Best Eye Doctors In Kernersville, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Kernersville Optometrists in Kernersville, Kernersville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Kernersville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Kernersville.
The Eyecare Group
1402 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27265
The eye care center was commended for their warm and expert staff. Patients noted the inviting atmosphere, which put even first-time child patients at ease. The knowledgeable doctors took time to clearly explain procedures and answer all questions. Patients felt the staff valued their health and wellbeing.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and professional. They make patients feel comfortable during their visit, especially kids during their first eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The reviews highlight the knowledge and expertise of the doctors at this eye care center. They are described as thorough in their exams, taking time to explain everything to patients and answering any questions they may have.
- Convenient and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that they had a positive experience in terms of the convenience and efficiency of the service at this eye care center. They were able to get same-day appointments, quick eye exams, and choose glasses within a short period of time.
Eyes On Trade
604 Trade St NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Eyes on Trade earns rave reviews for attentive doctors, efficient exams, and an extensive frame selection. Patients compliment the professional, friendly staff and thorough eye exams. They appreciate the knowledgeable guidance in choosing from quality, affordable options. The welcoming atmosphere keeps customers coming back and referring friends.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff at Eyes on Trade are described as efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment, making patients feel at ease during their eye exams and helping them with frame selection.
- Thorough and personalized eye exams: Patients mention that their eye exams at Eyes on Trade were thorough and felt personalized. The optometrist takes the time to explain each step of the exam and address any questions or concerns. They genuinely care about the eye health and vision of their patients.
See Well Vision Associates
1130 S Main St, Kernersville, NC 27284
Customers consistently report exceptional service, knowledge, and comfort at the eye care center. The eye doctors take an efficient, pleasant, and knowledgeable approach to exams. The staff is friendly, helpful, professional, and focused on making the glasses selection process easy and enjoyable.
- Exceptional service and knowledgeable staff: Customers praise the eye care center for their exceptional service and knowledgeable staff, making it a great place for eye exams and glasses.
- Comfortable and pleasant experience: Reviewers mention feeling comfortable and at ease during their eye exams, with staff members who were friendly and made the experience enjoyable.
- Professional and thorough: The eye care center is praised for its professionalism and thoroughness in conducting eye exams, providing accurate prescriptions and identifying any issues related to eye health.
Triangle Visions Optometry
853 Old Winston Rd #113, Kernersville, NC 27284
Most patients laud the doctors and staff for attentive, professional care and comprehensive eye exams. A few mention scheduling issues and staff behavior concerns, but these appear isolated. Overall, strong recommendations for the eye center’s expertise and service.
- Highly competent and caring doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center, specifically Dr. Orr and Dr. Harper, provided excellent care and took the time to address their concerns. They were praised for being knowledgeable, professional, and patient-oriented.
- Family-friendly atmosphere: Several reviews mentioned that this eye care center is great for the whole family. Parents appreciated that their children felt comfortable and at ease during their first eye exams, thanks to the caring and playful approach of the doctors.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers commented on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at this eye care center. They felt welcomed and valued as customers, and reported that the staff was courteous, accommodating, and provided superior service.
- Note: The above pros represent a selection of the positive feedback provided by the reviewers.
1575 NC-66, Kernersville, NC 27284
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its efficient and professional staff. Patients value the convenience of having exams and glasses in one location. Dr. Freeman earns acclaim for his meticulous exams and clear explanations of vision changes. Patients also comment favorably on the office’s friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
- Efficient and full-service eye care center with eye exams and glasses all in one place.
- Professional staff offering high-quality eye exams and assistance in selecting frames, including explaining insurance coverage.
5121 Reidsville Rd, Walkertown, NC 27051
The Eye Care Center in Walkertown, NC receives positive feedback for Dr. Freeman’s attentive and pleasant exams. Patients also commend the friendly, knowledgeable staff for their professional assistance with eye care and eyewear selection. While one review cited rude front desk staff, most experiences were positive.
- The eye care center has a knowledgeable and friendly staff that takes the time to ensure a thorough eye exam.
- They offer a wide selection of eyewear and provide assistance in finding glasses within the customer's price range.
- The center has a clean, pleasant atmosphere and provides excellent customer service, making the eye exam experience enjoyable.
500 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their professional, friendly doctors and staff who take time to explain procedures. Patients specifically compliment Drs. Harrill and Jordan. A few negative reviews cite issues with customer service like canceled appointments and unhelpful staff. Overall the center provides good service but could improve in certain areas.
- Great Doctor and Nurses: The eye care center has a dedicated and professional team of doctors and nurses, providing excellent service and care during eye exams.
- Detailed professional explanation of eye exam: The doctors at the eye care center take the time to explain the eye exam process thoroughly, ensuring that patients understand their eye health and any necessary treatments or prescriptions.
- Helpful staff: The staff at the eye care center are described as nice, friendly, and easy to work with, providing a positive and pleasant experience for patients seeking eye exams and care.
