Best Eye Doctors In Elizabeth City, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Elizabeth City Optometrists in Elizabeth City, Elizabeth City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Elizabeth City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Elizabeth City.
1813 W Ehringhaus St, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews from patients. They appreciate the doctors for their professional and caring manner, along with the helpful and friendly staff. Patients also comment favorably on the selection of frames and affordable prices. However, some negative experiences are noted regarding issues with glasses and difficulties with customer service.
- Professional and caring doctors who explain everything during eye exams, making patients feel comfortable
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service and make the experience enjoyable for both children and adults
- Quick and efficient service, including thorough eye exams, frame selection, and measurements, leading to a streamlined process
Albemarle Eye Center – Elizabeth City
1503 N Road St, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
The majority of patients expressed satisfaction with this eye care center’s short wait times, thorough exams, and friendly staff. Dr. Burns garnered positive feedback for his attentive bedside manner. However, a few reviews cited issues with communication, scheduling, and obtaining accurate prescriptions. In general, most patients had a positive experience and would recommend this facility.
- Short wait times: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they had minimal wait times before being called back for their eye exams, indicating that the eye care center is efficient in managing appointments.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised the eye exams they received, highlighting the thoroughness of the examinations and the attention to detail from the doctors. This suggests that the center prioritizes comprehensive eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, including the administrative assistants and doctors. This positive interaction contributes to a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
Visionary Eye Care
3850 Conlon Way f, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Visionary Eye Care received overwhelmingly positive reviews for its friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff. Customers appreciated the thorough eye exams and doctors taking time to explain and address concerns. The modern, clean office and welcoming atmosphere were praised, as was the center’s skill with children. One negative review cited issues with doctor/staff and glasses purchases but appeared isolated. Overall, Visionary Eye Care comes highly recommended for excellent service and care.
- Friendly and professional staff who listen to concerns and patiently perform and explain eye exams.
- Great with kids, making their first eye exam a positive experience.
- Quick and efficient appointments with a clean and modern office.
Albemarle Eye Center: Sean W. Smolenyak, O.D.
101 Mark Dr, Edenton, NC 27932
Albemarle Eye Center is generally well reviewed for its knowledgeable, friendly staff and thorough eye exams with clear doctor explanations. However, one customer cited difficulty getting an appointment and unhelpful phone service. Most customers recommend the professional, helpful staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff at Albemarle Eye Center being welcoming, pleasant, and helpful. This indicates that customers can expect a positive and comfortable experience during their eye exams and interactions with the staff.
- Thorough and competent eye exams: Several reviews praised the thoroughness of the eye exams performed at the center. This suggests that customers can trust that their eye health will be carefully evaluated, ensuring accurate diagnoses and appropriate treatment plans.
- Great customer service: Many reviews highlighted the exceptional customer service received at Albemarle Eye Center. Customers mentioned feeling valued, having their questions answered, and experiencing professionalism and empathy from the staff. This indicates that individuals seeking eye care can expect a high level of customer service and a positive overall experience.
Albemarle Eye Center – Edenton
101 Mark Dr, Edenton, NC 27932
The eye care center is highly recommended by customers for its professional, friendly, and thorough staff. Patients appreciate the attentive care from knowledgeable doctors and courteous assistants during exams.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff members at the eye care center were professional, friendly, and made the customers feel important. This creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews praised the eye care center for providing thorough eye exams. This indicates that the center takes the time to thoroughly assess and diagnose patients' eye health, giving them confidence in the quality of care they receive.
- Excellent customer service: Customers appreciated the excellent customer service provided by the staff. They mentioned that the staff members were accommodating, patient, and answered all their questions thoroughly, creating a positive and pleasant experience.
George’s Optical Shop
1125 N Road St, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
George’s Optical provides excellent service with knowledgeable staff. Customers praise their willingness to fix and replace broken glasses, even doing minor repairs for free. The personalized, attentive service fosters loyal customers over nearly 20 years.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center are praised for their friendly and knowledgeable service. They take the time to ensure customer satisfaction and provide first-class service.
- Quick and efficient repairs: Customers who needed repairs on their glasses were seen right away and had their glasses fixed, cleaned, and refitted. The staff even provided a replacement frame when no other place would.
- Customization and variety: Unlike big box stores, this independent eye care center offers custom-made glasses and a wide selection of frames. Customers appreciate the attention to detail and the ability to find the perfect pair of glasses.
111 Virginia Rd, Edenton, NC 27932
Dr. Benkusky receives positive reviews for his expertise and use of advanced technology at this eye care center. The professional and friendly staff help customers select glasses and have them ready promptly.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced doctor with state-of-the-art equipment for eye exams.
- Friendly staff that offers assistance in selecting the perfect glasses and ensures timely delivery.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
101 Tanglewood Pkwy N, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
This eye care center is lauded for their professional and timely service. However, inconsistent hours and unexpected closures have generated complaints. Nonetheless, customers report great service and ample eyewear options.
- Quick and efficient service: Customers mentioned that they received their glasses within a week of the eye examination, and one review specifically mentioned receiving their glasses in less than an hour and a half after getting them fixed.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the professionalism and helpfulness of the employees, specifically mentioning staff members Greg and Anna. Customers felt well taken care of and appreciated the kind and caring attitude of the opticians.
- Wide selection of glasses and accessories: Customers appreciated the variety of choices available when it came to frames and accessories. They found the selection to be extensive, allowing them to find something that worked best for them.
Coastal Eye Center
1855 W City Dr, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Coastal Eye Center patients report consistently receiving professional, excellent care. Patients describe the doctors and staff as kind, accommodating professionals who provide great service for exams and glasses with minimal appointment wait times.
- Professional and excellent care compared to other eye centers.
- Friendly and accommodating staff, including the eye glass specialist.
- Short wait times for appointments and efficient service.
- Ability to improve vision, with some patients achieving 20/20 vision for the first time.
- Clean and efficient facility.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.