Best Eye Doctors In Shelby, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Shelby Optometrists in Shelby, Shelby, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Shelby reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Shelby.
Advanced Family Eye Care
7547 Waterside Loop Rd # A, Denver, NC 28037
Advanced Family Eye Care’s eye doctors and staff receive high marks for thorough, knowledgeable, and professional exams. Patients feel well cared for in the office’s comfortable, friendly setting. Many loyal customers enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they had the most thorough eye exams they've ever had at this eye care center. The doctors and staff go above and beyond to ensure that all aspects of their patients' eye health are examined.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for their professionalism, knowledge, and friendly demeanor. They felt comfortable and well taken care of throughout the entire process, from check-in to the exam itself.
- Excellent customer service and care: Several reviewers mentioned the exceptional care and attention they received at this eye care center. They appreciated the personalized service, COVID precautions, and timely follow-ups. The staff's genuine concern for their patients' eye care needs was highly regarded.
Complete Eye Care
1200 Spruce St, Belmont, NC 28012
Complete Eye Care provides thorough eye exams and clear explanations from knowledgeable doctors. Patients describe the staff as helpful, friendly and welcoming. They appreciate the wide selection of glasses and sunglasses, as well as the quick and comfortable exams.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the staff and doctors at Complete Eye Care perform thorough eye exams and take the time to explain the procedures and results to patients. This indicates a commitment to providing comprehensive eye care.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at Complete Eye Care. From the greeters to the doctors, the staff is praised for being polite, cheerful, and personable. This positive interaction can help patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visit.
- Wide selection of glasses: Many reviews mention the office's extensive selection of glasses, allowing patients to find the right pair that suits their preferences. Having a good variety of options to choose from can enhance the overall experience and satisfaction of finding the perfect pair of glasses.
Gaston Eye Associates
2325 Aberdeen Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28054
Some patients experienced long waits, poor customer service, and scheduling problems. A few even saw ants and felt rushed during exams. However, overall, patients appreciated the professional, thorough care from doctors like Dr. Foster and Dr. Mazahri. Though administrative issues persisted, most were pleased with their exams and the quality of care received.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, courteous, and professional. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams conducted at this center are thorough and comprehensive. The optometrists take their time to explain the procedures and findings, ensuring that patients understand their eye health.
- Accommodating appointments: A couple of reviews mention that the practice is able to accommodate same-day appointments for emergencies or urgent eye care needs. This shows that they prioritize patient care and strive to provide timely service.
1180 Wyke Rd, Shelby, NC 28150
The reviews for this eye care center are largely positive, describing attentive doctors, friendly staff, and short wait times. However, one patient reported a troubling, traumatic interaction with a particular doctor that resulted in lingering distrust.
- Thorough exams: Dr. Bailey took the time to listen and thoroughly check for any possible causes. She explained everything carefully and in a manner that patients could understand.
- Friendly and personable staff: The staff at the eye care center in Shelby are warm, personable, and helpful. Patients feel comfortable and enjoy their interactions with the staff.
- Quick repairs and service: The eye care center is quick with occasional repairs of hearing aids. They replaced a wire and cleaned them fast, providing convenience and efficient service.
Carolina Eye Care
623 N NC-16, Denver, NC 28037
Carolina Eye Care draws acclaim for their patient-focused, professional staff who conduct comprehensive eye exams with advanced equipment. The knowledgeable, accommodating team offers a personal touch, though some reviews cited long waits and communication issues. Overall, Carolina Eye Care is well-regarded for their quality eye care services.
- Customer-focused staff: The staff at Carolina Eye Care are highly praised for their friendly and professional demeanor, making patients feel welcome and valued.
- Thorough and state-of-the-art eye exams: Patients appreciate the use of advanced equipment and the knowledge of the doctors, leading to more precise results and a thorough examination.
- Accommodating and responsive: The office staff is described as helpful, accommodating, and responsive, addressing patient concerns and scheduling appointments promptly.
