Best LASIK Surgeon In Concord, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Concord LASIK Surgeons in Concord, Concord, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Concord reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Concord.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6525 Carnegie Blvd Suite 108, Charlotte, NC 28211, United States
Patients were highly satisfied with their lasik surgery experience, describing the surgeon as professional and the process as smooth. The kind, considerate, and knowledgeable staff provided reassurance, answering all questions. Many were pleased with the life-changing results and recommended the practice. Quick, easy procedures and caring, informative staff were consistenly mentioned as highlights.
- The surgeon and staff were professional, friendly, and knowledgeable, providing a reassuring and comfortable experience.
- Many reviewers reported excellent results, with life-changing vision improvements, such as achieving 20/20 vision quickly.
- The overall process was described as easy, quick, and painless, with minimal downtime and a smooth recovery.
Providence Eye & Laser Specialists
3025 Springbank Ln #200, Charlotte, NC 28226, United States
Patients appreciate Dr. Mozayeni and Dr. Nunnery at Providence Eye & Laser Specialists for their expertise, thorough examinations, and dedication. Patients frequently comment on the professional, kind, and attentive staff. Many share positive experiences, with successful surgery outcomes and enhanced vision.
- Highly skilled surgeons: Dr. Mozayeni, Dr. Gray, and Dr. Nunnery are praised for their expertise in performing LASIK and cataract surgeries respectively. Patients appreciate their thoroughness, passion, and successful outcomes.
- Professional and friendly staff: The entire team, including the office staff, assistants, and technicians, is consistently described as polite, kind, and friendly. They provide a professional and welcoming environment, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- Excellent patient care: Patients appreciate the personalized care they receive throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to follow-up visits. The surgeons take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
Metrolina Eye Associates – University
8816 University E Dr UNIT C, Charlotte, NC 28213, United States
The lasik practice is known for its excellent staff, attention to detail, and kind treatment. Patients appreciate the clean office, thorough exams, and friendly service. Dr. Blotnick comes highly recommended for his expertise.
- Excellent staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and professional staff at the practice. Patients appreciate their attention to detail and kind treatment.
- Thorough and professional: The lasik surgeon and the entire team are praised for their professionalism, thoroughness, and knowledge. Patients feel well-informed and confident in their care.
- Courteous and caring: Several reviews emphasize the kind, patient, and caring nature of the staff and doctors at the practice. Patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their visits.
10616 Metromont Pkwy STE 102, Charlotte, NC 28269, United States
Accuvision LASIK patients consistently appreciate the friendly and professional staff who help them feel at ease through the entire process. Highly-skilled surgeons clearly explain the procedure and achieve quick, painless surgeries. Many patients see 20/15 the day after surgery. With its excellent service and life-changing vision correction, Accuvision LASIK comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews consistently mention how the staff at Accuvision LASIK is super friendly, welcoming, and informative. Patients felt well taken care of throughout the entire process.
- Experienced and professional surgeons: Patients were impressed by the surgeons' knowledge and expertise. The surgeons at Accuvision LASIK have years of experience, and their skill is evident in the quick and painless procedures.
- Excellent results: Many patients reported great results after their LASIK surgeries at Accuvision LASIK. They achieved improved vision, often surpassing 20/20 vision. Patients were highly satisfied with the outcome and felt like it was a life-changing decision.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.