Best Eye Doctors In Ashtabula, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ashtabula Optometrists in Ashtabula, Ashtabula, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ashtabula reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Ashtabula.
Cleveland Eye Clinic
25101 Chagrin Blvd Suite 150, Beachwood, OH 44122
Most reviews praise the eye care center for thorough, pleasant exams, advanced equipment, and friendly staff. However, one reviewer reported deceptive billing. Patients overall appreciate the clean, professional, helpful clinic with eyewear available on-site. Drs. Cox and Warn receive particular positive mentions.
- Thorough and pleasant eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye exams at the Cleveland Eye Clinic, mentioning that they were thorough, state-of-the-art, and enjoyable experiences.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers complimented the staff at the clinic, noting that they were friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The receptionists, nurses, and doctors were all mentioned as being professional and providing excellent customer service.
- Child-friendly environment: One reviewer mentioned that the clinic had a kid-friendly atmosphere, with toys, drinks, and snacks available, as well as designated areas for children to play. This can be a great advantage for parents who want to bring their kids along for an eye exam.
Family Eyecare Clinic – Mentor
7200 Mentor Ave, Mentor, OH 44060
The eye care center was praised for prompt, professional service and courteous, thorough staff. However, some customers complained of high exam fees, rude receptionists, decreased accessibility and customization due to ownership changes, and problematic lens coatings. The center also received positive feedback for friendly staff, skilled optometrists, and diverse eyewear selection.
- Prompt and professional visit with courteous and skillful staff who do not rush patients and provide options and explanations.
- Same-day appointments available for eye exams and ordering new glasses, with helpful and patient staff who assist with finding the perfect pair.
- Exceptional optometrists who are thorough, patient, and knowledgeable, providing detailed explanations and exceptional care.
Family Eyecare Clinic – Painesville
77 Normandy Dr, Painesville, OH 44077
The overall sentiment is positive. Reviewers commend the thorough and knowledgeable doctors, especially Drs. Tedesco and Kane. The staff is noted as friendly and professional. However, some cite high prices and billing issues. In summary, the eye care center appears to offer attentive service, but pricing and billing may need review.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mention that the eye exams at this clinic are very thorough, with the doctors taking the time to answer all questions and explain any eye problems or conditions.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. Reviewers appreciate the professionalism and kindness of the doctors and office staff, making their experience positive and comfortable.
- No unnecessary upselling: Several reviewers appreciate that this eye care center does not try to sell them anything that is not necessary. They feel that the center focuses on providing quality care rather than pressuring customers into purchasing unnecessary products or services.
Visionworks Great Lakes Mall
7850 Mentor Ave #368, Mentor, OH 44060
The majority of customers report satisfactory experiences, complimenting the friendly, efficient service and extensive frame selections. However, some felt their exams were rushed and they were hurried out. Still, most enjoyed their visits and would recommend this eye care center.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers mentioned that they were able to get in and out of the eye care center quickly, with some even receiving same-day service for their eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews complimented the staff at this location, stating that they were kind, professional, and helpful in assisting with frame selection and providing guidance throughout the entire process.
- Good customer care: The eye care center was praised for providing excellent customer care, going above and beyond to fix broken glasses, offering a smooth and pleasant buying experience, and making customers feel valued and satisfied.
Eye Doctors of Madison – Dr. Michael A. Baker, O.D.
103 N Lake St, Madison, OH 44057
The Eye Doctors of Madison receive excellent reviews for thorough eye exams, friendly staff, and frame selection. Minor issues like an overly formal employee and inconvenient entrance were raised, but most customers strongly recommend this eye care provider.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were the most comprehensive and thorough they had ever experienced.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at the Eye Doctors of Madison were consistently described as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Several reviewers mentioned that Dr. Baker thoroughly explained everything during the exams, and the other staff members were also praised for their professionalism and friendliness.
- Great selection of frames: Reviewers mentioned that the center offers a great selection of frames for glasses, and that the opticians were helpful in choosing frames that fit their preferences and budget.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
9156 Mentor Ave, Mentor, OH 44060
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their excellent customer service and helpful staff. A few customers did report issues with incorrect prescriptions and high prices.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They found the employees to be knowledgeable, patient, and attentive to their needs.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciated the variety of glasses frames available at this location. They mentioned that the staff was patient in helping them find the right frames and provided honest feedback during the selection process.
