasses, and overall exceptional experiences.
- Friendly and Accommodating Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at EYECARE About You is welcoming, friendly, and well-trained. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients during their eye exams and eye care.
- Knowledgeable and Professional Optometrists: Reviewers specifically praise Dr. Daniel Hickey, Dr. Allie, Dr. V, Dr. Michelle, and Dr. M for their exceptional care and expertise. Patients have had the best eye exams in years at this location, indicating a high level of competence and professionalism among the optometrists.
- Excellent Customer Service: Many reviewers highlight the excellent customer service they received at this eye care center. Staff members like Allie, Bre, Penny Lane, and Ryan are mentioned for their helpfulness, patience, and willingness to assist patients in choosing the right glasses. The overall positive experience and personalized attention from the staff contribute to a recommendation for this business.
Visual Care Associates
1121 Hill Rd N, Pickerington, OH 43147
Visual Care Associates provides quality eye care from a skilled and caring staff, especially Dr. Bickel. Patients appreciate the informative eye exams and range of services like frame selection and cost-effective contacts. Highly recommended for comprehensive eye exams and expert consultation.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that they received thorough and informative eye exams at Visual Care Associates. The doctors took the time to explain their findings and ensure that the patients understood their eye health.
- Friendly and professional staff: Numerous reviewers praised the staff at Visual Care Associates for being friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They made the experience of getting an eye exam comfortable and pleasant, and some reviewers even mentioned specific staff members that went above and beyond to assist them.
- Wide selection of frames and contact lenses at competitive prices: Several reviewers mentioned that Visual Care Associates offers a great selection of frames and contact lenses. They also mentioned that the staff worked with them to ensure they got the best price available, making it a convenient place to get eyewear.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2227 OH-256 A, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Customers appreciated the helpful and patient staff at America’s Best who assisted them during eye exams and with selecting glasses. The employees were commended as friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The store provides a wide selection of glasses at reasonable prices with efficient service. However, there was one complaint about a rude staff member during a phone inquiry.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, helpful, and made them feel welcome and comfortable. They were praised for their patience, expertise, and professionalism.
- Wide selection of glasses: Several reviewers mentioned that this eye care center had a wide variety of frames and glasses to choose from. They also appreciated that the staff helped them pick the best pairs and compared their insurance coverage to ensure the best use of their money.
- Efficient and fast service: Many reviewers were pleased with the efficient and fast service they received at this eye care center. They mentioned that they were able to get in and out quickly for their eye exams or to pick up their glasses or contacts.
Winchester Vision Care
6472 Winchester Blvd, Canal Winchester, OH 43110
Overall, customers report satisfaction with the eye exams and staff professionalism here. Some find the frames expensive, though many compliment the friendly, knowledgeable staff and prompt appointments. Dr. Meyers draws particular praise for his kindness and expertise.
- Thorough and professional eye exams conducted by knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service.
Family First Vision Care – East Broad
8121 E Broad St, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Patients were pleased with the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. The thorough yet quick eye exams allowed doctors to fully explain results and answer questions. Patients also commented favorably on the frame selection and customer service.
- Detailed and quick eye exams with friendly and helpful staff.
- Accommodating and respectful towards individuals with special needs, such as wheelchair users.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, with a great selection of frames and a focus on overall eye health.
Marcia Hoepf, OD
5965 E Broad St # 480, Columbus, OH 43213
Dr. Hoepf provides attentive and professional care during comprehensive eye exams. Her explanations are clear and her patients feel comfortable under her care. Many happy patients recommend Dr. Hoepf for ophthalmology needs.
- Doctors are thorough and take their time with patients, explaining all test results and treatment options.
- Staff members are patient and provide excellent care, making patients feel comfortable.
- The office is run with the highest professional level and provides efficient and resourceful follow-up care.
Moses-Mouser & Associates
6441 Winchester Blvd E, Canal Winchester, OH 43110
The eye care center received mixed reviews. One highlighted poor customer service from an employee, while another took issue with an incorrect prescription. However, other customers complimented the professional, friendly doctors and quality care. The reviews underscore the value of good service, with some positive feedback despite a couple poor experiences.
- Friendly and professional office staff
- Attentive and thorough eye exams
- Knowledgeable and caring eye doctors
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.