Best Eye Doctors In Massillon, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Massillon Optometrists in Massillon, Massillon, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Massillon reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Massillon.
4157 Belden Village St NW Mall B48, Canton, OH 44718
This eye care center receives consistent positive feedback for their customer service, with patients citing helpful employees like Amie, Adele, and Cindy. While some patients reported issues with appointment scheduling, most describe the exam process as thorough and efficient.
- Outstanding customer service: Multiple reviewers mention receiving exceptional customer service, with employees going above and beyond to assist them with their eye exams and glasses/contacts.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviewers mention that they were able to get an eye exam and pick out new glasses within a short period of time, making the process convenient and efficient.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers repeatedly praise the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, including the eye doctors and assistants, who made the entire experience informative, positive, and enjoyable.
Dr. James Amundson & Associates
4474 Everhard Rd NW, Canton, OH 44718
The eye care center provides excellent eye exams by knowledgeable doctors like the thorough, informative, and friendly Dr. Amundson. Helpful, patient, and cheerful staff assist customers with frame selection and insurance. Customers appreciate the professionalism, convenience, and quality service.
- The doctors are highly knowledgeable and take the time to thoroughly explain the eye exam and results.
- The staff is friendly, patient, and helpful in assisting with frame selection and insurance matters.
- The eye exams are efficient and well-executed, with the latest equipment used for accurate prescriptions.
Union Optical Plan
915 Lincoln Way E, Massillon, OH 44646
Customers consistently commend the eye care center for its friendly and helpful staff, prompt service, and comprehensive eye exams. In particular, Dr. Lockhart is highly regarded for her professionalism, expertise, and skill in clearly explaining eye care. The majority of customers enthusiastically recommend Union Optical for eye exams and eyewear.
- Efficient and patient service: Customers mentioned that they were able to get in and out quickly for their eye exams, and that the staff was patient with their kids when helping them pick out glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They felt comfortable asking questions and appreciated the explanations provided by Dr. Lockhart.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers expressed satisfaction with the thoroughness of the eye exams they received. They felt that Dr. Lockhart took the time to explain everything and address any concerns they had.
5584 Dressler Rd NW, North Canton, OH 44720
Patients highly rated the thorough exams, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and helpful assistance with prescriptions and insurance at this eye care center. Many felt comfortable and intended to return due to the quality care received.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for its thorough and informative eye exams. The doctors took the time to explain the exam process and provided detailed information about their findings, which left patients feeling reassured and well-informed.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews complimented the friendly and helpful staff. Despite being short-staffed in some instances, the staff went above and beyond to assist patients and make them feel comfortable throughout the eye care experience.
- Patient-focused care: Patients appreciated the personalized and patient-focused care they received at the eye care center. The doctors and staff took the time to listen to their concerns, explain their options, and ensure that they were satisfied with their prescriptions and overall experience.
Northeast Ohio Eye Surgeons – North Canton
6407 Frank Ave NW, North Canton, OH 44720
The majority of customers recommend this eye care center for the professional staff and thorough eye exams. However, some experienced slow service from one staff member during exams and long wait times.
- Dr. Karns received high praise for his thoroughness and ability to answer questions, putting patients at ease.
- The staff is described as friendly, professional, and helpful.
- The practice is commended for their prompt and efficient care, including accommodating emergency situations and scheduling appointments.
The Eye Clinic
3545 Lincoln Way E Ste A, Massillon, OH 44646
The eye care center provides thorough and friendly eye exams. Doctors Wind and Hanson receive positive mentions. Knowledgeable, trustworthy, and helpful staff listen to concerns and offer feedback. While some have concerns about surgery payment plans, patients overall appreciate the experienced doctors, caring staff, and excellent care.
- Thorough and friendly eye exams: Multiple reviews mention the eye exams at this location being thorough and conducted by friendly and professional staff.
- Knowledgeable and trustworthy doctors: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and trustworthiness of the doctors, mentioning their experience and knowledge in the field of eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as friendly, kind, and helpful, taking the time to discuss concerns and provide feedback to patients.
Dr. Richard E. Hults & Associates, Inc.
4157 Belden Village St NW, Canton, OH 44718
The center receives largely positive feedback for its polite staff, thorough exams, and office efficiency. A few customers cite problems with staff attitude and unexpected fees.
- Polite and courteous staff
- Informative and thorough eye exams
- Easy scheduling process and quick appointments
- Friendly and welcoming front desk staff
- Knowledgeable and patient optometrists
- Accommodating and helpful salespeople for glasses selection and ordering
4474 Everhard Rd NW, North Canton, OH 44718
The eye care center was highly regarded for its staff’s attentive service and expert guidance in frame selection. Patients felt well-cared for thanks to the friendly, professional staff and prompt, efficient appointments.
- Great service: Multiple reviews mention that the staff and doctors provide excellent service, making patients feel welcomed and taken care of.
- Quick and efficient: Despite being a busy location, the eye care center manages to handle appointments and assist multiple customers quickly, ensuring minimal waiting time.
- Knowledgeable and helpful employees: Customers appreciate the assistance and expertise of employees like Tony, who go the extra mile to help patients choose frames, explain options, and provide thorough explanations of various tests and treatments.
Stacey Young OD Inc – Eyecare Specialties
4139 Fulton Dr NW, Canton, OH 44718
The eye care center received high marks for their friendly and professional staff who take time to explain procedures and show patience with children during exams. Patients reported thorough, efficient exams and appreciated the comfortable office environment.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the office staff at this eye care center were friendly and helpful, creating a comfortable and welcoming experience for patients.
- Thorough and patient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center were thorough, and the doctors took the time to explain each step and answer any questions or concerns.
- Great with kids: Several reviewers specifically mentioned that the eye care center was great with children, and that the doctors were patient and gentle while conducting eye exams for kids, making it a family-friendly option.
Canton South Eyecare
4822 Cleveland Ave SE, Canton, OH 44707
Canton South Eyecare garners overwhelmingly positive feedback for their congenial staff and comprehensive eye exams by Dr. Leggett. While a couple reviews cite prescription or customer service issues, most laud the practice’s exceptional service, welcoming atmosphere, and ample frame selection.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center is friendly, caring, and attentive. They genuinely care about their patients' needs and provide a comfortable experience during eye exams.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciate the large variety of frames available at this eye care center. They mention that the staff takes their time to help them select the perfect frames that suit their preferences.
- Professional and thorough exams: Customers mention that the eye exams at this center are conducted in a professional and thorough manner. They appreciate the detailed explanations provided by the optometrist, making them feel like valued clients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.