Best Eye Doctors In Wake Forest, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Wake Forest Optometrists in Wake Forest, Wake Forest, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Wake Forest reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Wake Forest.
McPherson Family Eye Care
3150 Rogers Rd STE 110, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Overall, the reviews portray this eye care center in a positive light. Patients note the efficiency and thoroughness of the eye exams and the helpful, knowledgeable staff. A few instances of communication issues between the clinic and optical department led to some frustration, though the consensus remains that this is an excellent provider of eye exams and eyewear.
- Same-day appointments for evaluations of eye issues and quick access to necessary treatment.
- Gentle and hardly noticeable air puff during eye exams, making the process more comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff, with the doctors explaining prescriptions and offering recommendations for vision health.
Family EyeCare Center
7500 Ramble Way #101, Raleigh, NC 27616
Family Eye Care Center receives positive feedback for its modern equipment, clean facilities, knowledgeable staff, and frame selection. Patients appreciate the personalized attention during exams and quick glasses turnaround. A few negative reviews cite issues with customer service, pricing, and prescription accuracy.
- Modern equipment and knowledgeable staff: The eye care center is equipped with modern equipment and staffed by knowledgeable professionals who take the time to explain the process and answer any questions.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that the staff at the eye care center are friendly, quick, and professional. They have had expedient experiences, from scheduling appointments to receiving new glasses.
- Extensive eye exams and reasonable prices: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the reasonable prices for glasses. They feel that the prices are fair and the exams are comprehensive.
Fox Eye Care Group Raleigh
5959 Triangle Town Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27616
The eye care center receives favorable reviews for its thorough exams, professional and kind doctors, knowledgeable staff, convenient location, and easy appointment scheduling.
- Excellent eye exam department with short wait times for appointments
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide professional service and take their time during exams
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors who explain assessments and answer questions
The Eye Institute OD, PA
3211 Rogers Rd # 100, Wake Forest, NC 27587
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for its knowledgeable optometrists like Drs. Lu, Yoakum, and Liu. Patients praise the thorough exams and friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended for eye exams, glasses, and contacts. However, one customer was dissatisfied with inadequate assistance adjusting to bifocals.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center provides thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that every aspect of the patient's eyes is observed and tested.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, including the optometrists and technicians. They go out of their way to make patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visit.
- Excellent with children: Several reviews specifically mention positive experiences with eye exams for children. The optometrists are praised for their patience, energy, and ability to ease children's anxiety during the exams.
Wake Forest Eye Care Center
11724 Retail Dr, Wake Forest, NC 27587
The eye care center is lauded for its professional, knowledgeable staff who provide thorough exams in a clean, pleasant environment. However, one negative review cites an optometrist’s mistake and unsatisfactory follow-up.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind, patient, and helpful nature of the staff at the eye care center. They are praised for their thoroughness in answering questions and providing recommendations.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the optometrists at the eye care center. They mention receiving precise and informative eye exams, including the use of high-tech equipment.
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy Ste 115, Raleigh, NC 27616
Triangle Eyecare receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, thorough, and attentive service. However, some patients noted issues with Dr. Klaus’s bedside manner and limited office hours.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Triangle Eyecare is warm, kind, and attentive, creating a pleasant and comfortable environment for patients.
- Thorough and competent eye exams: Many reviewers express satisfaction with the thoroughness of their eye exams and appreciate the knowledge and professionalism of the doctors at Triangle Eyecare.
- Convenient and clean location: Several reviews mention that the office is conveniently located and clean, making it a hassle-free and hygienic environment for eye care services.
Dr. Melissa T. McBrien
12000 Retail Dr, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Dr. McBrien is highly recommended for her professional, thorough, and compassionate approach to eye care. Patients feel comfortable during exams thanks to her attention to detail and efficiency. She takes care to follow COVID-19 precautions. Her depth of knowledge ensures she provides skilled service.
- Dr. McBrien is highly knowledgeable and thorough in her eye exams, providing sound advice and taking the time to listen to her patients' questions and concerns.
- Patients feel comfortable and at ease during their appointments with Dr. McBrien, appreciating her friendly and caring demeanor.
- Dr. McBrien is praised for her professionalism, expertise, and ability to keep appointments running smoothly and efficiently.
North Wake Eye Care
220 Southtown Cir, Rolesville, NC 27571
North Wake Eye Care patients overwhelmingly appreciated the care and professionalism of the staff, particularly Dr. Merckle for his thoroughness and dedication. The office drew acclaim for its cutting-edge equipment and efficient service. However, a few patients had negative experiences involving an impolite receptionist and mask policy. Overall, North Wake Eye Care was depicted as a friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating eye care facility.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams at North Wake Eye Care are thorough and the doctors take the time to educate patients about their eyes and answer any questions.
