Best LASIK Surgeon In Hickory, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 72 LASIK Surgeons in Hickory, NC, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1503 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hickory.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6525 Carnegie Blvd Suite 108, Charlotte, NC 28211
The majority of the reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the professionalism and expertise of the surgeon and staff, as well as the ease and speed of the procedure. Many reviewers express their happiness and satisfaction with the life-changing results of their surgery, and highly recommend the practice to others. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention issues with blurry vision and difficulties in receiving post-operative follow-up care and touch-up procedures.
- The surgeon and staff are professional, knowledgeable, and reassuring, making the process go smoothly and reducing nervousness.
- The results are impressive, with many reviewers experiencing life-changing vision improvements, including 20/20 vision.
- The practice provides excellent customer service, with friendly and informative staff, efficient procedures, and a clean environment.
Providence Eye & Laser Specialists
3025 Springbank Ln #200, Charlotte, NC 28226
Patients have overwhelmingly positive experiences with the lasik surgeons at Providence Eye & Laser Specialists Charlotte. They praise Dr. Mozayeni, Dr. Nunnery, and Dr. Gray for their expertise, kindness, and thoroughness. The staff is consistently professional, friendly, and attentive, creating an excellent overall patient experience. Patients also appreciate the clear explanations of procedures, the use of advanced technology, and the successful outcomes of their surgeries. Overall, patients highly recommend Providence Eye & Laser Specialists for lasik surgery and other eye care needs.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeons: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the surgeons at this practice, particularly Dr. Mozayeni, are highly skilled and knowledgeable in performing Lasik and cataract surgeries. They were praised for their expertise and ability to provide excellent results.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviewers complimented the staff for being professional, kind, and friendly. From the front desk to the technicians, the staff members were described as polite, helpful, and attentive to patients' needs. This positive interaction contributed to a great overall experience.
- Thorough and informative consultations: The surgeons at this practice were commended for taking the time to thoroughly explain procedures and answer any questions patients had. They were described as patient, passionate, and willing to address concerns. This attention to detail and patient education helped create a sense of comfort and confidence in the surgeons' abilities.
10616 Metromont Pkwy STE 102, Charlotte, NC 28269
Accuvision LASIK has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from satisfied patients. Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, who provide thorough explanations and make them feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The quick and painless procedure, along with the professional and knowledgeable team, has left patients highly satisfied with their results. Many patients have experienced improved vision and would highly recommend Accuvision LASIK to others considering the procedure.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being super friendly and informative, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire LASIK process.
- Knowledgeable and experienced surgeons: The surgeons at Accuvision LASIK have years of experience and are praised for their expertise. They are thorough, professional, and make patients feel at ease.
- Quick and painless procedure with excellent results: Many reviewers mention that the LASIK surgery was quick and painless, with the entire procedure taking only 10-15 minutes. The results were highly successful, with many achieving better than 20/20 vision shortly after the surgery.
2424 Century Pl SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Patients have praised Dr. Oursler and his team at Graystone Eye for their professionalism and attention to detail. Many have found the LASIK surgery to be pain-free and successful, with improved vision within a day of the procedure. The staff at Graystone Eye are described as knowledgeable, friendly, and comforting, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism and knowledge of Dr. Oursler and his team. They feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the entire surgical process.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers report significant improvements in their vision after undergoing LASIK or lens replacement surgery with Dr. Oursler. Some achieve 20/20 vision or better, and some no longer require reading glasses.
- Life-changing experience: Numerous reviewers express their gratitude for Dr. Oursler and his staff, describing the surgery as a life-changing experience. They wish they had done it sooner and highly recommend Dr. Oursler for those considering LASIK or other eye procedures.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article