Best Eye Doctors In Fayetteville, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fayetteville Optometrists in Fayetteville, Fayetteville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fayetteville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Fayetteville.
The Eye Center next to Lenscrafters – Fayetteville
419 Cross Creek Mall # 302, Fayetteville, NC 28303
The Eye Center is praised for friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough exams. Patients appreciate the professional, efficient service and comfortable, clean facility. Some complaints arose regarding unexpected fees and optional services. Overall, reviewers recommend the Eye Center.
- The staff at the Eye Center is praised for their exceptional customer service, professionalism, and knowledge. Patients feel comfortable and at ease during their eye exams.
- The doctors at the Eye Center are thorough in their examinations, take the time to explain results, and listen to patients' questions and concerns.
- The facility is clean and neat, and the staff is described as kind, patient, and polite. Patients appreciate the accurate prescriptions they receive and the overall ease of working with the Eye Center.
103 Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville, NC 28303
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their fast, friendly service. Customers frequently compliment Drs. Kayla and Jacob for their helpful expertise. A couple reviews cite issues with incorrect frames or delayed glasses, but most praise the quality care.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location were conducted quickly and efficiently, minimizing wait times for customers.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers highlight the staff's knowledge and expertise in helping customers select frames, understand pricing options, and provide personalized assistance, creating a positive and comfortable experience.
- Same-day service for glasses: Several reviews mention that customers were able to receive their glasses on the same day as their eye exams, minimizing the wait time for their new pair of glasses.
Cape Fear Eye Associates
1726 Metro Medical Dr, Fayetteville, NC 28304
Reviewers expressed frustration with communication issues, customer service, billing, insurance, and long waits. However, many praised the friendly, helpful staff like Drs. Patel, Campbell, Kapperman, Zhin, Zhang, and Riggins for professionalism, expertise, and patient-focused care. Some noted responsive urgent appointments, practice improvements, and exceptional service at Cape Fear Eye Associates.
- Knowledgeable and Efficient Staff: Multiple reviewers have praised the staff at this eye care center for being knowledgeable, professional, and efficient in their services. They explain procedures clearly and provide excellent care.
- Top-Notch Level of Care: Several reviews highlight the high level of care provided by the doctors at this eye clinic. They are described as experts in their field, providing prompt attention, problem-solving, and effective treatment plans.
- Friendly and Caring Front Office: The front office staff at this eye care center is often commended for being friendly, professional, and helpful. They go out of their way to make patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
1598 Skibo Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive feedback for its friendly and helpful staff, quick service, and affordable pricing. A few patients expressed dissatisfaction with prescription accuracy and staff courtesy, though positive reviews predominated.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, professional, and providing excellent customer service. Customers appreciated the staff's assistance in picking out frames and answering their questions.
- Quick turnaround time: Several customers mentioned that their glasses were ready in under an hour or within a short period of time. The fast service was found to be convenient and reliable.
- Affordable prices: Many customers appreciated the affordable prices offered by Eyemart Express, especially compared to larger retail chains. They mentioned paying less for their glasses and finding good deals on multiple pairs.
Advanced Eye Care
131 Glensford Dr #105, Fayetteville, NC 28314
Patients consistently commend Advanced Eye Care’s welcoming staff, short wait times, and comprehensive exams. Dr. Reeves earns high marks for his composed bedside manner, clear explanations, and dedication. However, some critique insurance correspondence and exam thoroughness.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and welcoming staff, from the receptionist to the doctors. Patients felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviews praised the short wait times and fast service at Advanced Eye Care. Patients appreciated being seen promptly and efficiently, with some even mentioning receiving their new eye prescription and completing their exam in record time.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at Advanced Eye Care, specifically Dr. Reeves and Dr. Ennis, were knowledgeable, thorough, and took the time to explain everything during the eye exam. Patients felt confident in the doctors' expertise and appreciated the detailed explanations of their eye health and conditions.
579 Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville, NC 28303
The eye care center receives consistently positive reviews for their friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, broad selection of glasses, efficient and pleasant exams, and advanced technology like photos instead of dilation drops. Though some initially had trouble locating it, they were assisted and ultimately very satisfied with the care and service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional attitude of the staff, from the receptionist to the technicians and doctors. They make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire eye exam process.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers consistently mentioned the thoroughness of the eye exams and the attentiveness of the doctors. The exams are described as fast and pleasant, with the doctors taking the time to explain each step and answer all questions.
