Best Eye Doctors In Kinston, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Kinston Optometrists in Kinston, Kinston, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Kinston reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Kinston.
Carolina Vision Care
1804 W Arlington Blvd, Greenville, NC 27834
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional, and thorough doctors and staff. Patients appreciated the affordable pricing and selection of frames. Some had great pediatric eye exam experiences. However, a couple reviewers expressed dissatisfaction regarding contact lens services.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff members at this eye care center were friendly, professional, and provided excellent customer service.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that they had the most thorough eye exams they had ever experienced at this center. The doctors took the time to explain the results and treatment options, making patients feel well cared for.
- Family-friendly and pediatric eye care: One reviewer specifically mentioned that this center is great for pediatric eye exams, highlighting the staff's ability to work well with children and create a positive experience for younger patients.
Atlantic Eye Center, Optometric Services
2803 Cashwell Dr, Goldsboro, NC 27534
Atlantic Eye Care receives high praise for its friendly, helpful staff and expert eye doctors. The office is clean and uses up-to-date technology. A few reviewers did note issues with glasses quality, contacts, and wait times.
- Quick and efficient service: Customers mention that they were able to get in for an eye exam and order glasses quickly, with a short wait time.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being super friendly and courteous, providing excellent customer service.
- Clean and cozy atmosphere: Customers appreciate the clean and cozy environment of the eye care center, which adds to their overall positive experience.
Ophthalmology Eye Associates of Goldsboro (Goldsboro Eye Clinic)
2709 Medical Office Pl, Goldsboro, NC 27534
Reviews commend this eye care center’s kind, professional staff for explaining procedures thoroughly. Though a few comment on longer wait times and suggest expanding the office and hiring younger staff to improve efficiency, most express satisfaction with their exams and recommend the center.
- Excellent with children: The office did an amazing job with a scared 2-year-old during the eye exam, making the experience wonderful for both the child and the parent.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Goldsboro Eye Clinic is kind, helpful, and thoroughly explains each procedure. Dr. Zwerling is also kind and takes the time to ensure all needs are met and information is completed as required. Patients feel respected and well taken care of.
- Quick and efficient service: Despite some reviews mentioning longer wait times, other reviews highlight that the office gets patients started right away and provides a steady pace of service. This indicates a good balance between thoroughness and efficiency.
Carolina Vision Care – FireTower
915 E Fire Tower Rd Ste 108, Winterville, NC 28590
Carolina Vision Care earns acclaim for their professional, knowledgeable doctors and friendly, efficient staff. Patients commend Dr. Natalie McIntosh’s thorough exams and compassion. They also appreciate Dr. Sawyer’s clarity and accommodation. The clean, personalized service and comprehensive exams make this practice a top choice for outstanding eye care.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center, specifically Dr. Natalie McIntosh and Dr. Sawyer, are very thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain everything clearly and address all concerns.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviews highlight the friendly and courteous staff at this eye care center. From the receptionist to the technicians, the staff is described as kind, welcoming, and knowledgeable.
- Personalized and attentive care: Several reviews mention the personalized and attentive care provided at this eye care center. Patients feel valued and important, with the doctors taking the time to listen to their needs and provide individualized treatment or recommendations.
20/20 Vision Center
116 Regency Blvd, Greenville, NC 27834
Customers are delighted by the exceptional service and professionalism at 20/20 Vision Center. They highlight the welcoming staff, short wait times and comfortable atmosphere. Customers speak highly of the thorough eye exams, knowledgeable doctors and great selection of affordable frames.
- Efficient and professional service: The staff at 20/20 Vision Center are praised for their efficiency and professionalism. They provide a short wait time and make patients feel comfortable during eye exams.
- Excellent selection of glasses: Patients rave about the great selection of designer and name brand frames available at this eye care center. There are also options for glasses with insurance coverage, making it easier for patients to find the perfect pair.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: The doctors and staff at 20/20 Vision Center are highly knowledgeable and caring. Patients appreciate their attentiveness, thoroughness, and willingness to answer questions, ensuring that all eye care needs are met.
611 N Berkeley Blvd Suite B, Goldsboro, NC 27534
The reviews cite thorough eye exams and helpful, sanitation-conscious staff assisting with frames and eyeglass selection. Patients frequently mention Kenneth Thompson for his outstanding service. Patients strongly recommend this eye care center for its quality of care and customer service.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location were thorough, indicating that the eye care center pays attention to detail and ensures comprehensive evaluations.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many customers praise the staff for being friendly, patient, and willing to assist with frame selection, adjustments, and answering questions. This suggests a high level of customer service and a positive experience.
- Convenient and reliable service: One review mentioned that the eye doctor is located next to Lenscrafters, making it convenient for ordering glasses. Another review highlighted that adjustments were made on-site, and if any issues arise, they offer assistance even after the customer has left, indicating a commitment to quality care and customer satisfaction.
Albemarle Eye Center: Jitendra Swarup, M.D.
1730 Carolina Ave, Washington, NC 27889
Reviews indicate Dr. Swarup provides knowledgeable, attentive care resulting in successful procedures, though some mention long waits. Most praise Dr. Swarup’s expertise and professionalism. Medicare concerns don’t relate to doctor skills.
- Dr. Swarup received positive feedback regarding cataract surgery, with the team being described as attentive and caring.
- The staff and doctor were described as quick, efficient, and friendly, creating a positive experience for patients.
- The office had a professional atmosphere and received praise for the nurses and technicians caring about their patients' needs.
601 Greenville Blvd SE, Greenville, NC 27858
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly and helpful staff, fast service, and clean environment. A couple less favorable reviews cite delayed glasses delivery and prescription accuracy issues. Patients commend optician Ramone for his exceptional assistance and customer service.
- The staff is friendly and helpful, providing a great and pleasant experience.
- The office is clean and well-maintained.
- Ramone provides excellent customer service and is energetic and friendly.
- Dr. McCann is thorough, explains things well, and provides great care.
- The staff is patient and knowledgeable, especially with children and first-time contact lens wearers.
- The eyewear consultant, Hayleigh, is helpful and doesn't pressure customers into choosing more expensive frames.
Parker Family Eye Care, OD, PLLC
1299 Parkway Dr, Goldsboro, NC 27534
Dr. Parker and her staff receive high marks for their caring and patient-focused approach. Patients especially appreciate their friendly manner with children during exams. They also highlight the personalized service and range of eyewear options. However, one review mentioned issues with staff professionalism that led to losing customers.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Parker Family Eye Care is friendly and patient, particularly with children. They create a comfortable and stress-free environment for both kids and adults during eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctor: Dr. Parker is highly praised for her expertise and thoroughness during eye exams. She takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions, making patients feel at ease. She is attentive to each individual's eye issues and provides personalized care.
- Great selection of glasses: One customer raves about the variety of glasses available at Parker Family Eye Care. They searched everywhere for glasses but found the best selection here. This suggests that the eye care center offers a wide range of options to suit different preferences and styles.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.