- Friendly and professional staff: Numerous reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional staff at North Wake Eye Care. They mention feeling welcomed and well taken care of during their visit.
- Convenient eyeglass selection: One reviewer specifically mentions that North Wake Eye Care has a complete line of eyeglasses and frames available within their store, making it convenient for patients to choose and purchase their eyewear.
14460 New Falls of the Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27614
Patients speak highly of Dr. Peters’ skill in identifying serious eye diseases and his compassionate care. The staff, especially Natalie and Ashley, earn praise for guiding customers in choosing frames. Patients appreciate the team’s friendliness, attentiveness, and convenient appointment scheduling.
- Dr. Peters is highly praised for his friendly and efficient service, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- The staff at the eye care center, such as Natalie, Ashley, and Annie, are knowledgeable and provide excellent assistance in selecting frames, especially for children.
- The appointment setting process is easy, and the staff is attentive and efficient, ensuring minimal wait times and a smooth overall experience.
Kelly Eye Center – Ingleside Place
11009 Ingleside Pl #104, Raleigh, NC 27614
The eye care center is highly recommended for their friendly, knowledgeable staff who provide professional, prompt service. Patients find the doctors and staff give clear explanations of procedures, creating an excellent, welcoming atmosphere.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. Patients feel comfortable and well-informed during their appointments.
- Professional and efficient service: Reviewers mention that the services at this eye care center are administered quickly and professionally, with courteous and helpful staff members. The tests and procedures are thorough, ensuring a high level of quality.
- Excellent patient care: Patients appreciate the attentive and respectful treatment they receive from Dr. Kelly and his staff. They feel listened to and their needs are prioritized, creating a positive experience overall.
Kris J. Roy, OD
2114 S Main St, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Dr. Roy provided a professional, thorough eye exam, answering all questions. She goes above and beyond, even calling after hours with test results. The friendly, professional staff and convenient locations make visits easy.
- Dr. Roy is highly professional, asks the right questions, and provides thorough explanations during eye exams.
- Dr. Roy demonstrates exceptional dedication and care by personally following up with patients and providing additional details about test results, even after office hours.
- The entire staff is friendly, professional, and capable of providing eye care services for the whole family.
Dr. Stephannie Griffin
10224 Durant Rd, Raleigh, NC 27614
This eye care center is highly regarded for an attentive doctor who educates patients and provides thorough eye examinations. Patients describe friendly, efficient staff and quick appointments. Satisfied customers mention receiving proper prescriptions and helpful guidance. Overall, reviewers recommend this practice.
- The doctor at this eye care center is highly praised for spending time with patients, answering questions, and providing education about their eyes.
- The staff is described as nice, friendly, and knowledgeable.
- The practice is commended for providing excellent assistance in obtaining the correct formula for prescription glasses and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Jamie Hanna, O.D.
11724 Retail Dr, Wake Forest, NC 27587
This eye care center is known for prompt service, with customers seen on time without waiting. However, some customers noted that frame prices tend to be higher than at other eye centers.
- Prompt and efficient service: Many reviewers mentioned being seen on time and not having to wait for testing or the eye exam.
- Efficient testing process: Reviewers appreciated the smooth transition from testing to the eye exam.
- High-quality eye care: Although not explicitly mentioned in the given reviews, it can be inferred that the eye care provided is satisfactory as no negative comments regarding the actual eye exams or care were made.
Animal Eye Care
1608 Heritage Commerce Ct Suite #160, Wake Forest, NC 27587
The eye care center’s reviews highlight Dr. Gift’s skilled expertise treating conditions like glaucoma, cataracts, and corneal ulcers. Patients describe attentive staff who explain treatments clearly and provide prompt, supportive care.
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff: Customers appreciate the expertise of Dr. Gift and his staff in diagnosing and treating various eye conditions in pets. They have been successful in preserving animals' vision and providing effective treatment plans.
- Efficient and organized service: Customers appreciate the quick response and efficient service provided by the eye care center. They have been satisfied with the ease of getting appointments, prompt communication, and timely procedures.
- Compassionate and empathetic staff: Customers feel welcomed and supported by the caring and empathetic nature of Dr. Gift and his staff. They appreciate the reassurance and understanding they have received during challenging times for their pets.
12000 Retail Dr, Wake Forest, NC 27587
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for helpful, knowledgeable staff like Laura and Diane. Customers often have great experiences selecting glasses and appreciate the professional service. However, some negative reviews mention rude staff, unreturned calls, and a disorganized environment. Though mostly positive, there is room for improvement in staff attitudes and organization.
- The staff at this eye care center, particularly Laura and Diane, have been praised for their helpfulness, professionalism, and knowledge of eyewear options.
- Customers have had positive experiences with the opticians, who are friendly, patient, and ensure proper fitting of frames and lenses.
- The eye care center offers a good selection of frames at affordable prices, making it a great option for those looking for budget-friendly eyewear.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.