Best Eye Doctors In Huber Heights, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Huber Heights Optometrists in Huber Heights, Huber Heights, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Huber Heights reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Huber Heights.
2727 Fairfield Cmns Spc W179, Beavercreek, OH 45431
The overall sentiment is that Dr. Su provides friendly and expert eye care. Customers appreciate the helpful staff, Zoe and Michael, for assisting with frames and orders. Despite one negative review citing issues with communication and customer service, most reviews are glowing and recommend this eye care center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, particularly Dr. Su and Zoe. They take the time to answer questions, provide explanations, and offer recommendations for eye care and glasses selection.
- Wide range of options: Reviewers are impressed by the variety of options available at this eye care center. From eye drops to frames and lenses, they offer a comprehensive selection that surpasses other optometrists.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews highlight the exceptional customer service provided by the staff. They ensure a smooth visit, offer assistance with frame selection, and provide hassle-free solutions for ordering and fitting glasses.
Dr. Sheri Su
2727 Fairfield Cmns Spc W179, Beavercreek, OH 45431
Dr. Sue and her staff provide highly recommended, personable and professional eye exams. Patients describe the exams as enjoyable and informative with clear explanations from Dr. Sue. The overall experience is praised for the friendly and helpful staff, though one patient felt the doctor was patronizing.
- Dr. Su and her staff are highly recommended for their enjoyable, informative, and thorough eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and efficient, providing a pleasant and efficient eye exam experience.
- Dr. Su takes her time and provides thorough explanations, making patients feel respected and well-informed about their eye health.
Dayton Optometric Center
813 Troy St, Dayton, OH 45404
Reviews of the eye care center commend the knowledgeable, caring doctors and friendly, helpful staff. Patients report thorough, efficient exams and appreciate the doctors taking time to explain procedures and answer questions. The overall experience is pleasant, though one reviewer mentioned an isolated negative interaction with a rude receptionist. The eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Top-notch staff and doctors who provide quick and efficient appointments.
- Thorough and professional eye exams with doctors who explain everything in an understandable way.
- Caring and knowledgeable doctors who stay up to date on new technology and provide great care for patients of all ages.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
8293 Old Troy Pike, Huber Heights, OH 45424
The majority of reviewers had favorable experiences, highlighting the staff’s friendliness, professionalism and expertise. The eye doctors received positive feedback for comprehensive, informative exams. A few reviews mentioned negative experiences involving rushed service, billing issues and unhelpful optometrists.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention the staff members at this eye care center being welcoming, helpful, and knowledgeable about eye care, eye exams, and insurance. They specifically mention positive interactions with staff members such as Kelsey and Lexi.
- Good eye exam experience: Several reviewers had a positive experience during their eye exams, with doctors being thorough, informative, and professional. They felt listened to and had their concerns addressed.
- Wide selection and transparent pricing: Customers appreciated the choice of glasses available at different price ranges, and found the pricing well-marked to avoid confusion. They felt that they had various options to choose from without any pressure or confusion.
Andriena Erickson, OD
77 E Woodbury Dr #100, Dayton, OH 45415
Dr. Erickson’s professional and pleasant demeanor puts patients at ease. Her clear explanations and thorough exams give confidence. Patients praise her advocacy resolving any issues. Her knowledgeable, compassionate care is highly recommended.
- Dr. Erickson provides detailed and easy-to-understand information during eye exams.
- The staff is pleasant and makes patients feel at ease during the exam and dilation.
- Dr. Erickson takes the time to explain exam results and addresses all concerns.
Collins Vision Care
407 Corporate Center Dr suite c, Vandalia, OH 45377
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for its knowledgeable, efficient staff and the kind, patient care of its doctors. Patients describe a friendly, laid-back office with top-notch service, cutting-edge technology, and thorough eye exams and glasses. Dr. Collins comes highly recommended for delivering exceptional patient-centered care.
- Knowledgeable and efficient staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's knowledge and efficiency, making the appointment process smooth and ensuring a thorough eye exam.
- Kind and patient with children: Parents appreciate the staff's kindness, patience, and engaging approach when it comes to providing eye care for children, creating a positive and fun experience.
- Excellent service and care: Many reviews mention the friendly and accommodating staff, the high level of care provided by Dr. Collins, and the use of cutting-edge technology to ensure a thorough and comfortable eye exam.
Tipp Eye Center
115 S Tippecanoe Dr # A, Tipp City, OH 45371
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough exams using modern equipment. A few negative reviews cited insurance, prescription, and delivery issues, but the majority praised the professional, quality care.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams they received at the eye care center were thorough and detailed, giving them confidence in the accuracy of their eyeglass prescriptions. This indicates that the doctors take the time to carefully examine and explain the results to the patients.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendly and professional nature of the staff at the eye care center. Patients felt welcomed and well taken care of, with some mentioning positive interactions with receptionists, doctors, and eyewear staff. This suggests that the staff is attentive, knowledgeable, and creates a pleasant atmosphere for patients.
- Modern testing equipment: A reviewer mentioned being pleasantly surprised by the modern testing equipment used during their visit. This indicates that the eye care center invests in advanced technology to provide accurate and up-to-date eye care services.
Fairborn Vision Center
1790 Commerce Center Blvd, Fairborn, OH 45324
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and pleasant facility. Drs. Snyder and Shroder are often commended for their expertise and attentive care. A few reviewers did note issues with customer service and glasses quality.
- Friendly and child-friendly atmosphere: The eye care center provides a welcoming environment for children, with books, toys, and friendly staff.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at the eye care center is praised for their friendliness, care, and attentiveness to patients. They listen to concerns and provide personalized care.
Patrick L Spencer DO
425 W Grand Ave, Dayton, OH 45405
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough exams and doctor expertise. Patients cite efficient, comprehensive eye exams and skilled treatment of various conditions. Less favorable comments mention scheduling issues, disorganization, and reduced frame options after an optician change. Overall, reviewers recommend the center for attentive care and experienced staff.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Many reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are meticulous and comprehensive.
- Exceptional expertise: The ophthalmologist at this center is highly skilled and experienced in cataract surgery, LASIK, glaucoma surgery, and clinical research trials. Several reviews highlight the doctor's expertise and innovative approach to eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this center is described as professional, courteous, and willing to assist patients in resolving optical issues. Multiple reviews mention positive interactions with the staff members.
Bright Eyes Optical
5135 N Dixie Dr, Dayton, OH 45414
Bright Eyes Optical receives acclaim for clean facilities, cordial employees, and expedient eye exams. Patients commend the optometrist and staff for their proficient and compassionate service, willing to exceed expectations. However, some cite issues with incorrect orders, poor follow-through, and unaccommodating receptionists. In general, most customers report positive experiences and would recommend Bright Eyes.
- Clean and friendly environment with helpful front desk staff.
- Excellent customer service, including attentive and understanding eye doctor.
- Wide selection of eyewear options and willingness to assist with fixing or resolving any issues.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.