- Affordable pricing and good value: Several customers mentioned that they were satisfied with the prices for their eye exams and glasses. They felt that they received good quality products and services for a reasonable cost.
Great Lakes Eyecare
7240 Center St, Mentor, OH 44060
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback, with most reviewers praising Dr. Bozic as informative, kind and attentive. While some cite long appointment wait times and ill-fitting glasses, the prevailing view commends the practice for its congenial staff, comprehensive eye exams and extensive frame selection.
- Dr. Bozic is informative, kind, and courteous, making the eye exam a pleasant experience.
- The office has a wide eyeglasses selection to choose from within the office, making it convenient for patients to find frames.
- The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, providing thorough and efficient visits.
North Coast Optical Vision
6380 N Ridge Rd, Madison, OH 44057
North Coast Optical is praised for its friendly, helpful staff, particularly Dr. Bashore’s knowledge, patience and thoroughness. The office is clean and well-stocked. Customers appreciate the modern technology and personalized service, though one reviewer mentioned insurance difficulties. Overall, they are highly recommended for attentive service.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Modern technology and up-to-date equipment for eye exams
- Excellent customer service and personalized care
- Accommodating and flexible with appointments
- Variety of glasses and contact lenses available
- Professional and polite throughout the whole process
- Goes above and beyond to ensure patient satisfaction
- Provides clear explanations and takes time to answer questions
- Great value for the quality of service received
3733 Park E Dr Suite 104, Beachwood, OH 44122
Customers found the eye care center’s staff to be welcoming and considerate. The optometrist, receptionist, and Paula in optical were highlights. Eye exams were efficient and comprehensive. Staff offered insightful recommendations when selecting glasses. Doctors and staff were professional, caring, and attentive to needs. Customers had a pleasant, satisfying experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful attitude of the receptionists, optometrists, and opticians. They were pleased with the assistance they received during the eye exam and in selecting frames.
- Efficient and thorough service: Multiple reviewers praised the efficiency and thoroughness of the eye exams. They appreciated that all their questions were answered and that the process was done in a timely manner.
- State-of-the-art facility: Several reviewers commented on the state-of-the-art equipment and technology used in the eye care center. They were impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and the attention given to wiping down surfaces.
Ophthalmic Physicians Incorporated
8140 Norton Pkwy Suite 110, Mentor, OH 44060
Patients appreciate the attentive and personal care from the eye doctors, who even follow up after surgeries. Reviews describe friendly and professional staff. Patients mention successful cataract surgeries and improved dry eye. The positive feedback highlights the expertise and caring nature of the doctors and staff.
- Highly experienced and skilled doctors: Many reviewers specifically mentioned Dr. Gregory A. Eippert and Dr. Eippert's team as being top-notch, caring, and knowledgeable. They provided detailed consultations, surgical expertise, and excellent follow-up care.
- Efficient and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at OPI for being friendly, efficient, and attentive to patients' needs. They appreciated the thoroughness and attention to detail in diagnosing and treating various eye conditions.
- Positive surgical outcomes: Several reviewers had successful cataract surgeries and reported improved vision after years of relying on glasses or contact lenses. They were able to see 20-20 or had incredible vision beyond their expectations.
Hillcrest Family Vision
5035 Mayfield Rd, Cleveland, OH 44124
Hillcrest Family Vision earns rave reviews for attentive eye doctors and a welcoming exam experience. Patients applaud Dr. Lander’s expertise, compassion, meticulous care, and talent putting people at ease. Her helpful, friendly staff also draws praise. A couple reviews cite long waits and unclear glasses orders, but most customers strongly recommend Hillcrest for vision care.
- Highly knowledgeable and caring optometrist: Dr. Lander is described as incredible, thorough, and knowledgeable. She takes the time to explain and ensure the best vision care for each patient.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Hillcrest Family Vision is described as super pleasant, warm, patient, and professional. They are known for providing top-notch service and making patients feel comfortable and welcomed.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.