Best Eye Doctors In Akron, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Akron Optometrists in Akron, Akron, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Akron reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Akron.
512 Canton Rd, Akron, OH 44312
Ellet Eye Care provides quality eye exams and eyeglasses with professional, knowledgeable staff. They offer stylish, affordable options and follow COVID protocols. Some reviewers reported unsatisfactory customer service and contacts delivery delays.
- Exceptional and thorough eye exams: The eye care center provides comprehensive and thorough eye exams, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure accurate and precise results.
- Extensive selection of stylish and affordable eyeglasses: They offer a wide range of frames to suit every taste and budget, and their knowledgeable staff are always on hand to help you find the perfect pair of glasses to suit your individual needs and style.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: From the moment you walk in, you are greeted with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and the staff are professional, knowledgeable, and genuinely caring about their patients' well-being.
Stanich Eye Care
796 Howe Ave, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback regarding eye exams and doctors, particularly Dr. Sharon Stanich’s warm, comprehensive care. However, some patients found limited budget-friendly glasses selections and high pricing disappointing.
- The eye exam itself was great, with kind and thorough staff.
- Dr. Sharon Stanich is a wonderful optometrist, known for being patient, kind, and attentive.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful throughout the entire eye care process.
- The doctor takes the time to explain everything during the eye exam, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- The office provides excellent patient care and a thorough eye exam, ensuring comprehensive treatment and addressing any issues.
796 Howe Ave, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
The eye care center received largely positive feedback for their helpful staff, especially Tony, and the professionalism of Dr. Stanich. Customers appreciated the thorough eye exams and quality glasses. A few customers noted issues with communication and limited glasses selection.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the staff at this eye care center as being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They provided excellent customer service, assisted with choosing frames, and went above and beyond to address individual needs.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers praised the eye exams at this location, noting they were quick, painless, and thorough. The eye doctors took their time to explain the process and provide options for different types of eye exams and glasses.
- Convenient and efficient service: Reviewers appreciated the convenience of scheduling appointments and the efficient service provided. The staff accommodated requests, such as scheduling multiple exams together, and helped expedite the process of obtaining prescriptions and ordering glasses or lenses.
Tallmadge Family Eye Care
137 East Ave #100, Tallmadge, OH 44278
Customers highlight Tallmadge Family Eyecare’s exceptional service. Reviewers describe the staff as friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. Many mention thorough eye exams and doctors and staff who are caring and compassionate. Customers highly recommend this eye care center for excellent service at competitive prices.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Thorough and efficient eye exams
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors
Kennedy Eye Center
1558 Akron Peninsula Rd, Akron, OH 44313
The Kennedy Eye Center receives consistently positive feedback for their comprehensive eye exams performed by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients frequently commend Drs. Kim and Potter as exceptional optometrists. The sole critical review cited an incorrect prescription and unaccommodating employees.
- Thorough and high-quality eye exams: Customers mentioned that the eye exams at the Kennedy Eye Center were thorough and comprehensive, ensuring a high level of quality in their services.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the eye care center. Customers felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits, particularly when it came to their children's eye exams.
- Modern facility and excellent service: The Kennedy Eye Center is praised for its modern facility and excellent service. Customers appreciated the clean environment and the professionalism of the staff. Many mentioned that they would highly recommend the center to others.
687 W Market St, Akron, OH 44303
Adolph Optical receives positive reviews for its friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and frame selection. However, some customers report appointment cancellations and incomplete exams. Most appreciate the personalized service and quality of care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Adolph Optical being kind, hospitable, and helpful. Customers feel well taken care of and appreciate the warm atmosphere.
- Comprehensive eye exams: One review highlights how Adolph Optical uncovered undiagnosed issues that other optometrists missed. This indicates that their eye exams are thorough and can identify potential problems.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention that Adolph Optical provides prompt service, whether it's repairing glasses or conducting eye exams. Customers appreciate the convenience and efficiency of their services.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
446 Howe Ave, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. Eye exams are thorough, and the staff helps patients select suitable eyewear. Wait times are minimal. Reviewers frequently commend the professionalism of staff members by name. Patients highly recommend this eye care center for its positive, stress-free experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, with employees like Alanna, Tonya, Jen, Bri, Thomas, and Annie receiving praise for their assistance during eye exams and frame selection.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers commented on the fast and efficient service they received, with short wait times for eye exams and frame fitting. The staff were able to accommodate busy schedules and complete the entire process within an hour.
- Positive experiences and customer satisfaction: Many reviewers expressed their overall satisfaction with their experiences at this eye care center. They mentioned seamless and good experiences, positive customer service, and feeling appreciated. The reviews also mentioned that this location has been their go-to for eye care and that they have had consistently positive experiences over the years.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.