Best Eye Doctors In Rockingham, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Rockingham Optometrists in Rockingham, Rockingham, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Rockingham reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Rockingham.
Spectrum Eye Center
160 Fox Hollow Ct, Pinehurst, NC 28374
Patients generally have positive experiences with the knowledgeable, efficient doctors and friendly staff at this eye care center. While waits, appointment availability, and customer service issues around glasses orders are mentioned in some negative reviews, most patients recommend this practice for thorough, professional eye exams and comprehensive eye care.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and comprehensive, leaving patients feeling satisfied and well-informed about their vision health.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff at the eye center. From receptionists to optician assistants, the staff is described as welcoming, informative, and patient-focused.
- Quick appointment availability: Several reviewers mention that they were able to get appointments quickly, even when other places were booked out for months. This demonstrates the accessibility and efficiency of the eye center in accommodating patients' needs.
Carolina Eye Associates
2170 Midland Rd, Southern Pines, NC 28387
Most reviews praise the professionalism, knowledge, and thoroughness of the eye doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the efficient exams and friendly service. However, one negative review cites unprofessional behavior and a rushed exam by a specific doctor. Still, most reviewers recommend the eye care center and trust the doctors.
- Personalized care: Reviewers mentioned that the eye care center provided personalized care, addressing their specific needs and conditions. They felt welcomed by the staff and received thorough and efficient examinations.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews praised the knowledge and professionalism of the doctors and staff at the eye care center. They appreciated the quality of customer service and the expertise exhibited during the exams.
- Range of eye care services: Reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offers a full range of services, from routine eye exams to eye surgeries. This was particularly important to those who needed additional procedures like cataract surgery or macular hole repair.
Triangle Visions Optometry
1776 Old Morganton Rd, Southern Pines, NC 28387
The first review reports delayed glasses delivery and unresponsive office communication. The second criticizes discourteous, unprofessional staff and uncomfortably strong prescriptions. The third praises friendly, knowledgeable staff delivering smooth eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain the process and answer questions and concerns.
- New and nice office facilities.
- Dr. Fogleman is patient and thorough in conducting eye exams.
Carolina Eye Associates
101 Medical Cir, Rockingham, NC 28379
The eye care center offers friendly, caring service and thorough examinations by knowledgeable doctors, though some patients experienced longer wait times. Patients recommend this center for quality eye and vision care.
- The doctors are clear and informative during eye examinations, providing succinct information for post-treatment care or support.
- The staff and doctors are friendly, caring, and create a welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- The eye care center is accommodating, allowing patients to come in without an appointment and working them in the same day.
Spec Shoppe The
211 W Broad Ave, Rockingham, NC 28379
The eye care center is well-reviewed for prompt service, comprehensive exams, and an accommodating staff. Patients also note affordable contact prices and quick glasses repairs. The center comes highly recommended for eye care.
- Prompt and efficient service: The eye care center was highly praised for their prompt response and efficient service. They were commended for calling back promptly and providing a good eye exam.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful nature of the staff and doctor. They were described as pleasant, friendly, and treating patients like family. The staff was also commended for going above and beyond to help with glasses-related issues.
- Affordable prices: Reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offered reasonable prices for contact fittings and other services. One person specifically mentioned getting a fitting and trial pair of contacts for $60, which was significantly cheaper than other places they had checked.
Carolina Eye Associates
514 S Main St, Laurinburg, NC 28352
Carolina Eye in Laurinburg, North Carolina receives positive feedback for their friendly, caring, and professional doctors and staff who take time to explain eye exam procedures. However, some patients reported challenges with appointment cancellations and long wait times, indicating a need to improve scheduling and patient communication.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and caring nature of the staff, indicating a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Informative and thorough explanations: Reviewers appreciated the fact that the eye care center provided detailed explanations and took the time to address any concerns or questions.
- Professional and competent service: Multiple reviews mentioned the professionalism and competence of the staff, suggesting a high standard of care.
Dr. Kurt A Jute, D.O.
1603 Medical Dr D, Laurinburg, NC 28352
Dr. Jute is highly regarded at the eye care center for his skill in treating eye conditions, particularly cataract surgery and vision improvement. Even in critical cases where blindness was a possibility, his expertise has been credited with restoring sight. Patients consistently highlight his caring approach and dedication, making Dr. Jute their trusted eye doctor.
- Highly skilled and caring doctor: Many reviewers praise Dr. Jute for his expertise and the level of care he provides. They specifically mention successful cataract surgery, improved vision for their daughter's eyes, and saving someone from going blind.
- Long-standing patient relationships: The fact that some reviewers have been seeing Dr. Jute for many years speaks to the trust and satisfaction they have with his services. This indicates that he builds long-term relationships with his patients and consistently delivers quality care.
- Excellent staff: Reviewers also mention the wonderful staff at the eye care center. This suggests that the entire team is friendly, supportive, and contributes to a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
Smith Optometric PLLC
720 US-74 BUS, Rockingham, NC 28379
The eye care center is well-reviewed for efficient, friendly service, including prompt appointments, short wait times, and attentive staff. Patients recommend Dr. Smith for his professional and attentive manner.
- Efficient and fast service: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were able to get in and out quickly without feeling rushed, indicating that the eye care center values their patients' time.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff, mentioning that they were nice, courteous, and caring towards patients. This suggests that the eye care center provides a welcoming and comfortable environment for its visitors.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The reviews highlight the expertise and professionalism of Dr. Smith and his staff, with multiple reviewers expressing confidence in the doctor's ability to diagnose and recommend treatment options.
Spectrum Eye Center: Hendrix Ralph M OD
160 Fox Hollow Ct, Pinehurst, NC 28374
Dr. Kenny Bumgarner provides attentive and informative diabetic eye exams at Spectrum Eye Center. The bright, welcoming facility houses a professional, helpful team. For thorough eye care, Spectrum Eye Center comes highly recommended.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: The review highlights that Dr. Kenny Bumgarner provides a thorough and professional diabetic eye exam, indicating high quality care for those with specific needs.
- Patient-centered approach: Dr. Bumgarner's patience and willingness to answer questions shows a commitment to patient education and understanding, making individuals feel comfortable and well-informed during their visit.
- Welcoming atmosphere and helpful staff: The Spectrum Eye Center is described as bright, cheery, and welcoming, ensuring a positive and comfortable experience. The review also mentions that all staff members are professional and helpful, indicating a supportive environment for eye care needs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.