Carolina Eye Care
231 N Generals Blvd, Lincolnton, NC 28092
Carolina Eye Care receives high recommendations for their welcoming, knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art equipment. Reviewers appreciate the thorough eye exams and frame selection guidance. However, one review notes the lack of an onsite ophthalmologist and high exam and eyewear costs. Most reviews are positive and recommend Carolina Eye Care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams, with doctors who take the time to explain conditions and answer questions.
- Vast selection of frames and assistance in finding the perfect fit and style for glasses.
2396 E Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28054
Carolina Eye in Gastonia draws positive reviews for professional, thorough eye exams and helpful staff. Patients note prompt service, knowledgeable doctors, and fair pricing. The office stands out for cleanliness, COVID-19 safety, and current technology.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and conducted by knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, polite, and attentive. They provide prompt service and answer all questions and concerns.
- Convenience and reasonable prices: Patients praise the convenience of scheduling appointments and the reasonable prices for eye exams, glasses, and contacts. Additionally, the center offers technology up-to-date equipment.
410 W King St, Kings Mountain, NC 28086
The eye care center is well-regarded for its friendly, helpful staff and knowledgeable doctors. Patients note the professional, efficient service with short wait times. Thorough explanations accompany diagnoses and treatments. Reviewers also appreciate the clean environment and easy access to insurance information. This highly recommended clinic excels at eye exams and fitting glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Carolina Eye Care is friendly, courteous, and helpful. This creates a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviewers mentioned that they were seen promptly and had their eye exams done quickly. The clinic appears to be well-organized and efficient in managing appointments.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors at Carolina Eye Care for their expertise and knowledge in the field of eye care. They felt that the doctors took the time to answer their questions and provide thorough explanations.
Cleveland Eyecare, OD, PA
422 W Warren St, Shelby, NC 28150
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their caring, thorough service and friendly, professional staff. Patients particularly appreciate Drs. Hamrick and Street. Many recommend the clinic for eye exams and glasses. A few negative reviews cite billing issues and unwanted procedures.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews highlight the courteous and professional nature of the staff at Cleveland Eyecare, making patients feel welcome and comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough eye exams: Patients praise both Dr. Shep Hamrick and Dr. Street for providing detailed and comprehensive eye exams, taking the time to address any concerns or questions.
- Personalized service: The team at Cleveland Eyecare is commended for their personalized approach, offering assistance in selecting glasses and adjusting frames to ensure a perfect fit.
Vita Eye Clinic
222 N Lafayette St #12, Shelby, NC 28150
This eye care center is highly recommended for its thorough eye exams, helpful and friendly staff, and welcoming atmosphere. Customers describe Dr. Vollmer as knowledgeable, kind, and providing excellent care.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams performed by Dr. Vollmer and the staff at this eye care center are exceptionally thorough and detailed. Customers appreciated the level of attention given to their eye health during the exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Numerous reviews highlight the staff at this eye care center for being friendly, patient, and helpful. Customers felt comfortable and welcomed, and appreciated the staff's knowledge and expertise in guiding them through the process of selecting glasses.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention that the eye care center provided quick and efficient service, with minimal waiting time for appointments. Customers appreciated the convenience and promptness of getting their eye exams done.
Gaston Eye Associates
820 Lower Dallas Hwy, Dallas, NC 28034
The eye care center receives rave reviews for its caring, professional staff, with patients frequently mentioning the friendliness of Ann and Dr. Baker. Patients describe thorough exams and appreciate the expert help choosing glasses. The office comes highly recommended overall for its quality care and warm service.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, patient, and caring. The staff members are helpful in assisting with frame selection and addressing any issues or repairs needed.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers commend the doctors, specifically Dr. Baker, for their professionalism and thoroughness during eye exams. They feel well taken care of and appreciate the time and attention given to their specific needs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.