The EyeCare Group
10479 NC-109 Ste 106B, Winston-Salem, NC 27107
Customers were pleased with the friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating staff. Doctors took time to listen and were thorough. The office was clean with easy appointment scheduling and short wait times. However, one customer mentioned insurance issues and delays receiving glasses.
- Friendly and personable staff who listen to concerns and provide thorough care.
- Easy scheduling and minimal wait times for appointments.
- Clean and modern office with up-to-date technology for eye exams.
1300 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27265
Positive reviews mention the eye care center has a kind, professional staff that provides thorough, affordable exams and excellent customer service in a clean and organized office. Patients particularly appreciate Dr. Adkins’ professional and caring manner. The staff takes time to provide quality care and help patients find suitable glasses.
- Thorough and affordable eye exams: The eye care center offers thorough eye exams at competitive pricing, even for those without insurance. They take the time to check the eyes thoroughly and provide options for the best care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and caring staff, including the front office staff and the doctor. They take the time to listen to concerns and address any issues, making patients feel important and well taken care of.
- Highly recommended doctor: Dr. Adkins received numerous compliments from reviewers for his professionalism, thoroughness, and ability to explain issues and provide future advice. Patients appreciate the level of care he provides for their vision needs.
Eye Point Optometry
1105 Lindsay St, High Point, NC 27262
Eye Point Optometry receives mostly positive reviews for their professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff, especially Dr. Sellers. Patients report thorough eye exams with detailed explanations. Some reviews praise the office’s efficiency, accommodating staff, and use of advanced technology. However, one negative review mentioned issues with staff attentiveness and a focus on payment over care.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The staff at Eye Point Optometry is described as knowledgeable, polite, and professional. They provide detailed explanations of each test and treatment options, making patients feel informed and comfortable.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Eye Point Optometry are thorough and detailed. The exams include high-tech tests and state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Friendly and accommodating service: The staff at Eye Point Optometry is described as friendly, courteous, and accommodating. They make patients feel valued and provide a positive experience from scheduling appointments to the actual exam.
Guilford Eye Center
1323 New Garden Rd, Greensboro, NC 27410
While most were pleased with the eye doctors’ professionalism, some complained of misplaced paperwork, lengthy waits, and surprise fees. For quality care, seek an attentive doctor who listens and serves patients promptly.
- Extensive and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were impressed with the extent and thoroughness of their eye exams at Guilford Eye Center. This indicates that the eye care center provides comprehensive and detailed examinations.
- Friendly and caring staff: Several reviewers praised the employees at Guilford Eye Center for being caring, kind, and friendly. This suggests that the staff goes above and beyond to ensure a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Highly recommended: Multiple reviewers recommended Guilford Eye Center to their friends and family, indicating a high level of satisfaction with the eye care provided. This positive endorsement suggests that the eye care center delivers quality service.
794 S Main St Suite C, Kernersville, NC 27284
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for friendly staff, quick appointments, and satisfactory eye exams. While the majority of customers had good experiences, a few reported issues like incorrect prescriptions and difficulties obtaining refunds. The center uses computerized equipment and telehealth instead of traditional in-person eye exams.
- Same day appointments available: Customers were able to schedule appointments quickly, even on the same day, which was convenient for those needing immediate eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff for being friendly, professional, and helpful throughout the eye exam and glasses fitting process.
- Clean and welcoming environment: Customers mentioned that the eye care center had a clean and pleasant atmosphere, making their visit comfortable and positive.
Digby Eye Associates
2401 Hickswood Rd, High Point, NC 27265
Digby Eye Associates received overall positive reviews for their efficient, customer-friendly eye care services. Patients noted accurate diagnoses by Dr. Patel. Some customers struggled with contacting the office for contact lens orders. However, the knowledgeable, helpful optical staff and office team earned praise. Drs. Parker and Fontaine were commended for their excellent care.
- Highly competent doctors: Dr. Patel was able to accurately diagnose a corneal tear, impressing even the treating doctor. Dr. Parker was described as one of the best.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Digby Eye Associates was praised for their efficiency, friendliness, and customer service.
- Excellent eyewear selection: The optical department at Digby Eye Associates was highly recommended, with a wide selection of fashionable eyewear and knowledgeable opticians like Kathy.
Visionworks N.C. Doctors of Optometry, PLLC
1011 S Main St, Kernersville, NC 27284
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for attentive staff, quick service, and glasses promotions. A few reviews cite issues with customer service, wait times, and attention to detail during exams and fittings.
- Quick and efficient service with the ability to schedule an eye exam on short notice.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide good customer service and assist in picking out affordable glasses.
Triad Eye Associates
1577-B New Garden Rd, Greensboro, NC 27410
Triad Eye Associates offers thorough eye exams in clean facilities with a friendly, professional staff. The staff are approachable to customers who want to talk with doctors about insurance billing, and communication about accepted plans, most praised the expertise, customer service, and commitment to quality care.
- Thorough and professional eye exams
- Top-tier customer service and friendly staff
- Up-to-date technology for eye care
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.