Best LASIK Surgeon In Fayetteville, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 110 LASIK Surgeons in Fayetteville, NC, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 7968 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Fayetteville.
Travers Lasik Vision Care
2501 Atrium Dr STE 200, Raleigh, NC 27607
The reviews for Travers LASIK Vision Care are overwhelmingly positive, with many reviewers praising the friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough consultations, and successful procedures. Several reviewers mentioned that they wish they had done the surgery sooner and highly recommend Travers to others. A few negative reviews mentioned long wait times and perceived lack of care, but these reviews are outnumbered by the positive experiences. Overall, Travers is praised for their professionalism, communication, and life-changing results.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and patient, taking the time to explain every step of the procedure.
- Dr. Travers is gentle and thorough throughout the whole process, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and safe.
- The procedure is quick, easy, and affordable, with high success rates and great results.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2525 Meridian Pkwy Suite 125, Durham, NC 27713
The lasik surgeon practice received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the staff's friendliness and knowledgeability, explaining the process clearly, and answering all their questions. Most were very satisfied with the procedure's outcome and quick recovery time. A few patients reported negative experiences with scheduling delays, and one had a poor experience with the doctor's pre- and post-operation care. Overall, patients had a great experience and highly recommended the practice to others.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who answer all questions and make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Efficient procedure with quick and easy recovery, resulting in improved vision.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients, with some even mentioning that they wish they had done it sooner.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6525 Carnegie Blvd Suite 108, Charlotte, NC 28211
Patients of this lasik surgeon practice have reported a great experience, with quick and easy procedures, friendly and informative staff, and painless treatments. Many praised the ability to see clearly without glasses or contacts, and the fact that everything was done to make them feel comfortable throughout the process, with all laser treatments and payment plans on offer. There were some concerns about overbooked appointments and blurry vision after surgery, but overall patients highly recommended this practice.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Friendly and informative staff, including Dr. Machat, who talks you through the surgery
- Great results, with many patients reporting better than 20/20 vision, improved quality of life, and appreciation for the gift of clear eyesight
Providence Eye & Laser Specialists
3025 Springbank Ln #200, Charlotte, NC 28226
Patients had great experiences with a range of doctors at Providence Eye & Laser Specialists. Dr. Mozayeni, Dr. Chen, Dr. Mills, and Dr. Nunnery were highly recommended for their professionalism and expertise, while the office staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciated the thoroughness of their exams and the clear explanations provided for all procedures. Despite the cost and initial anxiety, patients were happy with their vision outcomes and would highly recommend the practice to others.
- Staff are friendly, professional, and take the time to explain procedures and answer questions.
- Doctors have exceptional knowledge and expertise in the field, providing thorough and in-depth exams and consultations.
- Procedures performed are effective, resulting in improved vision and overall quality of life for patients. The practice also uses advanced technology and protocols to ensure patient safety and comfort.
Carolina Vision Center
2047 Valleygate Dr, Fayetteville, NC 28304
The lasik surgeons practice has received positive reviews for its excellent staff, with many patients noting the kindness and thoroughness of the nurses and assistants. Patients have praised the expertise of Dr. Woodcock, who has been noted for his precision and professionalism throughout the process. The practice has been commended for providing efficient, friendly, and compassionate service, and multiple patients have noted that their experiences with the practice's staff and doctors have been life-changing.
- Highly skilled lasik surgery - based on a review from a patient who had lasik surgery five years ago, the doctor did a phenomenal job and the patient still had perfect vision even after years.
- Responsive and caring staff - several reviews praise the staff for being accommodating, kind, and responsive. For instance, one review highlighted how Dr. Woodcock and his staff were able to fit a patient into their tight schedule, even during the holidays.
- Professional and efficient - reviewers commend the clinic for being professional, efficient, and knowledgeable in their field of work. Patients praised the thoroughness and expertise of Dr. Freemen and Dr. Woodcock, as well as the knowledge and attentiveness of the assistants and nurses.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
1002 N Church St Suite 101, Greensboro, NC 27401
Patients who have had lasik surgery with this practice have generally reported positive experiences and great results, with most praising the staff's professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness during the surgery and follow-up appointments. However, some patients reported issues with the communication and post-op care, and there were a few negative reviews regarding the practice's warranty and customer service. Overall, the majority of patients seem to be very satisfied with their experience and would recommend the practice to others.
- Friendly and welcoming staff who make patients feel comfortable during the consultation process
- Successful and painless LASIK surgeries with amazing results, with patients reporting improved vision and no problems since the procedure
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who are detailed in their instructions and provide excellent pre- and post-op care to ensure a smooth experience for the patient.
Dr. Anton Vlasov, DO
300 Pavilion Wy, Southern Pines, NC 28387
Patients consistently praise Dr. Vlasov and his team at Pinehurst Surgical Clinic Ophthalmology, describing him as patient, knowledgeable, and caring. They appreciate that he takes the time to explain procedures and answer their questions, and are happy with the results of their surgeries. Patients mention how painless and quick their procedures were, and many now have 20/20 vision. The staff is described as kind, efficient, and welcoming. Patients also remark on the cleanliness of the office and are impressed with the flexibility provided by the scheduling staff. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Dr. Vlasov and Pinehurst Surgical Clinic Ophthalmology for anyone needing an ophthalmologist.
- Dr. Vlasov is knowledgeable, skilled and thorough in explaining procedures and expectations.
- The staff is friendly, professional and efficient, providing outstanding service and care.
- The practice offers a range of eye correction surgeries with pain-free, quick, easy, and successful results, including cataract surgery and LASIK.
Laser Eye Center of Carolina
3701 NW Cary Pkwy #101, Cary, NC 27513
The Lasik surgeon, Dr. Dornic, receives positive reviews for his surgical skills and his ability to provide a successful procedure with great results. His laser eye center is praised for their welcoming and friendly staff, especially Jasmine, who is described as caring, helpful, and patient. Patients also appreciated the helpfulness of Pam and the professionalism of Eric. Patients had great experiences with lasik surgery, cornea transplant, and the Kamra Inlay. Some patients had negative experiences with wait times, staff responsiveness, and billing issues.
- Excellent and successful LASIK surgeries performed by Dr. Dornic
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease
- A focus on patient care and understanding, with staff members like Jasmine going above and beyond to help patients in need
Raleigh Eye Center Durham
6104 Fayetteville Rd STE 108, Durham, NC 27713
Patients have praised the expertise, professionalism, friendliness, and efficiency of the entire staff and physicians at the Raleigh Eye Center, especially Dr. Wrzosek, Dr. Hunt, and Dr. Kiley. Patients have experienced little to no wait times for appointments, thorough and informative examinations, and helpful, accommodating front office staff. Many patients have had successful Lasik and other eye surgeries that have yielded excellent vision, and many have also had positive experiences purchasing glasses and frames at the office.
- Highly skilled and professional doctors who are knowledgeable, courteous, efficient, and thorough in their examinations and treatments.
- Excellent patient care with quick and easy appointments, almost non-existent wait times, and friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to assist patients with scheduling and billing.
- Successful lasik surgeries resulting in perfect vision for patients, with personalized care that puts anxious patients at ease and extensive pre-op and post-op care instructions to ensure the best possible outcome.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article