Best LASIK Surgeon In Lexington, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lexington LASIK Surgeons in Lexington, Lexington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lexington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Lexington.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6525 Carnegie Blvd Suite 108, Charlotte, NC 28211
Current Specials: Save 20%* On LASIK!
The lasik surgeon receives consistently positive feedback for their professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff who walk patients through the quick, easy procedure that delivers life-changing results. Patients highlight the practice’s efficiency and cleanliness. Many reviewers strongly recommend this practice.
- The process was easy and efficient, from start to finish, with a professional and knowledgeable surgeon guiding the way.
- The staff was incredibly kind, considerate, and encouraging, providing reassurance and answering all questions. They were also highly knowledgeable about the procedure.
- The results were impressive, with many reviewers experiencing life-changing vision improvements. The surgeons and staff were praised for their friendliness and professionalism throughout the process.
Providence Eye & Laser Specialists
3025 Springbank Ln #200, Charlotte, NC 28226
Patients consistently commend the professionalism and attentiveness of the lasik surgeon practice’s staff. Drs. Mozayeni and Nunnery receive high marks for their surgical skill. The thorough pre-op explanations and exceptional post-op care give patients confidence in the procedures. Many describe the resulting vision improvements from lasik and cataract surgeries as life-changing. Patients strongly recommend this practice for its caring approach and successful outcomes.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons: Dr. Mozayeni, Dr. Nunnery, and Dr. Chen are highly praised for their expertise in performing lasik and other eye surgeries.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff members are consistently described as professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment.
- Excellent results and clear vision: Many reviewers have mentioned being thrilled with their results and experiencing improved vision. The surgeons at this practice have helped patients achieve 20/20 vision or better, leaving them highly satisfied with their procedures.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
1002 N Church St Suite 101, Greensboro, NC 27401
Patients report successful surgeries and 20/20 vision outcomes. Reviews praise the friendly, knowledgeable staff for providing excellent service. The experience is described as professional, quick, and painless.
- The surgery went well and resulted in 20/20 vision.
- The staff provided top-notch hospitality and made the patient feel comfortable and supported throughout the process.
- The doctors and staff were knowledgeable, professional, and provided excellent service, making the overall experience positive.
10616 Metromont Pkwy STE 102, Charlotte, NC 28269
Accuvision LASIK patients consistently describe an excellent experience, citing the warm and helpful staff, surgeons’ expertise, and clear guidance through each step. Patients feel well-cared for and comfortable with the quick, painless procedures that deliver impressive visual results. The modern, inviting facility receives high marks for cleanliness. Many enthusiastic reviewers recommend Accuvision LASIK and share their satisfaction with the overall process and improved vision.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at Accuvision LASIK is super friendly and welcoming. They provide excellent customer service throughout the entire Lasik journey, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Clear communication and thorough explanation: The surgeons and technicians at Accuvision LASIK are praised for their clear communication and thorough explanation of the Lasik procedure. They answer all questions and ensure that patients have a clear understanding of what to expect before, during, and after the surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the Lasik procedure at Accuvision LASIK was quick, typically taking only 10-15 minutes, and painless. They highlight the efficiency and professionalism of the surgeons, making the experience comfortable and stress-free.
2424 Century Pl SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Patients consistently commend Dr. Oursler and his team at Graystone Eye for their professionalism, meticulous care, and friendly expertise. Many are deeply grateful for the transformative lasik results. However, a few patients reported post-operative complications and challenges scheduling follow-ups.
- Dr. Oursler and his team provide a professional and knowledgeable experience, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail, with Dr. Oursler explaining each step of the procedure and addressing any concerns.
- Patients have reported successful and life-changing results, with many achieving 20/20 or even better vision the day after surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.