Best LASIK Surgeon In Statesville, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 99 LASIK Surgeons in Statesville, NC, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1955 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Statesville.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6525 Carnegie Blvd Suite 108, Charlotte, NC 28211
Patients have praised the lasik surgeon practice for its easy and smooth process, professional surgeon, knowledgeable and kind staff, and excellent results. They appreciate the reassurance and explanation of the procedure by the surgeon, as well as the friendly and supportive environment of the staff. Many patients express gratitude for the life-changing experience and the ability to see clearly without glasses or contacts. The quick and painless procedure, along with the efficient and informative staff, are commonly mentioned as reasons for recommending the practice. However, there are also a few negative reviews mentioning overbooking and issues with warranty service.
- Professional and Knowledgeable Surgeon: The reviews consistently praise the surgeon's professionalism and knowledge, ensuring a smooth and reassuring experience.
- Friendly and Supportive Staff: The staff is described as kind, considerate, and encouraging, providing excellent customer service and making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Quick and Effective Procedure: Many reviews highlight how fast and painless the procedure is, with impressive results and improved vision within a short amount of time.
Providence Eye & Laser Specialists
3025 Springbank Ln #200, Charlotte, NC 28226
Patients have consistently praised the lasik surgeons at Providence Eye & Laser Specialists Charlotte, particularly Dr. Mozayeni, Dr. Nunnery, Dr. Mills, and Dr. Chen, for their exceptional skills and care. The staff is described as professional, kind, and attentive, providing a consistently pleasant experience. Many reviewers have had successful lasik or cataract surgeries, with improved vision and minimal discomfort during the procedures. Overall, patients highly recommend Providence Eye & Laser Specialists Charlotte for their eye care needs.
- Highly qualified and experienced surgeons: Dr. Mozayeni and Dr. Nunnery are both highly skilled and experienced lasik surgeons who have received glowing praise from multiple reviewers. They are known for their expertise and have provided excellent results for many patients.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff at Providence Eye & Laser Specialists have received consistent praise for their professionalism, kindness, and exceptional customer service. From the front desk to the technicians, reviewers have noted the polite and friendly interactions they have had with the staff.
- Thorough and informative consultations: Many reviewers mentioned that the surgeons and staff take the time to thoroughly explain the lasik procedure, answer all questions, and provide clear explanations of options and expectations. This level of communication and patient education is highly valued by those considering lasik surgery.
Horizon Eye Care in Mooresville NC
185 Joe Knox Ave, Mooresville, NC 28117
Overall, the lasik surgeon practice received mixed reviews. The positive reviews highlighted the professionalism and kindness of the staff, particularly the surgical coordinator Azra. Patients expressed gratitude for the life-changing surgery performed by Dr. Stolldorf and praised the excellent care received throughout their visits. The optical staff was also commended for their great customer service.
- Highly professional and caring staff: Despite some negative reviews about the staff, there are multiple positive reviews highlighting the professionalism and kindness of the staff members. This suggests that there are individuals within the practice who provide excellent patient care.
- Life-changing surgery: One review specifically mentions that the practice provided life-changing surgery that dramatically improved their vision. This indicates that the practice has the expertise and technology to deliver successful surgical outcomes.
- Informative and helpful surgical coordinator: A review mentions a surgical coordinator named Azra who was highly informative and helpful in explaining the upcoming surgery. This suggests that the practice has staff members who are dedicated to providing thorough and detailed information to patients.
- Note: The pros are based on the positive reviews that highlight specific aspects of the practice.
10616 Metromont Pkwy STE 102, Charlotte, NC 28269
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice, Accuvision LASIK, highlight the friendly and helpful staff who provide clear explanations and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Many reviewers mention the quick and painless procedure, with some experiencing improved vision within a day. The staff is praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and state-of-the-art facility, and the overall experience is described as transformative and life-changing.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention how the staff at Accuvision LASIK is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. Patients felt comfortable throughout the entire process and appreciated the supportive and informative approach of the staff.
- Experienced doctors: The surgeon, Dr. Hammonds, and the rest of the medical team have years of experience in performing LASIK procedures. Patients appreciated the expertise and professionalism exhibited by the doctors, which helped them feel confident in the procedure.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many patients commented on how quick and painless the LASIK surgery was at Accuvision. The entire procedure took just 10-15 minutes, and patients reported little to no discomfort during or after the surgery. This aspect was highly appreciated by those who were initially nervous about the procedure.
- Overall, Accuvision LASIK received positive reviews for its friendly staff, experienced doctors, and efficient and painless LASIK procedure.
2424 Century Pl SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Dr. Oursler and his team at Graystone Eye have received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their professionalism, effectiveness, and care. Patients praise the quick and painless procedures, exceptional results, and friendly staff. While there are a couple of negative reviews regarding post-surgery complications and scheduling difficulties, the majority of feedback highlights the highly skilled and caring nature of Dr. Oursler and his team.
- Highly professional and experienced team: The reviews consistently mention the professionalism and expertise of Dr. Oursler and his team. Patients feel well taken care of and trust their skills.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the surgery, stating that it was a life-changing experience. They are thrilled with the outcome and no longer need glasses or contact lenses.
- Excellent communication and patient care: Patients appreciate the clear and thorough communication throughout the process. Dr. Oursler and his team ensure that patients feel comfortable, informed, and supported from the initial consultation to the post-operative appointments.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article