- Extensive selection of frames: The eye care center is praised for having a great selection of frames to choose from. The staff is knowledgeable about different lens options and can help patients find glasses that suit their style and budget.
Visionworks Glensford Commons
131 Glensford Dr #105, Fayetteville, NC 28314
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for its efficient service, knowledgeable and friendly staff, professional atmosphere, and clean and safe environment. A few customers did note issues with billing and insurance, though others highlighted good experiences with customer service staff like Ms. Sharone and Jacob.
- Efficient and professional service: Customers mentioned being able to get in and out in a timely manner and receive their annual eye exams, contact lens training, and select new glasses without any issues. The staff was described as nice, helpful, and knowledgeable, providing professional and friendly service.
- Good customer service and helpful staff: Several reviews highlighted the employees' welcoming and friendly nature. Customers appreciated being assisted by knowledgeable staff members who took the time to explain different aspects of eye care, such as lens sizes and distances, and helped them select the right frames and lenses for their specific needs. Additionally, the staff was praised for their efforts in resolving any issues or complications with orders, demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Variety of options and accommodating to customer needs: Customers reported a wide range of options for glasses, with various brands and frames available. The employees were described as patient and attentive, helping customers find the perfect glasses that suited their preferences and needs. The staff also demonstrated flexibility in accommodating customer requests, such as searching for frames online, providing home delivery of correct purchases, and ensuring accuracy in orders.
Owen Drive Cape Fear Eye
1629 Owen Dr, Fayetteville, NC 28304
The eye care center is lauded for its courteous, knowledgeable staff and the thorough, prompt service of its doctors in positive reviews. Many satisfied patients recommend the center for eye care needs. Specific doctors like Dr. Leah Bonaparte stand out for excellent, communicative care.
- Professional and excellent service: Customers have commended the staff and doctors at Cape Fear Eye Associates for their professionalism and excellent service. They feel well taken care of and appreciate the attention to detail during their eye exams.
- Thorough and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers have praised the staff for being thorough and knowledgeable. They feel that their questions are answered and that the staff takes the time to explain any issues or concerns they may have.
- Caring and patient-centered approach: Customers have mentioned that the doctors and staff at Cape Fear Eye Associates are caring and have a patient-centered approach. They appreciate the doctors' ability to make them feel comfortable and valued during their eye appointments.
Professional Eye Care Optometry PA
3551 Dunn Rd #103, Eastover, NC 28312
Most customers speak highly of this eye care center, citing attentive staff who provide professional, thorough exams. While some mention issues like incorrect prescriptions and long waits, the majority give positive reviews, recommending its friendly, knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Professional and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are highly professional and courteous, providing a positive and pleasant experience for patients.
- Thorough and personalized eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the personalized attention given by the eye doctors. Patients feel that the doctors take the time to explain things and genuinely care about their eye health.
- Prompt and efficient service: There are multiple reviews commending the efficiency and promptness of the service provided at this eye care center. Patients appreciate not having to wait long for their eye exams and receiving timely assistance.
Village Eye Care
3526 Village Dr, Fayetteville, NC 28304
Village Eye Care earns rave reviews for their attentive, friendly staff and comprehensive eye exams. Customers appreciate the short waits, clean and well-organized office, and wide selection of eyewear. Though one negative review cites an office manager as rude and deceitful regarding insurance, overall Village Eye Care is highly recommended for professional, thorough eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Quick wait times and efficient service
- Large selection of eyeglass frames
- Caring and patient-centric approach
- Generosity and community involvement
- Clean and well-organized office
Carolina Eye Associates
1991 Fordham Dr STE 301, Fayetteville, NC 28304
Carolina Eye Associates patients appreciate the knowledgeable and caring doctors, with some concerns over wait times and reception. The experienced physicians provide quality eye exams, though a few negative comments address longer waits and an unfriendly receptionist. Overall, most reviews recommend this practice for eye care.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviews mentioned that the doctors at Carolina Eye Associates are knowledgeable, thorough, and take their time to explain eye issues and put patients at ease during eye exams.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers appreciated the friendly and caring staff at Carolina Eye Associates, noting that they made patients feel comfortable and explained what they were doing during the appointment.
- Minimal waiting time: Many reviews indicated that the waiting time at Carolina Eye Associates was minimal, and patients were able to move efficiently from station to station without experiencing significant delays.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.